Do You Trust Sera?

I found Mira's storyline in Episode 3 to be the most intriguing of all, since you finally really got started in playing the game of thrones.

Since I had been friendly towards Sera in the past two episodes she was willing to help me after Margery threatened Mira's continued residence at Kings Landing.

Towards the end of Episode 3 when they showcase the teaser for the much anticipated Episode 4, they do give us a glimpse of a scene where Sera discovers Mira and Tom plotting something together, and then asks for what exactly is going on.

Obviously it appears that the episode will force you to solidify your trust of Sera once and for all - you were able to send her away in Episode 1, in Episode 2 it was possible to refuse to help her with her marriage request, in Episode 3 it was possible to refuse to cover for her when she went off to speak with that purple dressed noble (I forgot his name); but in my playthrough I gambled on keeping Sera reasonably close in case I ever needed her, and so I did help her and be nice to her whenever I could, however I did want to minimize whatever information she could learn of Mira's schemes.

I'm happy that she's willing to help me in trying to convince Margery to not terminate Mira's service as her handmaiden. but I'm conflicted over letting her in on what's really happening.

From the teaser it already looks like she's suspecting Mira's hiding something from her, ever since then I've been trying to calculate the right move to make:

1- If I lie or insist it nothing then its possible she'll see through that and our relationship will be damaged beyond repair, worse still she could turn against me, which would be bad as right now I do need all the leverage I can get to stop Margery from sending me back to Ironrath.

2- If I tell her the truth, our relationship might be maintained but that also means risking the leak of vital info through her, which would be bad since I do prefer secrecy.

3- I could just divert her attention with a more believable lie -- like pretending to be in a close relationship with Tom, which I then pretend to be trying to hide, this could be somewhat scandalous but it might be better than her knowing the full truth.

It seems Mira is treading on some very thin ice ever since Joffrey's death (one of my favourite TV moments ever), one wrong move and she could sink deeper (and drown).

What do you guys think, do you trust Sera?

Comments

• I don't fully trust Sera. However, I have been pretty friendly and open with her until this point. I think, if the option to tell her the truth is presented, I would like the option to be selective and tell her half truths. For example, I think I could trust her with the information about the Royal Decree (she knows about it in my playthrough anyways because Tyrion blabbed about it in front of her and Margaery) but I still won't want to tell her about the Lannister gaurd.

• I'd give her a taste, but not all. She's far too shifty. Her whole 'can you maybe send Lady Margaery to me instead of you' seemed a bit cut throat-ish to me. She's only really out for herself.

• Nope, I've always had my suspicions about her. They could be unfounded, though.

• I do trust her but because it's kings landing I feel the need to be cautious which kills me because I really like Sera. I would either take a huge gamble and tell her everything (which is an incredibly dangerous move) or come up with a believeable lie like her and Tom are lovers or something (after all when she caught Mira and Tom in ep3 she suspected them to be lovers and I went along with it saying "can we keep this between us?"

• edited April 2015

I'm indifferent to her, tbh, but she's friendly to Mira and so I'll be nice to her :)

• I don't trust anyone in King's Landing.

• I trust her knowing that she will soon bite me.

• edited April 2015

I trust no one in King's Landing. Sure, pick certain decisions and Sera might actually be friendly, but who knows if she will betray Mira if it means raising her position. For all we know, the Lord she has her eyes on could be the one supporting the Whitehills and she could sell-out Mira in exchange for a marriage.

• Sure I trust her. She wants to be friends then fine. Choosing to help her given the chance, gets Serah to help Mira given the chance. lol So far they can both agree on helping each other, but nothing comes from it... hopefully yet.

• I swear to god if Sera tries to be smart/play the game, i am so selling her out to Cersei about her family or even blackmail here.

• Sera seems to have some low cunning with her and I fear she may eventually try or succeed in betraying Mira. My Mira has been pretty civil towards Sera but I would have no hesitation on betraying her if it prolonged my life.

• She annoyed me when she asked me to send Margaery to her the next time. if she'd just have told me to talk to Margaery about helping her finding a suitable husband I'd have done so.

I've been fairly friendly to her but I'm not sure if I trust her. She'd be stupid to go against me though, because I know some of her secrets as well.

• I think so...

• And this is correct answer.

I don't trust anyone in King's Landing.

• But to play the 'game' don't you need at least one trustworthy ally on your side?

I don't trust anyone in King's Landing.

• Agreed, I've only been nice to her all this time, but if she turns out to be another Arvo then she'll be sorry she ever crossed Mira Forrester.

I swear to god if Sera tries to be smart/play the game, i am so selling her out to Cersei about her family or even blackmail here.

• I trust her i do good path a lot.

• Our only trustworthy ally just got arrested ;-;

Harian96 posted: »

But to play the 'game' don't you need at least one trustworthy ally on your side?

• No. I'm sure she'll have no trouble selling me out in order to look better in Marge's eyes.

• I don't trust her at all, but I've tried my best to make her not hate me without giving her anything. I've managed to keep her on my good side and get her to help me with Margeary and Cersei without really doing anything but minimal favors for her. But while I have her close enough to be useful, I don't trust her one bit.

The way she turns on you like a harpy if you go full on un-friendly towards you is ridiculous. She doesn't just get upset, she goes straight to making you beg for her scraps, basically. In comparison, Tom will be (somewhat) friendly and try to help you even if you leave the poor kid to fight Damien alone. So I trust Tom, because he'll be loyal no matter what. Sera's friends with me because it suits her, and I'm friends with her cause it suits me. And if things go (more) South, it'll just be a race to see who can throw who under the bus quicker/

• uaah I really don't know. Everything you do with heer seems like a test. Are you trustworthy? Can you keep promises etc.

You can even tell Margaery that you don't trust Sera... Well i think she really could be a total sellout. I have a feeling that your choices matter..

• edited April 2015

I think how the Sera storyline turns out will depend on how you've treated her. I mean no matter what the story will head in the same way but it's possible she'll help/betray you depending on what route you took with her. I was relatively nice to her all along and she seems to genuinely want to help Mira. But I've also seen what happens if you refuse to help her and she looks much more shady and manipulative. I think she might be a player of the Game who either likes and won't sell out Mira or dislikes her and will have no qualms about selling Mira out to prop herself up.

Which makes sense. If you aren't her friend, you're a step stool. That's a pretty common mindset in King's Landing.

• She seems silly.

• I do trust Sera. I mean, I've been nice to her throughout the whole season so far. (let her stay in the room as I asked Margaery for help, promised I wouldn't tell her secret, and allowed her to go chat with that Tarwick fellow) Because of that, and since our positions have been swapped due to Margaery being a lil peeved with me making deals with Tyrion, Sera said that she is willing to return the favor for me.

• Oh, come on! He was only charged with regicide! I'm certain he'll be out and about in no time at all! Heh.

Our only trustworthy ally just got arrested ;-;

• i don't trust her. she's made it clear that even though they're friends, she's focused on getting herself a noble name/better life for herself. i can't imagine she's going to REALLY put her neck out for me and my problematic family when she has a lot to lose from it.

i've treated her kind of eh so far. in episode 1 i asked her to leave. when she told me her secret and asked if i would help, i stayed quiet and didn't offer anything. when cersei was yelling at her, i said nothing. i told her i would have her back with marg in ep 3 and she said she would stand up for marg, but at this point she has the upper hand and she knows i need her. i'm not willing to have her holding anything over me. i'm going to try to keep it a secret and keep her at arm's length.

• She is reckless and seems to cause a lot of grief. I think she is more worried about her name. And why did she tell me? If it is such a secret. She had no reason to...

• Come on, can you refuse this beautiful woman?

Alt text

In all honesty, I am being cautious around Sera. I don't trust her, but that doesn't stop me from being nice to her.

• I think it would be too obvious for her to turn out as a traitor, which is why I trust her

• Deal with it, Sera.

Harian96 posted: »

Agreed, I've only been nice to her all this time, but if she turns out to be another Arvo then she'll be sorry she ever crossed Mira Forrester.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I don't trust her or anyone in King's Landing, she seems suspicious at times and i have been reluctant to befriend or help her too much. I have seen people who seem to like and trust Tom but knowing Telltale he will probably be a traitor and Sera will be the one who is trustworthy.

• edited April 2015

She's a very fishy character to be honest. But that could be said about every character in the game (even Mama Forrester, who I think will do something to rattle our cause). In my first playthrough I didn't tell her anything and I treated her rather poorly. And she was a mean bitch to me after Margaery wouldn't let me braid her hair (dammit, it's all I ever wanted!). In my second playthrough I was nice to her and opened up a bit. I did not give her all the details. Because in my experience with Telltale it's better to be honest and compromise, than to lie. And she was treating me better. I don't really know about her... Or any other character on GoT.
    Side Note, I hoped Mira would start an affair with Margaery... I have that feeling about Margaery ever since she said "Pretty girls" in a flirtatious way in season 3.

• trust Tom but knowing Telltale he will probably be a traitor and Sera will be the one who is trustworthy.

Damn. But I'd rather have that than something like Royland or Duncan end up being the traitor at Ironrath.

OzzyUK posted: »

I don't trust her or anyone in King's Landing, she seems suspicious at times and i have been reluctant to befriend or help her too much. I h

• Not one fucking bit, that sudden personality change during the wedding immediatly destroyed any trust I had for her.. "quite funny how things change" or whatever she said, despite me helping her at any oppitunity.. fuck her, she's going dooown

• Well we can easily help her or ruin her. I don't trust her fully though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.