Main theme

edited September 2006 in Sam & Max
Will it be the same of HTR's? I liked that theme!

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Uh, you mean the main theme song right? Sorry, it's just kind of not quite finished question like: What is delicious? (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/07/12)
    Sam and Max had a main theme? All I remember is listening to 100's (okay, possible exaggeration) of exceedingly catchy MIDI bleeps and bloops. Judging from the fact that they mostly changed the music depending on where you were in the game, I'm going to doubt it. I reckon there'll be new music for these new games.
  • edited September 2006
    Don't you like HTR's soundtracks?
    Anyway, Monkey Island's main theme song has been brought to new life, and it was just a "bleep bloop" midi, as you say :). But it's famous now, you can't make a sequel without using that theme.
    I know McConnell and Land didn't work for S&M ep.1, and I liked every Bone music. I just wonder if AT LEAST Hit The Road's main theme will still be used.

p.s. funny link :))
  • edited September 2006
    I'm not sure they would be allowed to re-use the main theme..
  • edited September 2006
    Check out this from an interview with Telltale's composer, Jared Emerson-Johnson:

I loved hearing the Sam & Max theme tune at the end of the trailer. Will any other tunes from Hit the Road be coming back for the episodes?

Lucasarts still owns all of the original music for Hit The Road, and Telltale's Sam and Max series is definitely blazing new ground for the characters and their universe. Keep your ears open, though. There will definitely be a few nods.

So it may pop in some form in the game. I have to say though, I really don't consider what plays over Hit the Road's opening credits to be "The Sam & Max theme" so much as, well, the Hit the Road opening titles theme. I don't remember the ingame music pulling from it (am I wrong?). It's not like the Monkey Island theme. Does Sam & Max really have a one theme song?
  • edited September 2006
    Hey, thanks for the info, you guys from mixnmojo rule :)
    Well, I don't know if we can consider it as an OFFICIAL Sam & Max theme, anyway.
    I simply loved the opening credits theme tune, I often listen to it to cheer me up. Dunno what to think.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    The music is all new. Nothing has been taken from Hit the Road.

That said, a lot of it is in the same style as Hit the Road.
  • edited September 2006
    Good to know!
    Thanks for your reply, Emily :)
  • edited September 2006
    I noticed that, in the background music to the E3 trailer, there's a very definate nod to the "Pleasantly Understated Credit Sequence" song from HTR, but it's fairly subtle.
  • edited September 2006
    The music is all new. Nothing has been taken from Hit the Road.

That said, a lot of it is in the same style as Hit the Road.

That makes sense. The jazzy film noir flavor that Hit the Road introduced is what I think of when I think of Sam & Max music, and it sounds like for the New York locale Telltale is staying faithful to that style. But once Hit the Road went into crazy new locations the music got appropriately diverse and crazy to reflect the diverse and crazy environments. It should be the same way with these new games.
  • edited September 2006
    Right. I've got a good omen about this, I'm just not worried.
    That's because I liked every Bone song.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Though you can't hear the main theme in any of them, if you turn up your speakers you can hear some bits of the music from Bosco's, from their office, and from the driving sequences in the gameplay videos we recently posted.
  • edited September 2006
    Though you can't hear the main theme in any of them, if you turn up your speakers you can hear some bits of the music from Bosco's, from their office, and from the driving sequences in the gameplay videos we recently posted.

I have a feeling that the last one you mentioned is gonna be my favorite track! :D
  • edited September 2006
    how good was the music at the ball of twine tho..yeah i'm hoping for a variety of jazz music for sam and max
  • edited September 2006
    My favourite was the Wack-a-Rat theme...
    Totally jazzy-crazy-frantic-enthusiastic fury. Really good!
  • edited September 2006
    I liked BOSCO'S voice. He's down with the groove.
  • edited September 2006
    Don't forget the cartoon's theme tune as well.

Actually, scratch that - do forget it.
  • edited September 2006
    Don't forget the cartoon's theme tune as well.

Actually, scratch that - do forget it.

:)) :)) :))
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    I liked BOSCO'S voice. He's down with the groove.

That guy is a really good actor.
  • edited September 2006
    I'm afraid to see the recently posted in-game videos...
    I've read it shows a puzzle solution from mixnmojo :(
    I'm dying to see it but I can't...
    It's already a short episode, I don't want it to be even shorter because of a spoiler :((
  • edited September 2006
    [-X Then don't watch, I haven't either.

[[-o<] Curiosity leads to the dark side and all that.

8-} Watch this instead!
  • edited September 2006
    :))
    Looks like stuff made with the help of LSD :))
Sign in to comment in this discussion.