I hope this is the start of them making e10+ rated games again

I really like TellTale in their e10+ rated games. Sam and max was awesome!,Tales from monkey island was one of their best games and you cant forget Strong bad's cool game for attractive people (Sorry if some of these are T and not e10+ don't correct me please) . All these games were amazingly awesome! Some people been saying that TellTale wont be good at making a game for kids/teens but people don't realize that, that's well telltale started out doing! Making games for Teens/kids. So we need to stop being so negative about this game and wait for it. Hell, it might be good

EDIT: I like TellTales M rated games too just saying

Comments

• Well minecraft is for kids so Im guessing this game will be fore kids

• Cartoon violence usually gets a lower rating.

• edited April 2015

Yeah it should be interesting to see them writing for a younger demographic again like Bone compared to their much recently adult oriented stories like Tales From The Borderlands.

• All of them violent things you just described are pretty toned-down in Minecraft, though. Animal slaughter literally is just batting an animal a few times until they fall onto their side and vanish.

• Well, Considering their Work on TWD: S3, and many more games, I'm not sure they're COMPLETELY going back, But maybe there's hope for another sam and max game! :D

• another sam and max game

Alt text

Well, Considering their Work on TWD: S3, and many more games, I'm not sure they're COMPLETELY going back, But maybe there's hope for another sam and max game!

• I'm hoping for an equal balance. I know they used to make all comedic games, but it wouldn't be fair to their newer fans either who got into Telltale because of their darker games.

• NEVER! Sam and Max DESERVE a New Game!

another sam and max game

• We just have to face the flowers and deal with the fact we will never get a new sam and max game

NEVER! Sam and Max DESERVE a New Game!

• Alt text

We just have to face the flowers and deal with the fact we will never get a new sam and max game

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2015

They've always had a combination of dark, serious games and comedic games. Before the success of The Walking Dead, they had CSI and Law and Order. There were years where they just had comedic without the dark, serious games (2005, 2008) and times where they had just dark, serious games without the comedy (2012), but most of the time, they had both.

Family friendly comedy, on the other hand, hasn't been tackled by Telltale since 2011. It will definitely be nice to see them go back to that. I really like Tales from the Borderlands, but it is nice to see that they're still interested in going after licenses that only have violence of the cartoon variety.

I'm hoping for an equal balance. I know they used to make all comedic games, but it wouldn't be fair to their newer fans either who got into Telltale because of their darker games.

• versacebabeversacebabe Banned
    edited April 2015

Not so fast there, chicken little.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/telltale-games-talks-star-wars-dream-ip-and-its-future

"We love Sam & Max and certainly haven't forgotten about them! I think you'll see something smaller (more like Poker) than a full Season, and probably not for a bit, but we have NOT forgotten about them, we've just been super busy growing like crazy."

• THANK YOU RANDOM INTERNET DUDE! NOW I CAN REST EASY KNOWING TELLTALE ISN'T GONNA FORGET THEM!

:D

versacebabe posted: »

Not so fast there, chicken little. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/telltale-games-talks-star-wars-dream-ip-and-its-future "We l

• Okay, that was actually funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX-dF-IxZxU

• Also, on the suggested videos after the video. I only see "Captain Flare Gun"s channel on the videos... are you, captain flare gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX-dF-IxZxU

• Assuming you mean The Walking Dead since that's the only game that came from Telltale that year that I am aware of.

I believe "Telltale Games Poker 2" came out the same as well?

• no

Also, on the suggested videos after the video. I only see "Captain Flare Gun"s channel on the videos... are you, captain flare gun?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2015

Poker Night 2 came out in 2013, not 2012.

However, Law and Order: Legacies (another kind of dark game) did conclude in 2012, having premiered late 2011.

Assuming you mean The Walking Dead since that's the only game that came from Telltale that year that I am aware of. I believe "Telltale Games Poker 2" came out the same as well?

• xoxo

THANK YOU RANDOM INTERNET DUDE! NOW I CAN REST EASY KNOWING TELLTALE ISN'T GONNA FORGET THEM!

• Oh, Thanks for telling me!

Poker Night 2 came out in 2013, not 2012. However, Law and Order: Legacies (another kind of dark game) did conclude in 2012, having premiered late 2011.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2015

Yeah, The Walking Dead definitely has their moments of humor. Most dark, serious material has moments of light to release the tension (even CSI and Law and Order have their moments), but it definitely couldn't be classified as a comedy (or even a dark comedy). It's definitely a dark themed drama.

Tales from the Borderlands is definitely comedy though, and I really like seeing Telltale going back to an entire season of comedy. 2012 just had The Walking Dead and Law & Order Legacies. 2013 just had The Walking Dead: 400 Days, the first episodes of The Walking Dead Season Two and The Wolf Among Us. It also had Poker Night 2, which definitely was a comedy, but it was a single episode Pilot Program game, not a whole season. Telltale definitely can handle comedy and drama equally as well. It's even nicer in my opinion that they're aiming for a family friendly comedy (presumably, judging from the Mojang teaser that went along with the announcement) with Minecraft: Story Mode. Telltale also can do family friendly comedy just as well as dark comedy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.