Game of thrones season 5 episode 5 review

2»

Comments

• yeah and it makes Dorne look small af compared to every other place lol

Can't go confusing the casual fans now, can we?

• I doubt that we won't see the battle of Winterfell which won't even be a battle because of Sansa and Melisandre.

i feel like the season will end on a cliffhanger/set up to the battle of winterfell, and season 6 will open with the battle

• edited May 2015

Meereen: I think Dany has guessed that Hizdahr is tied to the Sons of the Harpy in some way, judging by her reaction when he wasn't afraid of becoming dragon chow. The marriage is probably her attempt to deal with the attacks.

The Wall: Stannis has dragonglass back at dragonstone, which I don't think is mentioned in the books. Could be a nice hint for future plotlines in asoiaf.

Winterfell: I was worried they were gonna have Ramsey get fooled by Sansa, but it looks like they're handling it okay. I facepalmed when she went into the kennels alone.

Valyria: Jorah noooo. I think the Red Priest solution would be kind of a copout, unless they bring Beric Dondarrion back into it (which seems unlikely).

• Damn, Jorah is the unluckiest character in the history of fiction. Really hoping he survives without major damage, he's one of my favorite characters.

• Don't read if you haven't read the books. Seriously. HUGE massive spoilers : So this is game changing... GAME OF THRONES changing even.

The prevalent theory is that when Jon Snow is murdered by the watch, Melissandre will revive him with a phoenix down or something, and he will take conscience of his Targaryen blood and march to King's Landing to be a head of Azhor Ahai.

But in the show, Melissandre has gone south with Stannis so... Keith Harrington character is dead for good? No ressurrection Bandarrion style? This might be the biggest spoiler so far for the book readers.

• Why Sansa no love Ramsay xc

• Simple: Mel realizes that Jon is AA (looking at fire), abandons Stan (leaving him in trouble) and returns to Castle Black (to find Jon murdered). That way the show makes it clear to show-only people that Melisandre has switched from Stannis to Jon. Well, that's what I expect to happen at least.

• edited May 2015

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at some point in the books that there is obsidian at DS.

ranger563 posted: »

Meereen: I think Dany has guessed that Hizdahr is tied to the Sons of the Harpy in some way, judging by her reaction when he wasn't afraid o

• I like that theory, i wonder if she'll take Shireen and burn her to resurrect Jon :( Ive seen people theorise that Jon dies at Hardhome and gets taken away/resurrected by the Others but i dont see that happening. Surely it'll happen at Castle Black involving Bowen Marsh who finally had some lines in episode 5, along with that little brat Olly and maybe even Dolorous Edd. I can see Edd giving him the final blow while crying...and "for the watch"

Simple: Mel realizes that Jon is AA (looking at fire), abandons Stan (leaving him in trouble) and returns to Castle Black (to find Jon murde

• Wasn't my favorite episode, but it was still a good one none the less. I am surprised that a lot of people I know where cheering when the dragons ate that poor guy, I sat there knowing full well that wasn't good. Burning someone alive that MIGHT be guilty of doing something, or might be innocent, I wonder where I heard that before... I have a theory here, that the apple didn't fall very far from the tree. I say Dany is more like the Mad King they most people would want to admit, and then there is the Targaryan Madness aspect we need to bring up. I read about that roughly two weeks ago, and it scares me so much. Mad King Aerys II was a smart man when he was roughly her age, but it didn't last. By the time he was 30, he was hearing voices in his head, what is stopping this from happening to Dany down the road? Nothing, there is nothing, it truly is only a coin flip that decides it, maybe never, maybe soon. That little incident with the dragon I feel is just another small hint that things might not turn out well for Westeros is she sits the Iron Throne.

• Oh, and Jorah Mormont is more then likely dead, sad to say, there is no real cure for Greyscale, and I don't think GOT will just cop out and let a red priest fix it, this show rarely if ever cops out. It completely sucks, but we have to deal with it, I for one hate it because he was one of my favorite characters in the Essos storyline, along with old man Barristan. I don't like Daenerys all that much, so I really got shafted this season, but what can you do?

• Stannis should have given a speech on the wall to show his support of Jon's plans.
    • I like that Sansa isn't the "Dark Sansa" people want her to be. She's fine, she's not a transformer.
    • "Kill the child" would have been a better title.
    • The dinner with the Boltons felt like a scene in a wacky sitcom. I was waiting for the laugh track.
    • I hoped they had Nymeria in the kennels instead of Theon.
    • I liked how Sansa was armed with a Mini-Needle.
    • I liked the scenery and the poetry slam in Valyria. Way too much shaky cam and cuts in the fighting scene.
    • Greyscale symptoms showing soo soon? Hm.
    • Drogon looked strange and skinny. Like the beasts the Nazgul are riding on.
    • I hope this was the last we've seen from Greyworm/Missandei.
    • Give Brienne something to do or write her out.
    • Bring in Asha and Balon.
  • Its Dany so she gets a free pass

Wasn't my favorite episode, but it was still a good one none the less. I am surprised that a lot of people I know where cheering when the d

• I agree about the last two points incredibly

rousseau posted: »

* Stannis should have given a speech on the wall to show his support of Jon's plans. * I like that Sansa isn't the "Dark Sansa" people want

• As terrible as it was Danaerys needed to show that she wasn't messing around and was to be taken seriously. I agree that she has the potential to become like Aerys but she won't in my opinion she may get close but she'll pull back.

Wasn't my favorite episode, but it was still a good one none the less. I am surprised that a lot of people I know where cheering when the d

• The fact that Balon is still alive must appear strange in the eyes of people who don't read the books. Melisandre's ritual with the royal blood must begin to seem like cheap hocus-pocus and Joffrey's and Robb's death like co-incidences. I do believe Melisandre has foreseen the three deaths would happen and deceived Stannis with the ritual, but Balon should be long dead and Stannis doesn't seem to care or start to mistrust her.

I agree about the last two points incredibly

• Yup...Why didn't Stannis already point out that Melisandre's magic doesn't work?

What's up with the Ironborn in Deepwood Motte, we know that in season 2 Asha(sorry...Yara) took the castle but still nobody brought it in up in 5 episodes

If Tommen is an adult in the show why is Cercei still in charge? she's got zero authority

How the hell is Littlefigner teleporting all around Westeros??

Alt text

• do you mean Yara?

* Stannis should have given a speech on the wall to show his support of Jon's plans. * I like that Sansa isn't the "Dark Sansa" people want

• I don't call her Yara, but yes.

pcharl01 posted: »

do you mean Yara?

• edited May 2015

I don't think Tommen is an adult now, which is one reason Cersei can "rule" without his presence. I forget who is the Hand of the King now but there must not be any. If I remember Tommen's uncle in episode 1 was named Hand but did not like Cersei being the one who named him and bounced back to the Rock.

Upshaw posted: »

Yup...Why didn't Stannis already point out that Melisandre's magic doesn't work? What's up with the Ironborn in Deepwood Motte, we know t

• edited May 2015

Tommen certainly isn't an adult, but no Kevan was not named Hand, he was named Master of War.

Myself I wouldn't say the ironborns are a plot hole before the story is told and we know if it's left as a loose end, and the same goes for Rickon&Osha. But hey, always have to hate something!

pcharl01 posted: »

I don't think Tommen is an adult now, which is one reason Cersei can "rule" without his presence. I forget who is the Hand of the King now

• Stannis the grammar nazi is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0wj38qTtFU

• Im so upset about that. I love Jorah and his scene with Tyrion were great.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Man I don't want Jorah to die. He and Tyrion just started to bond.

• I thought that location was beutiful. Im happy to dispense with all the cgi what you describe would entail.

It was pretty obvious for book readers since episode 1 that all that Greyscale build up was for that scene and that Jorah would get the JC t

• You kinda missed the point there. They should have never shown Old Valyria in the show simply because it's one of the biggest mysteries of the story, if the Smoking Sea is really just some foggy river then why there are no treasure hunters don't all over the place? there are tons of things there to scavenge but no one has ever ventured in and lived.
    Now I'm fine with them combining the Sorrows with Valyria for story sake but what lord would spend countless gold to send stonemen so far away from civilization? who sends them food if everyone fears the place?

If the curse of Valyria is only a legend where is Gerion Lannister?? now that's the biggest question

And you're right, the scene was awesome and had an eerie vibe to it, I just said that the idea is wrong

KCohere posted: »

I thought that location was beutiful. Im happy to dispense with all the cgi what you describe would entail.

• lmfao xD

Pipas posted: »

Stannis the grammar nazi is back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0wj38qTtFU

• A very good episode. I'm really enjoying this season so far.

• They were not in Sunspear.

It should be called Sunspear, but at least they added it I suppose.

• I guess that is kind of a specialized complaint for people who remember all of that about the Smoking Sea. I certainly did not, so i dont think it was ruined in the sense that it wasnt that important to the story theyre telling.

You kinda missed the point there. They should have never shown Old Valyria in the show simply because it's one of the biggest mysteries of t

• I was thinking Mad King too. She definitely has her moments but people like Barristan pulled her back. Now she has free reign. I know she had to show she wasnt messing around in some way but she seemed to enjoy feeding people to her dragons a little too much, and guess what, they now have the taste for human flesh. That wont cause problems in the future, lol

• Brienne is doing something. She was doing not much at all in the books. Shes biding her time right now, i dont know what else she can do. As for the Greyjoys, escept for Theon, i think theyre most likely the ones written out, which im completely fine with.

• Considering the half man is still alive, won't the Bolton-stark Union be null and void once he's back in Westeros.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.