Can I still play even if I havent watched game of thrones?

Comments

• Yes, it will spoil some parts of the show, but you are not required to watch it in order to play.

• Some parts will definitely go over your head, but I'd imagine it can still be enjoyed by others. I only watched a few episodes of the first Season, and I think I have an alright understanding. A lot of users here made some cool threads that summarize the Game of Thrones lore and how Telltale's game fits in (which is quite impressive, given how big the universe seems to be).

• edited April 2015

I played Game of Thrones before I watched the show, and then I watched the show.

Ultimately, it will be much easier to work with the characters and the world and the lore if you have some previous understanding behind it to help you make more educated decisions. This especially goes for playable characters Mira and Gared, who have constant interaction with show characters and events. But since it's also its own branch of the story, it's still easy to follow along in that regard. If you don't care that things will be spoiled for you, and you can quickly learn names, it isn't too much of a barrier.

• I wouldnt recommend it without watching/reading

• I'd at least watch or read season one first.

• You can but you won't get the full experience/enjoy it as much in contrast to if you have knowledge of the show/books.

• It's a great stand-alone story so far, but watching the show/reading the books gives you context and background that really frame how impactful the decisions you make are going to be. Knowing the background also helps you understand why certain characters act the way they do given family ties, social standing, gender, etc.

One complaint I hear from people who just watch the show is that there are a ton of characters and it's hard to keep all lore in mind -- both things that are imo some of the real strengths of the series. If you have the time I'd recommend watching the show and, if GRRM's writing is to your taste, read/listen to the books. If you like lore, world building, and dimensional characters it's a series worth checking out!

• Would not recommend.

• Yep, but, it helps to watch the show or read the books, to get some understanding about the locations and characters, etc.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.