Advice needed on how to tweak controls

With no visible mouse cursor, this game is extremely difficult to control for the 'action' sequences - frustrating to the point of giving up. Has anyone had success tweaking the settings, or is there a cntrl-hack that will make the mouse visible during play? I made the mistake of buying 3 episodes before trying it out, and now I feel the game is unplayable.

Comments

• The game is extremely simple to play. I play on a laptop with a touch pad and no mouse at all. Also play on android and iOS and never had a problem. Just follow the onscreen instructions

• edited May 2015

...I have no idea how someone can struggle with a TELLTALE action sequence. Like, they're the most simple controls known to gaming. It's like, deadly simple. Perhaps you could look up some a video of one in progress online?

• You don't need a mouse for the action sequences.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yeah, you don't use your mouse, you use WASD on the keyboard unless you have to click on something during an action sequence.

• Asher's first fight sequence was buggy for a lot of people, but the game has run pretty smoothly after that so far.
    Like dojo said just use WASD/arrow keys to move around and click when needed, and you should be fine, otherwise you might have an issue with your mouse connection/sensitivity-wise.

• edited May 2015

Personally I don't play a lot of games anymore these days... but I'm always waiting for Telltale Games. That said, they seem to be gradually increasing the minimum specs for every game. I could run TWAU and TWD S1 just fine with a little bit of glitchyness here and there... but TFTBL and GoT are by far more straining on my PC,

That said, I'm certainly not running a "wooden computer," and I have similar problems with the action sequences that I never had before in previous Telltale Games. Just as an example, I was able to play the entirety of TWAU without having to retry a scene once.

Yet in GoT, the scene with Gared training at the wall, Asher and Beskha fighting the soldiers, Gared fighting the Whitehill soldiers, etc. I had to replay SEVERAL times due to lag. That said, I don't think it's so much lack of skill as it is glitchy/laggy gameplay.

My general specs are:

• Windows 7 Home Premium
    • AMD Athlon II X2 240 Processor 2.8GHz
    • 5.00 GB RAM
    • ATI Radeon 3000 graphics

Now don't get me wrong, I know this isn't anywhere near a "gaming computer" but I didn't think it was THAT bad, and Telltale has been known for having games that run on low end PC's.

While I love Telltale, it would seem a bit much to buy a gaming PC or a console JUST to play their games. That said, I think this is the problem most people are having. Telltale games either aren't very low end PC friendly anymore or they're simply not very optimized for the wide variety of computers out there.

To the OP: Perhaps something that could help(I just painfully fought my way through the scenes multiple times until I got it right) would be an FPS booster of some sort? Something to optimize performance and reduce graphics quality? Otherwise, I'd recommend you just keep on trying. I found that plugging a 360 controller in made the action sequences a little bit easier. You can go buy a wired one at a pawn shop for like 5 dollars.

• I'm fairly certain there is some kind of cursor when you are reaching for something. I don't think any of the other sequences require a mouse.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.