the new bone section

edited May 2005 in Bone
its really cool.. the design is great too.. plus all the pics are looking promising
but im most interested about the "about" section there.. what is this new multi-char dialog system? maybe heather or somone else from the TT stuff could explain a bit about it? not too much, just a tiny bit..... please? pretty please? pretty please with suger on top?

oh and excuse my bad english pls...

Comments

• edited May 2005
    your English is fine, man, don't worry about it.

The Bone section looks nice. I'm looking forward to all of those "coming soon" parts. Hopefully they'll put some music samples in the extra's section, too.

I'm curious to know what is meant by the multi-character dialogue system, too. I have a vague idea that perhaps it means having three-way conversations where we get to control the topic choices of two of the characters when talking to one or more NPC's. Or something like that. I think I just confused myself.
  • edited May 2005
    Good to see some more stuff from the game. Everything looks very nice. The rat creature was pretty neat and I think the landscapes capture the world of Bone very well.

Now I'm eager to see how Thorn and Granma' Ben turns out, but I have no doubt these guys will pull it off.

As for the muliperson dialog I haven't got much of a clue. Maybe as suggested something with controlling the dialog options of more than one character. Or something where it is possible to get one participant in a conversation with more than two people, over on you own side through conversation. Then both of you can argue with the third person.... Or something :p
  • edited May 2005
    Wow - looks awesome.

I am particularly interested in the feature regarding in game help. You ask your character and he gives you a hint I assume. Sounds like a great way to decrease those mindless hours of using everything on everything and wandering around aimlessly wondering if you are doing the right thing in the right order. They seem like they have some great ideas for getting rid of the most frustrating parts of adventure games of the past.
  • edited May 2005
    This section reminds me of the good ol' days of Lucasarts E3 announcements..... ;)
    I am pretty excited about the gameplay improvements, but I'd like to know the details. I hope that Heather or someone else can share something about this juicy innovations in dialogue and character special interactions.
    I don't like the fact that it's impossible to download full-size screenshots from those flash-windows. :(
    I also have a question: are these screenshots final? The characters have shadows in the desert screenshots, but the shadows seems to be absent in the riverbay screenshots.
    BTW, this project looks better and better day after day. :D
    Dom
  • edited May 2005
    to tell you the truth i wasnt expecting much from this project... i thought i would be just another bad attempt to revive the adventure games genre... but now after i tasted some of the features of this game, and some cool screenshots, my shred of hope that this amazing genre will revive someday, is starting to grow... pls dont disappoint me TT.. im counting on u
  • edited May 2005
    I also have a question: are these screenshots final? The characters have shadows in the desert screenshots, but the shadows seems to be absent in the riverbay screenshots.
    Maybe the trees in Riverbay are too tall for the sun to penetrate to cast shadows on the characters.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2005
    Not to worry. We are not done dishing out the tasty details.

As for the multi-person dialog: have you ever played an adventure game and wanted to have a conversation with other characters that actually felt like a conversation?

Uh...that's all I can say for now. They're onto me. Remember: The red fish glows at midnight.
  • edited May 2005
    Not to worry. We are not done dishing out the tasty details.

As for the multi-person dialog: have you ever played an adventure game and wanted to have a conversation with other characters that actually felt like a conversation? ...

That does sound tasty indeed. I just get more excited by the day. It is almost like some intelligent people are designing this game. What gives? I thought all smart ideas got trampled by mediocre crap with a bow tied on it. I can't believe you Telltale folks are only 20 minutes away from me, and not on another planet. It is so refreshing.
  • edited May 2005
    I can't believe you Telltale folks are only 20 minutes away from me, and not on another planet. It is so refreshing.
    So why haven't you got those Telltale hidden webcams planted and running yet?
  • edited May 2005
    So why haven't you got those Telltale hidden webcams planted and running yet?

I'll get on it ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.