Jurassic Park unable to download?

I purchased Jurassic Park for my 4 year old today and was unable to download it. It's telling me the game is compatible with windows 7 and I have windows 8 on my desktop. Is there a fix? If not, I would like a refund on my purchase.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. You should be able to run the game on Windows 8. Can you please clarify if you see an error message stating the game is incompatible with Windows 8 when you attempt to download the file from our website, or when you attempt to run the setup file on your computer after you have downloaded it? Also, can you please clarify what model desktop computer you are currently using?

If you have successfully downloaded the setup/installer file, you can also try running it in a Compatibility Mode.

• sorry it's taking this long to respond. I tried running it in compatibility mode with no success. I get message "PROGRAM CANT RUN BECAUSE d3dx9.dll IS MISSING FROM YOUR COMPUTER." Ive uninstalled an reinstalled twice. I have a dell inspiron one and was able to install the setup/installer file. There is a component file that I cannot install. Would it be easier if I installed this on my son's Galaxy Tab 2? That is if there is enough space on that device. Im not a big fan of having him on my desktop.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited May 2015

Thank you for providing the extra information. If you are receiving the d3dx9.dll error message, please install and run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to make sure Direct X is auto updated to the latest version, and you should then be able to start the game successfully on your computer.

Unfortunately the PC/Mac version of the game purchased from our website cannot be downloaded and played on mobile devices.

aiden21 posted: »

sorry it's taking this long to respond. I tried running it in compatibility mode with no success. I get message "PROGRAM CANT RUN BECAUSE d3

This discussion has been closed.