Game of thrones (TV show) season 5 episode 1 discussion

13»

Comments

• edited April 2015

Dude, I'm afraid you've missed the point entirely. I didn't complain that I need to see his hairy ass, it bothered me that they only show this side of him and not his side as one of the greatest knights alive at the time.The guy is more than just a naked butt you know!(just kidding..)

As for you question - yes! like 50% of the sex in the show is pointless filler. They cut so much from the books but many of their added scenes are just plain stupid sometimes(and I'm not talking about the sex)...Take the books for example, there aren't that many sex scenes and almost every scene we see in the show happens offscreen and for a good reason. GRRM only writes sex stuff when it matters to the story. We didn't need to see Oberyn in the brothel like 3 times to understand that he's a lustful guy, a small mention from Tyrion and Jaime was more than enough to get it that his bisexual. My main point here is subtle, a word that I believe D&D doesn't know. The beauty of the books is that nothing is thrown in your face, for example the Loras/Renly stuff, the only real hint we got that they were lovers is one quote by Loras that the day Renly was killed he stayed with him to "pray" and we didn't need to read an extended sex scene to understand that they are gay nor did we had to read a cheap sleazy snuff scene with a guy getting his dick cut off(GRRM himself was so disgusted he had to mention that he had nothing to do with the scene in the DVD commentary!).
    Anyway, to cut long story short, for the most part, D&D does uses sex because they can, not because they really need it.

Man, I just read what I wrote and I sound like the biggest douche ever it's actually makes me sick lol...So don't get me wrong here, I love the show and I think it's probably the most ambitious and best shows ever produced all things considered. Everything I've wrote doesn't really bothers me while watching an episode and I enjoy it all the same like the show viewers who haven't read the books, but it's really about them missing the point of the scenes sometimes.

stevean2 posted: »

I dont get you people's issue with a gay guy being gay. Shall we complain about all the other sex scenes in game of thrones? "hey in case yo

• Episode 1 of game is the Red Wedding and episode 3 of the game is the Purple Wedding, those events on the show are a season apart. This definitely shows Mira surviving to the last episode of the game.

Eh, that doesn't really look like Sera to me but I think the Mira one is decently close. I hope it isn't her though, I'm hoping for Mira to get the fuck out of there sooner than later

Sign in to comment in this discussion.