I feel like Telltale is forcing me to buy this game...

I mean, the features! Exclusive site acess, free episode, special DVD cover? It's probably because everyone here pretty much LOVES Monkey Island, considering that this company was made by 2 LucasArts workers. I'm not really begging, I'm just saying you guys are premoting this more than your other games. The game looks great, I don't have the money to buy it right now though.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Try using a pot as an helmet..
  • edited July 2009
    ok.. ..
  • edited July 2009
    I mean, the features! Exclusive site acess, free episode, special DVD cover? It's probably because everyone here pretty much LOVES Monkey Island, considering that this company was made by 2 LucasArts workers. I'm not really begging, I'm just saying you guys are premoting this more than your other games. The game looks great, I don't have the money to buy it right now though.

It's definitely deliberate.

I mean, think about it. You want to make a game. You need to employ people to make a game. These people need wages paying, not to mention the rent for their office and money for their computer equipment. Better get some investment from faceless money-men (or money-women) who aren't actually interested in the game.

Oh but wait! These games are Episodic, there's an alternative to borrowing. Why not take some of the money from the fans before everything is finished? Then the money-men (or women) can be kept to a bare minimum.

For Telltale getting the money part-way through the project is a lot more helpful than getting it after all the expenses have been paid. That's why there are always so many special offers if you pay early, or pay everything upfront.
  • edited July 2009
    Chris1 wrote: »
    You need to employ people to make a game. These people need wages paying.

Well, gaming deities like Grossman, Stemmle or Land surely live by Pizza and Ambrosia freely delivered by Kid Icarus, so THE BIG ONES can already be crossed off the payroll. If the movie industry is anything to go by, that cuts the budget 98.99% short.

So now seriously...

I'm still so undecided! One one hand, an individual epsiode will go for 8.95$ as usual yes? That's five times that, no extras and all. On the other hand, maybe I'm not going to have the time to finish! Or I don't even want to finish! Or maybe I won't like it! This could happen by hell anything: being stuck on monkey wrenches, the zipped file smelling of bananas and coconut oil, making my entire harddisk smell like a brothel on Guadoloupe for all eternity - and what if there aren't any suggestive shots between the Voodoo Lady and Meathook involved?

Er, at what CET is this actually going to end? California, that's 7 hours behind or something. Right?!
  • edited July 2009

Haha, I know how you feel. I didn't do very much questioning at all when I saw this deal, it was more of a matter of when rather than if. The deal just seemed way too good to give up. Plus, I would regret it every day if I didn't play all of this game, so why not just pay for it up front. Afterall, it's less than $40!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Aise wrote: »
    Try using a pot as an helmet..

win :D
  • edited July 2009
    plrichard wrote: »
    Haha, I know how you feel. I didn't do very much questioning at all when I saw this deal, it was more of a matter of when rather than if. The deal just seemed way too good to give up. Plus, I would regret it every day if I didn't play all of this game, so why not just pay for it up front. Afterall, it's less than $40!!!

I with you...been playing since it first hit the streets, why stop now? I though this would be a new way to try the game.
  • edited July 2009
    Salty Dog wrote: »
    I with you...been playing since it first hit the streets, why stop now? I though this would be a new way to try the game.

Yeah, I'm also very grateful because it has really introduced me to Telltale games, as well as the awesome community here!
  • edited July 2009
    Er, at what CET is this actually going to end? California, that's 7 hours behind or something. Right?!

The Pacific Time Zone is GMT - 8:00
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks, 'kay. The deal ends at 0 o' clock PST then, right?
  • edited July 2009
    If you didn't come to the website that might help. As for forcing you to do anything, that sounds like your own temptation--so, if anything, TellTale just has great advertisement.
  • edited July 2009
    It was trying to get us to buy it earlier, and it's just advertising. There's nothing evil about it, in fact I liked the bonuses.
  • edited July 2009
    We love you. Why?
    You bought some stuff!

I AM LOVED!? I AM LOVED! :) Now roll on the spirit of my youth reloaded.

By the way, you lads got the opening post totally the wrong way it seems. :D And yeah, it's a nice deal - it would even be without extras, pizzas and candid shots of Elaine in that special forum. There's barely a single freshly squeezed video game that goes for just 25€. Or 35$ for you Yanks. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.