Eventually released on Wii Disc?

My apologies if this has already been answered.

Is there any indication that Tales of Monkey Island will eventually be released on a disc for Wii just like Sam and Max Season 1 was? I would rather own it like that so I hope this is happening eventually!

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    We're focusing on the downloadable season on Telltale's site and WiiWare right now. As evidenced from Sam & Max, we also like taking our games to retail after they're done with their downloadable run, but any talk of that nature is still a ways off!
  • edited July 2009
    Well, you could always get the PC disc for show but play it on your Wii with the downloads :confused:
  • edited July 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    Well, you could always get the PC disc for show but play it on your Wii with the downloads :confused:

but.... then you have to buy it twice, haven't you?
  • edited July 2009
    Well... I already planned on buying it twice ;D
  • edited July 2009
    Well... I already planned on buying it twice ;D

Haha, me too. If there's ever a wii version on disc, I'll be buying that, even though I already ordered the download.
  • edited July 2009
    I have already pre-ordered the PC version but I will most definitely buy the inevitable XBLA release ;)
  • edited July 2009
    I have already pre-ordered the PC version but I will most definitely buy the inevitable XBLA release ;)

This. As I own a Wii but hate its limitations.
  • edited July 2009
    thin029 wrote: »
    This. As I own a Wii but hate its limitations.

Sometimes I forget I even have a Wii :P
  • edited July 2009

Me too, mine has spider webs all around it
  • edited July 2009

:eek:

" You both have the tastes of a beggar! "
  • edited July 2009

:eek:

I'm so glad I gave mine to my mam for the time being, I don't need another reason to not play on it.

*shudder* damn spiders
    " You both have the tastes of a beggar! "
    They wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with Wii.
  • edited July 2009
    Marill wrote: »
    they wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with wii.

Eh eh eh :D :D :D
  • edited July 2009
    Marill wrote: »
    They wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with Wii.

Oh dear, that was soo bad XD
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    GozzoMan wrote: »
    Eh eh eh :D :D :D

you mean... "Har Har Har!"
  • edited July 2009
    I didn't get it :confused:
  • edited July 2009
    *facepalm* ^^

Somebody else tell him
  • edited July 2009
    The only use I get out of my Wii is Twilight Princess, Brawl, Sam & Max, Metroid Prime 3, Strong Bad, and the rest is homebrew. I actually haven't touched an official game on the Wii besides my recent acquiring of SBCG4AP episode 1 in months. It's been all ScummVM (going through the Monkey Island games with my wife).
  • edited July 2009
    so will TOMI be on wiiware same date as PC version is released does anyone know please?
  • edited July 2009
    This question is getting old. They don't know. It most likely won't be on the same date, though, as Wiiware is released on Mondays in NA and the 7th is a Tuesday.
  • edited July 2009
    This question is getting old. They don't know. It most likely won't be on the same date, though, as Wiiware is released on Mondays in NA and the 7th is a Tuesday.

thanks! and nope aint old, first time i have asked :p
  • edited July 2009
    From the FAQ:
    "As we do with all of our episodic series, we'll put Tales of Monkey Island on a disc after all five episodes have been distributed digitally. This Collector's DVD will be available to season customers for just the cost of shipping."

This is probably wishful thinking, but if I buy the WiiWare releases as they come out, would this count as being a "season customer" to receive the ToMI Collector's DVD (for PC)? :)
  • edited July 2009
    Sorceror wrote: »
    From the FAQ:
    "As we do with all of our episodic series, we'll put Tales of Monkey Island on a disc after all five episodes have been distributed digitally. This Collector's DVD will be available to season customers for just the cost of shipping."

This is probably wishful thinking, but if I buy the WiiWare releases as they come out, would this count as being a "season customer" to receive the ToMI Collector's DVD (for PC)? :)

It won't count, sadly. From my understanding, Telltale has next to no way of accessing knowledge of who's brought the whole season on Wiiware, due to Nintendo being in charge of the order tracking for those purchases. Sorry, man. :(
  • edited July 2009
    It won't count, sadly. From my understanding, Telltale has next to no way of accessing knowledge of who's brought the whole season on Wiiware, due to Nintendo being in charge of the order tracking for those purchases. Sorry, man. :(

Besides that you cannot simply publish a game for a console in self publishing like on the PC, ever console has strict requirements for publishing which also means a check by the console manufacturer and then getting his ok, and giving a share of the income to the manufacturer.
    The PC is the only viable open games platform and always was, self publishing there is a no brainer while you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get a game onto the consoles!
    I am not even sure if you simply can send console able DVDs to customers who bought a game online! After all there is a certain fixed amount of money per disk which has to go to the console manufacturer!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.