Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2015

I apologize for the inconvenience, after looking over your Support Tool information, you should be able to play the game successfully. Below are a few possible solutions (You may have tried a few of these, but I will post all of the potential solutions to resolve your issue below):

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game’s icon, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

9) Disable Steam Overlay, if you purchased through Steam (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3168263)

10) Opt out of the Steam Beta, if you purchased through Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828934424165581080/)

• I believe this is a networking issue. I can play offline but not connected to the internet and I'm connecting wired too. The game works fine on my home computer. This issue is only happening at work. The connections to your server must be blocked by my IT/Network manager.
    This is strange since I was able to play a couple months ago. I don't know if anything was changed. Can you send me an IP address to Ping your servers?
    If you have any solutions that would be cool. I have access to some admin changes but I can't mess with Group Policies.
    Thanks.

I apologize for the inconvenience, after looking over your Support Tool information, you should be able to play the game successfully. Below

• Why is best to set compatibility mode to 98/ME? That seems strange.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Unfortunately I am unable to provide an IP address. You are welcome to ping our URL www.telltalegames.com for results. If you are currently using a Type 2 NAT or Type 3 NAT at your work, there may be some connection issues making you unable to successfully connect and play, and you would have to make changes on your end in order to connect.

If you choose to play in a Compatibility Mode, we recommend Windows 98/ME as our games tend to run best/have least issues in this setting.

Theox posted: »

I believe this is a networking issue. I can play offline but not connected to the internet and I'm connecting wired too. The game works fin

This discussion has been closed.