Is that Chuck the Plant in the trailer?

Hey, I saw the first gameplay video, and It's awesome! But....did I see chuck the plant?

Picture1-4.png

If that is chuck, AWESOME!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Chuck could be a whole jungle by now. I hope they bring him and a Max cameo back.
  • edited June 2009
    You might want to put spoliers in this post..

Also, this has been mentioned in the video thread (by me! lol)
  • edited July 2009
    Even if it isn't, it should be! Besides, what kind of undead horror of a pirate scourge sails with a houseplant, unless it happened to have his name on it?
  • edited July 2009
    Is that a spoiler in the threadtitle? Makes me pissed off.
  • edited July 2009
    Is that a spoiler in the threadtitle? Makes me pissed off.

No? Chuck the Plant is an old LucasArts running gag, not some new plot device.

Now, if it was LeChuck the Plant, that would be a plot point.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah really I don't think speculating something is a spoiler lay off the original poster guys.... Besides if it is a video allowed to be seen by the game developers its not anyone here posting fault if you find out about it.
  • edited July 2009
    Chuck the Plant has looked completely different in every game he's appeared. In Maniac Mansion he was a little plant on a shelf. In Last Crusade he was a much taller plant. In Day of the Tentacle was a freaking cactus. How can you tell by looking?
  • edited July 2009
    Chuck the Plant has looked completely different in every game he's appeared. In Maniac Mansion he was a little plant on a shelf. In Last Crusade he was a much taller plant. In Day of the Tentacle was a freaking cactus. How can you tell by looking?

You can't, but you can speculate.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, the only way to tell is by placing your cursor over him and seeing if it reads "Chuck the Plant". XD

Even if it turns out that plant isn't Chuck, it'd still be awesome if they did bring him back. I wouldn't put it past Telltale to do something like that. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Scrawffler wrote: »
    Yeah, the only way to tell is by placing your cursor over him and seeing if it reads "Chuck the Plant". XD

Even if it turns out that plant isn't Chuck, it'd still be awesome if they did bring him back. I wouldn't put it past Telltale to do something like that. :D

Well, they've done it before. There's a Chuck the Plant in Wallace and Gromit, and Strong Sad's plant Charlemagne is clearly a reference to Chuck as well.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.