Forget Monkey Island Movie...

What we need is a Monkey Island light opera! With Moving songs of Piracy and Good old classics, this could be THE way to get Monkey Island out of the obscure and into the mainstream!

[/joking]

Comments

• edited June 2009
    lol

Some guys in America did a really bad attempt at a play of Monkey Island.

Seriously, it looked like they were improvising... badly.
  • edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    lol

It wasn't that bad......
  • edited June 2009
    Forget Monkey Island light opera...

What we need is a Monkey Island ROCK OPERA!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    So, when I went to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, I WASN'T watching a Monkey Island movie?
  • edited June 2009
    So, when I went to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, I WASN'T watching a Monkey Island movie?

I didn't see Guybrush, Elaine Marley, the Voodoo Lady, Lechuck, Monkey Island, Melee Island, swirly clouds, Murray, Largo LeGrande, Wally, or Herman Toothrot.

I just saw Will Turner, Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, Governor Swann, Davy Jones, Captain Barbossa, Ilse De Muerta, The Flying Dutchman, Commodore Norrington, and Tia Dalma.

That's ALL I saw. Similar maybe, but it wasn't Monkey Island.

People who say otherwise are angry because POTC was popular for the things MI could have been popular for, and because it wasn't what could've been Monkey Island. But they need to suck it up. Monkey Island is good enough for me in video game format.
  • edited June 2009
    That's ALL I saw. Similar maybe, but it wasn't Monkey Island.

People who say otherwise are angry because POTC was popular for the things MI could have been popular for, and because it wasn't what could've been Monkey Island. But they need to suck it up. Monkey Island is good enough for me in video game format.

Actually, POTC effectively ripped half of the story of the cut Monkey Island animated-movie, it even had some of the same team working on it.

I, for one, am glad they didn't do a Monkey Island movie. Only animated would have worked, and it risked completely ruining the charm of the franchise for me.
  • edited June 2009
    wrong thread, sorry :-P
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    It wasn't that bad......

Agreed. It was just a bit too.... Monkey Islandish. Too much like the game in it's structure.
  • edited June 2009
    tredlow wrote: »
    Forget Monkey Island light opera...

What we need is a Monkey Island ROCK OPERA!!!!
    No, no, no... Forget Rock Opera.

The way to go for monkey island is the world's first (to my knowledge) REGGAE OPERA!! (Actually that's something I'd quite like to see).
  • edited June 2009
    Marduk wrote: »
    No, no, no... Forget Rock Opera.

The way to go for monkey island is the world's first (to my knowledge) REGGAE OPERA!! (Actually that's something I'd quite like to see).

Reggae artists would be too stoned to remember their lines :)
  • edited June 2009
    Reggae artists would be too stoned to remember their lines :)
    Many professional musicians and, indeed, other artists, have been known to take recreational drugs. While I recognise that there are reggae performers who are white, as you may know, I have to wander if is a racist slur against people from the Caribbean in general
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    Many professional musicians and, indeed, other artists, have been known to take recreational drugs. While I recognise that there are reggae performers who are white, as you may know, I have to wander if is a racist slur against people from the Caribbean in general

Most raggae artists are Rastafarian. Most. Ok a large number.

One of the Rastafarian "customs", "ceremonies" whatever is passing around Cannabis.

However, this is only at certain times and Gryffalio is wrong to suggest that all artists will be stoned.

Please, world. Stop being sensitive...
  • edited June 2009
    Actually, POTC effectively ripped half of the story of the cut Monkey Island animated-movie, it even had some of the same team working on it.

I, for one, am glad they didn't do a Monkey Island movie. Only animated would have worked, and it risked completely ruining the charm of the franchise for me.

I knew about that. I don't call using ideas that were going to waste anyway ripping-off, but whatever; it's still not Monkey Island. While I'm a massive MI fan, I am just as big of a POTC fan, and I see it as being a whole original idea for "movie medium". I am just as eager to jump to the defense of one as I am the other.
  • edited June 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNSNLPIfw

In all seriousness, though, thought-processes: Reggae --> Bob Marley --> Ziggy Marley --> Rastas --> smoke weed (even while recording) --> they'd be too stoned.

Indeed, it is a racist slur. Is that what you want to hear? In actual fact, it would be more likely a cultural than a racist one. Unless you seem to think reggae is a racially exclusive style of music, which in itself is quite racist.
  • edited June 2009
    lol

I just liked the fact that they even attempted it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.