What are your thoughts on Lady Margaery?

2»

Comments

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited May 2015

Well, she's been feeding the poor for once (which I know is just to gain the people's support, but it's really a big step if you look at every other ruler before her), while she wants to be the queen, I'm pretty sure she has the people's interest in mind, and that that is part of why she wants to be in power, because she knows everyone else are tyrants. There definitely is scheming going on, but I don't think it is bad scheming. I think she does charitable acts with a purpose, but that purpose is to benefit both her and the public.

she is shown to genuinely have a good heart, compassion, and empathy. When in the show? She may be better than some but I cant remember her doing anything that good willed in the show

• Still while I said before she is nicer than most rulers the people are still second to her, power is first.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Well, she's been feeding the poor for once (which I know is just to gain the people's support, but it's really a big step if you look at eve

• edited May 2015

As you just wrote yourself, she fed the poor to gain the common folks support.
    She was also nice to Sansa as long she believed the girl may become the queen & was the potential heir to the North, pure planning and strategy there.

It doesn't show if she has genuine good heart or compassion, but it does show she is emphatic enough to play the game of thrones quite well. She's also quite quick to swap potential husbands/kings, this fact is I believe saying more of her own agenda than anything nice she may have done.

Well, she's been feeding the poor for once (which I know is just to gain the people's support, but it's really a big step if you look at eve

• In her mind you wanted a royal decree, which she would rather arrange for you herself.

Why would she think I distrust her? After all, it is Tyrion that approached me (and she told that to Margery, yet she didn't really give a s

• I haven't watched the show or read the books, so my opinion is solely based on her portrayal in the game. I really like her, I can understand her being so reluctant to help, her image is more important, considering I'm serving her, not the other way around. I was surprised at her anger at us, but I just want to be friends with her again so I hope we can smooth things over.

• after episode 3 i hate her

• I like her better than Show Margaery, who just seems like a conniving brat. Game Margaery seems more pensive and watchful.

• insert "Sandor Clegane" insult here

• Technically Mira went out of her jurisdiction and met with Tyrion. Margaery should be mad but shutting out Mira, I believe, leads her to be more active in helping her family. It seems like all actions come to the same conclusion which is stupid.

• I'm in trouble now as from Season 3 with her due to trying to save my family whilst in King's Landing.

• Honestly I don't have that much of a problem with Margery since what I did up till that point really strained her trust for me. Personally, now I'm more focused on helping the family more than regaining Margery's trust.

I will critique and say that as someone who watched up till Season 3 of the show (I'm still waiting on Season 4 access), I found Margery to be a little harsher than usual. Minor distraction though, since she was still expertly portrayed in the video game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.