What do Monkey Island fans think , is this a nice thing to say to a woman?

"I would erase Star Wars from time just to spend time with you ." ( Lots of heart went into it . ) I don't even know if she'll be back ... Life life life life life LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE . So what do Monkey Island fans think?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    "hay baby, wanna touch my 3-headed monkey?"
  • edited July 2009
    Um, "Plunder bunny"?
  • edited July 2009
    I knew this thread would deliver.
  • edited July 2009
    Um, "Plunder bunny"?

I'm going to replay Maniac Mansion just because of you, maybe ..most likely not but I might . Is the DOTT Maniac Mansion the same version ? (Their is a computer in Weird Eds room if you use it you can play Maniac Mansion / Same version as original ?)
  • edited July 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    I'm going to replay Maniac Mansion just because of you, maybe ..most likely not but I might . Is the DOTT Maniac Mansion the same version ? (Their is a computer in Weird Eds room if you use it you can play Maniac Mansion / Same version as original ?)
    Actually it loads up a playable beta from Sam and Max Freelance Police.
  • edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Actually it loads up a playable beta from Sam and Max Freelance Police.

You trying to jive or are you serious ? I think for one think MM would make more sense in DOTT . I could almost put money on it that mine plays MM , unless there is more than one computer with games on it in that game.
  • edited July 2009
    You trying to jive or are you serious ? I think for one think MM would make more sense in DOTT . I could almost put money on it that mine plays MM , unless there is more than one computer with games on it in that game.
    No, no you gotta beat Maniac Mansion under three hours and it unlocks the playable Sam and Max Freelance Police beta,
  • edited July 2009
    I'm a horrible person.
  • edited July 2009
    No, no you gotta beat Maniac Mansion under three hours and it unlocks the playable Sam and Max Freelance Police beta,

Ohhh lol . I never did it before . I learned something new about an ancient game , thats refreshing . Thanks . Oh, it's a lie huh ?
  • edited July 2009
    Ohhh lol . I never did it before . I learned something new about an ancient game , thats refreshing . Thanks .
    Nah, you don't need to thank me.

I was just lying after all.
  • edited July 2009
    How about "Those are the second biggest boobs I've ever seen"... naughty.
  • edited July 2009
    :eek:
  • edited July 2009
    "Is that a monkey wrench in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
  • edited July 2009

I don't think saying that to a girl would help...
  • edited July 2009
    My wife and I rip on each other all the time.. name calling is pretty common so you do not always have to be sweet.

My wife wearing my hat
    http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/889/zzz2v.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    "I would erase Star Wars from time just to spend time with you ." ( Lots of heart went into it . ) I don't even know if she'll be back ... Life life life life life LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE . So what do Monkey Island fans think?

The OT, or just the prequels?
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think saying that to a girl would help...
    Are you saying girls aren't good enough to keep monkey wrenches in their pockets or something?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    So did anyone notice that at the start of EMI, Elaine calls Guybrush "my little Snugglecakes?" Did it strike anyone else as weird, given that that's not a nickname for Guybrush, but for Edward 'Snugglecakes' Van Helgen, one of the pirate barbers you meet in Monkey Island 3? Scandal?!?!
  • edited July 2009
    Foreshadowing? :eek:
  • edited July 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    So did anyone notice that at the start of EMI, Elaine calls Guybrush "my little Snugglecakes?" Did it strike anyone else as weird, given that that's not a nickname for Guybrush, but for Edward 'Snugglecakes' Van Helgen, one of the pirate barbers you meet in Monkey Island 3? Scandal?!?!

No, everybody knows that Elaine had a 3-month affair with van Helgen, and that Guybrush's memories have been implanted via voodoo.
  • edited July 2009
    "Ummm...
    Hi!...errr...
    You're the next best thing to the new Monkey Island!
    It's a compliment! Really!"
    *she runs away*
    *sniff*
  • edited July 2009
    Edit: arrrr...
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    My wife and I rip on each other all the time.. name calling is pretty common so you do not always have to be sweet.

My wife wearing my hat

your indiana jones???? :eek:
    :D
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »

My wife wearing my hat

To me, this seemed like here's my comment regarding this topic......

Oh, and here's a picture of my wife wearing a hat! :D
  • edited July 2009
    That imaginary Monkey Island 5 game must've been brutal.
  • edited July 2009

Well.... Maybe a - NO, MARDUK, DON'T GO THERE!!
  • edited July 2009
    harlequ1n wrote: »
    How about "Those are the second biggest boobs I've ever seen"... naughty.
    I think you're referring to those... :)

np: Jared Emerson-Johnson - T.H.E.M. (Sam & Max Season Two OST (Disc 1))
  • edited July 2009
    Get a clue. Just talk to a woman as though she was another human being.
  • edited July 2009
    KB57 wrote: »

ewwww
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah! you run a serious risk of contracting Acute viral Cootyngitis more commonly known as Cooties.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm starting to suspect the female population of this forum is a bit on the low side...

I'm a girl, by the way.
  • edited July 2009

I though Elaine's dialog in EfMI was pretty poor throughout to be honest, what little of it there was. I'm glad that Telltale will finally banish that game once and for all - for me anyway. :D
  • edited July 2009
    KB57 wrote: »

EVeryone here we got an expert on women ! HAHAHA HOHOHOH! From y personal experience HOWEVER women like a guy with a sense of humor and she knows how much I love Star Wars.
  • edited July 2009
    Jexxer wrote: »
    I'm starting to suspect the female population of this forum is a bit on the low side...

I'm a girl, by the way.
    Me too, on both things you said.
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    "Baby, I wish I was your derivative so I could be tangent to your curves."

Am I doin' it right?
  • edited July 2009
    EVeryone here we got an expert on women ! HAHAHA HOHOHOH! From y personal experience HOWEVER women like a guy with a sense of humor and she knows how much I love Star Wars.

Women do like a guy with a sense of humor.... but they don't like geeky nerds. It's one thing if your not being serious when you say it.... it's quite another if that is being used in a way to get her to "come back" or something.

One would imagine something more along the lines of "Hey babe, I'm sorry" would do much better than I'll erase Star Wars for you.

Just sayin'
  • edited July 2009
    But some girls do go for the geeky nerds. I myself am one of them (as long as we're geeking out over the same things, that it).
  • edited July 2009
    Jexxer wrote: »
    But some girls do go for the geeky nerds. I myself am one of them (as long as we're geeking out over the same things, that is).

same here. I mean, if I weren't a geek, then I wouldn't be on this forum trying to keep myself from hyperventilating about TMI coming out next week (eeeeeee!). Therefore, I prefer to talk to people who won't look at me strange when I talk about things like that.
  • edited July 2009
    If there weren't girls who liked the nerds, I wouldn't stand a chance.

And the only MI related pick up line I can think up off the top of my head is "Hey, can I use the skeleton arm with you?"
  • edited July 2009
    Laokin wrote: »
    Women do like a guy with a sense of humor.... but they don't like geeky nerds.
    Women are people just like men and have individual tastes.

Personally, I love geeky nerds. I am a geeky nerd.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.