Sam and Max on Netflix

edited April 2015 in Sam & Max

It would be cool to have Sam and Max to be as a Netflix original show instead to be on TV i think. Then not only do we have new adventures of them, but also keep the original materials (like guns and adult humor: S&M humor) while the cartoon series didn't do. What do you guys think?

Comments

• That's kind of a double edged sword, at least for me.

On one hand I'd love to see more of the cartoon or more of them in general. On the other, I don't want it gaining a very annoying fan following that wouldn't know anything about the comics and will probably end up destroying the series like Sonic ( shudders ).

This is one of the very last franchises that wasn't ruined by anything stupid and I simply just don't want it turned into a shit fest like Garfield or Inspector Gadget.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2015

I'd definitely be for a cartoon series that stuck closer to the roots of the comic. I also wouldn't mind the duo seeing some more popularity, as that would result in there being more Sam & Max media than before, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Steve Purcell has always retained the rights to the characters, and has continued to do so even when he licensed the series out (to LucasArts, Nelvana, and Telltale Games). So, even if the duo does become popular, there is very little chance that they'll be used in something that will go against the spirit of the characters, as Steve Purcell will always be the deciding factor as to how and where Sam & Max end up.

• Really? Oh thank god! Then I can look at this more positively! The thing is that he's pretty busy with Pixar and Disney at the moment though.

Jennifer posted: »

I'd definitely be for a cartoon series that stuck closer to the roots of the comic. I also wouldn't mind the duo seeing some more popularit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.