Cotter and Finn to North Grove

Do you think you could bring them both I want to, it might be a choice to bring Finn, it's always good to have backup and I (kind of) trust them

Comments

• You may be given the choice of bringing Finn with you, or both will go no matter what.

• edited April 2015

Oh God, I hope this won't turn into the same situation as Kenny vs. Jane on the forums!

• I hope we can bring both of them. My Gared is friends with the both of them, and they're somewhat friends with each other now. I think we'll need to see what the whole thing with Finn seeing Gared kill Britt will do to their friendship.

• I want to bring all three. I mean, their banter is funny. They are a nice little trio. I want more mammoth loss dialogue.

• I want to bring both, though I don't think that's gonna work out. I need Cotter because of his knowledge of the area, yet I'm still worried that he's gonna backstab me when we're actually at the North Grove. Whereas with Finn, he may be a dick at times but if you actually get to become his friend he'll have your back. Not exactly the best kind of friend you want, but one nevertheless.

If it comes down to it though, I'll take Cotter

• I want both. They're hilarious. I mean like really.

They kind of remind me of Russell and Nate.

• Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about the situation. I think, if you can keep Finn on your side even after killing Britt, he'll be more loyal than Cotter. But then again Cotter could prove more useful, and in the end I'm in this to find the North Grove and help the Forresters, so I'd probably take Cotter too.

I want to bring both, though I don't think that's gonna work out. I need Cotter because of his knowledge of the area, yet I'm still worried

• edited April 2015

Yeah, I think the Britt situation is a big one. After seeing the fight, Finn probably is starting to realize Gared isn't exactly a joke and starts to respect him more. And like you said, the whether or not he doesn't snitch after that is a great test of loyalty.

Cotter is the bigger asset to Ironrath though, so yeah I'm gonna take him if it comes down to it. I'm still gonna sleep with one eye open though :P

LoseMyHome posted: »

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about the situation. I think, if you can keep Finn on your side even after killing Britt, he'll be more l

• I don't want their company. I don't even want Gared to leave the Wall after he said his vows.

• Fuck the North Grove and the Wall... Gared, Finn and Cotter need to get some potatoes and have a real fun time!

Alt text

• Finn ratted you out,do you think he still want to go with Gared? Cotter is the only one who are totally willing to help you.

• We don't REALLY know that but we can just assume this because they know

Herodriver posted: »

Finn ratted you out,do you think he still want to go with Gared? Cotter is the only one who are totally willing to help you.

• Who else could've seen us killing Britt?

TJP623 posted: »

We don't REALLY know that but we can just assume this because they know

• Well people could have seen his body and known that they have bad blood

TheCatWolf posted: »

Who else could've seen us killing Britt?

• Well that would be in a very small percentage of playthroughs, considering the majority either kicked him off the Wall or made him suffer (which results in him falling over either way).

TJP623 posted: »

Well people could have seen his body and known that they have bad blood

• I think the next guy patrolling the wall would notice a corpse at the bottom.

BTW I walked away afterward because I didn't want to fight wight Britt later.

Well that would be in a very small percentage of playthroughs, considering the majority either kicked him off the Wall or made him suffer (which results in him falling over either way).

• It told me that the majority walked away from him, not made him suffer/kicked him off. 52.8% of players left him. These figures are from launch day, but mean that they're also the main playthrough choice for most.

Well that would be in a very small percentage of playthroughs, considering the majority either kicked him off the Wall or made him suffer (which results in him falling over either way).

• I think it varies on platform. On Xbox 360 like 80% of people made him suffer

Lewsblake23 posted: »

It told me that the majority walked away from him, not made him suffer/kicked him off. 52.8% of players left him. These figures are from launch day, but mean that they're also the main playthrough choice for most.

• I'd like to bring both, but I'd be a bit more wary of Finn, since he's presumably seen me murder Britt. That'll have to wait, as I hope him running off isn't a sign he's going to rat us out. Pity, since I had a nice little burgeoning friendship with him in my playthrough.

As for Cotter, I trust him, but still have slight reservations since he is a wildling and he stole my map. However, he trusts Gared enough to reveal that he's one of the free folk, and he looks to be instrumental to finding the North Grove, so I'm on board with him. Judging by the preview, it doesn't look like we have much of a choice with that anyways.

• Oh, well on PC, it's the other way around. That's quite interesting.

I think it varies on platform. On Xbox 360 like 80% of people made him suffer

• Told you

• I lost the saves from my game and I didn't go back and replay them so I think Finn must have never been my friend because he told Frostfinger he seen the whole fight and that Gared straight up murdered Britt. That was the last I seen of Finn but I think he will show up later.

• I never encountered Finn.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.