Any chance of a demo before the 6th?

I would like to try the demo before the pre-order offer expires. Is that at all possible?

I have every faith in the wonderful people at Telltale, it's my PC that an old clunker :D

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Rasher wrote: »
    I would like to try the demo before the pre-order offer expires. Is that at all possible?

I have every faith in the wonderful people at Telltale, it's my PC that an old clunker :D

What are your specs? I might be able to tell you whether your PC will be able to run the game or not. Also, have you tried playing Wallace and Grommit? If that works, you should have no problem running TMI with it. Note: you might have to turn the graphics quality down a bit, like I had to. There isn't a large significance of graphical change, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
  • edited July 2009
    You also could try a demo of Wallace & Gromit, if it works tales should also work, if not still possible it could work.
  • edited July 2009
    It'll work. If your PC even remotely can play games. If your PC can run Wallace & Gromit, it can run Tales of Monkey Island. ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    My computer just scrapes by with the minimum requirements, but I had no problem playing the Wallace and Grommit demo. This makes me feel a lot happier about Tales of Monkey Island. Not long now!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2009
    My faith in TTG is a little unstable, so a demo is absolutely necessary (controls!!!). Still, I think the pre-order bonus is meant to be for the people with exactly the kind of faith I do not possess, and that means, I'll have to go without.

Demo soon please! ;)
  • edited July 2009
    My faith in TTG is a little unstable, so a demo is absolutely necessary (controls!!!). Still, I think the pre-order bonus is meant to be for the people with exactly the kind of faith I do not possess, and that means, I'll have to go without.

Demo soon please! ;)

I wish more people would do like you so the genre would completely finally die and be left for fans to discuss forever about and make shitty fangames together.
    edited July 2009
    The genre is far from dying, my reasons for prolonged waiting are reasonable although subjective, the discussion about the issue has taken place elsewhere and mostly without me, and the existence of fan-made adventure games actually has no downside for the industry.

You're overreacting. :D
  • edited July 2009
    The genre is far from dying, my reasons for prolonged waiting are reasonable although subjective, the discussion about the issue has taken place elsewhere and mostly without me, and the existence of fan-made adventure games actually has no downside for the industry.

You're overreacting. :D

We've had like one good game produced the last decade and the genre isn't dying? I see reality is eluding you, again.

The controls will be fine if you've read the thread. Mouse only will be a choice.
    edited July 2009
    We've had like one good game produced the last decade and the genre isn't dying? I see reality is eluding you, again.

The controls will be fine if you've read the thread. Mouse only will be a choice.

I hope for the controls to be fine. But one good game in the last DECADE? Who exactly are you speaking to stating that "reality eludes you"? Beginning with my personal favourite, "The longest Journey" in 1999, I've seen lots of high quality adventure games, including two seasons of Sam & Max. Want a list? And, honestly, I won't buy anything of which I can't be sure that it's high quality. Frankly, that's how reality works for me.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    The demo will be released at the same time as the game because the demo is an unlockable version of the game.
    edited July 2009
    Arhhh, so no Purcell cover for me. But that's OK - chances are very high that I'll own the season shortly after the demo. Which might put an end to onlyamonkey's nightmares, also. ;)

I'm not sure if I get this right, though: The scenes of the demo are not an actual part of the game, but they can be unlocked in the full version as an extra? Is that the idea?

And where exactly is the thread that confirms that mouse-only controls are optional?
  • edited July 2009
    Thank you, Jake. I guess hat answers the question and I am going to have make a decision seen.
  • edited July 2009
    As others have suggested, trying one of the Wallace and Gromit demos should serve as a good barometer.
  • edited July 2009
    Ah, that's too bad. I really liked that there was a demo released beforehand for Wallace and Gromit.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm not sure if I get this right, though: The scenes of the demo are not an actual part of the game, but they can be unlocked in the full version as an extra? Is that the idea?

Nope, the demo will probably be the first X minutes of the full game, what he means is that after you get to that point the game will stop and you will be prompted to buy the game/season. When you have, instead of having to download a separate file, you'll be able to use your login data to play it immediately.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Nope, the demo will probably be the first X minutes of the full game, what he means is that after you get to that point the game will stop and you will be prompted to buy the game/season. When you have, instead of having to download a separate file, you'll be able to use your login data to play it immediately.

Correct!
  • edited July 2009
    I wish more people would do like you so the genre would completely finally die and be left for fans to discuss forever about and make shitty fangames together.

I disagree.

How many adventure games have you bothered playing in the last decade? If Plenty of great ones have been made without LUCASARTS or SIERRA.

Stuff like-
    Syberia
    Syberia 2
    The Longest Journey
    Sherlock Holmes The Awakened
    Sherlock Holmes Vs. Arsene Lupin
    So Blonde
    Still Life
    Still Life 2
    Scratches
    Sam and Max: Season 2
    Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People
    Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures
    Broken Sword 2.5 - The Return of the Templars
    Zak McKraken 2 - Beyond Time and Space
    Broken Sword 3
    Penumbra
    Ahnk
    Ahnk 2
    Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine
    Quest For Glory 2 VGA
    Kings Quest 1 VGA
    Kings Quest 2 VGA
    Kings Quest 3 VGA
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2009
    The other thing you should know is that if you pre order it, and it doesn't work upon release the chances are Telltale will refund you.

They're awesome like that.
  • edited July 2009
    I disagree.

How many adventure games have you bothered playing in the last decade? If Plenty of great ones have been made without LUCASARTS or SIERRA.

Stuff like-
    Syberia
    Syberia 2
    The Longest Journey
    Sherlock Holmes The Awakened
    Sherlock Holmes Vs. Arsene Lupin
    So Blonde
    Still Life
    Still Life 2
    Scratches
    Sam and Max: Season 2
    Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People
    Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures
    Broken Sword 2.5 - The Return of the Templars
    Zak McKraken 2 - Beyond Time and Space
    Broken Sword 3
    Penumbra
    Ahnk
    Ahnk 2
    Bioshock
    Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine
    Quest For Glory 2 VGA
    Kings Quest 1 VGA
    Kings Quest 2 VGA
    Kings Quest 3 VGA

Bioshock? That's a (very good) FPS with some RPG elements in it, but not at all an adventure game.
  • edited July 2009
    Bagge wrote: »
    Bioshock? That's a (very good) FPS with some RPG elements in it, but not at all an adventure game.

I consider it one because of the book/movie-like emphasis on story and characters, but I haven't played it so I have no idea how many adventure elements are in it. Nevertheless I removed it from that list.
  • edited July 2009
    I disagree.
    I would like to add "Secret Files: Tunguska", "Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis", "Runaway", "Runaway 2", "Jack Keane" and "Ankh 3"; just to mention a few that immediately came into my mind (all "point&click" by the way ;)). - I am not sure if all of these games have also been released in the US, as all of them have been released by European companies. - And maybe they are more fun to play for us here in Europe then, because they have a certain "European style"). Anyway, after I had lost my interest in adventure games for some years, I am surprised by the huge amount of great (and in the meantime affordable) games available for me to catch up. - Maybe that also explains why I am not that enthusiastic about the ToMI release. ;)
  • edited July 2009

http://www.adventuregamers.com/games.php

There were a load of them especially the last 3-4 years... production mostly moved over to Europe, but some of them are really good. The Ankh series for instance!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.