Best Deal?

Hey guys, and sorry if there is a thread like this already but I couldn't find one. I just recently came back to the Telltale forums in anticipation for the new Monkey Island episodic adventures. I'm thinking about pre-ordering for the extra goodies but was just wondering if this was the best deal you can get or will there be better deals upon release of the complete season. Is there anything that packages it with the new Secret Of Monkey Island remake? On a side note It's going to be hard to only get an episode per month. Not that I'm not familiar to it since I've played Sam and Max 1&2, but I got both of them when the season was finished, so I got instant gratification with all the episodes at my fingertips:). I can't wait to play it!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Based on past Telltale releases, the complete series will cost the same (34.95) after release so the best deal is to buy now. Steve Purcell artwork makes it worthwhile :)

Doubt there will be a package including SMI:SE as Lucasarts are selling that through Steam
  • edited July 2009
    If you can't wait to play it I would suggest preordering...
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for the info :)
    If you can't wait to play it I would suggest preordering...

I was just saying its going to be tough going episode by episode, but I think I'm pre-ordering anyway.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    tmsmyth4 wrote: »
    Based on past Telltale releases, the complete series will cost the same (34.95) after release so the best deal is to buy now. Steve Purcell artwork makes it worthwhile :)

Not to forget the free Episode. I intend to use that on Sam & Max Season 3.
  • edited July 2009
    Just wondering, does anyone know what the shipping cost is when you get the DVD at the end of the series for the US?
  • edited July 2009
    Lucasarts are selling that through Steam

Just to be clear. I don't think that has been confirmed. There's been plenty of speculation, but I don't think LucasArts has said how the game will be sold yet.

If I'm wrong, someone give me a link, because I can't find anything that specifies that it will be sold on Steam.
  • edited July 2009
    Thespis wrote: »
    Just to be clear. I don't think that has been confirmed. There's been plenty of speculation, but I don't think LucasArts has said how the game will be sold yet.

If I'm wrong, someone give me a link, because I can't find anything that specifies that it will be sold on Steam.

Havent heard anything directly from lucasarts but Emily told us in another thread that it would be Steam.

edit: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9251

She says 'to my understanding' so not for sure as of yet
  • edited July 2009
    True and no reason to doubt Emily, but she said it was her understanding and occasionally things change. There's also that big announcement Monday from Lucas that has nothing to do with a specific IP, but it could be mentioned.
  • edited July 2009
    Havent heard anything directly from lucasarts but Emily told us in another thread that it would be Steam.

edit: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9251

She says 'to my understanding' so not for sure as of yet

Ah, OK. I didn't read that thread.

Nevermind. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Telltale have always been sporadic with offers, eventually I'd expect something better, but you'll have to be patient.
  • edited July 2009
    Just wondering, does anyone know what the shipping cost is when you get the DVD at the end of the series for the US?
    Well, since the shipping costs to Europe for the end-of-season DVDs were about 10 USD I'm pretty sure it's a lot less within the US...

You might want to start an order in the store with one of the other DVDs, then follow it through until you get to the point where you choose the shipping method.

np: Cotti - The Truth Hurts (Soul Jazz Records Singles 2008-2009 (Disc 2))
Sign in to comment in this discussion.