Your favorite location in the saga?

Mine has to be Scabb Island, especially the town with the rotten ships and the beach with the creepy light-tower. Also liked the music there, the mood was dark and rotten, everything seemed very atmospheric.

Second has to be Blood Island for equal reasons. Loved the Hotel near the graveyard! I almost wondered, why there wasn't a town on Blood Island. Besides the cannibal-town? Who are all those people on the graveyard? Goodsoups?

EDIT: And why does Largo remind me of a little version of Quentin Tarrantino? Never thought about that one?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Blood island, and by far.

The music. The colors. The ambiance there is ... I frequently play CMI just for that part of the game. (I feel like a twit saying this, but I'm not the only to do that, that's pretty sure, so I guess it's ok :D)
  • edited July 2009
    i totally understand the awe for blood island!
  • edited July 2009
    although it is my least favourite game of the series, i'd have to say MI4's Jambalaya Island.
  • edited July 2009
    yes, Scabb & Blood Island are the best!
  • edited July 2009
    I really liked Phatt Island for its bizarre governour and that gambling puzzle :)
  • edited July 2009
    Blood Island.
  • edited July 2009
    Scabb Island for me.
  • edited July 2009
    In MI2, the
    tunnels between Dinky and Monkey.
  • edited July 2009
    Wherever Stan is.
  • edited July 2009
    Melee Island and being in the boat. Melee always captures the pirate feeling too good, especially in MI1.

Also the parts where i mostly end up feeling a good capn, is when im commanding a boat in MI 1, MI3, and MI 4 had something of it. I wish there where more boat trips on monkey island game where the story would develop on the sea.
  • edited July 2009
    And why does Largo remind me of a little version of Quentin Tarrantino? Never thought about that one?

actually, he is more of a Tim Roth to me, especially in his role as a villain in The Musketeer

As for Islands, beside those often mentioned as best i'd like to point to some underdog like Lucre Island which has a nice mediterraean feeling to it, and some great characters like a stick maker
    Everlast wrote: »
    and being in the boat

absolutely. boat scenes were always great and really help in change of dynamics and add to the epic adventurous atmosphere
  • edited July 2009
    scabb island. everything about it really sets the mood.
  • edited July 2009
    My fav of them all would be Scabb, perfect starting island. My least favourite would be Monkey Island™ as it was so hard to navigate.
  • edited July 2009
    A lot of love for Melee Island, but I'm also going to go with Scabb. Just.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, Monkey Island in fourth game is actually not bad presented but hard to navigate, especially because of the volcano part where u can't cross it quickly
  • edited July 2009
    Everlast wrote: »
    Also the parts where i mostly end up feeling a good capn, is when im commanding a boat in MI 1, MI3, and MI 4 had something of it.

In MI4 it got to the point where Gutbrush was even mocked by the ship, that isn't really fun :p I like it in Curse, just being on the ship with that Music as Haggis checks the Map and Van Helgan swings around, I wonder where Bill is during those times? And actually doing that Captain like thing of controlling the ship and telling the crew where to go. Ahh Haggis, Van Helgan and Bill, the only crew who actually worked with Guybrush!!

I'll throw a Vote to Blood Island and Scabb Island as well as Plunder Island and for some reason I just liked how "modern*" and strict Phatt Island was in MI2.

*= Before Escape went OTT with making the Islands modern resorts.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.