Has Anyone Pre-ordered more then one copy of TOMI?

Basically the title says it all, i know a few people here has mentioned that theyve pre-ordered more then one copy of the game,ive pre-ordered one copy so far, and hearing people pre-ordering a 2nd one,made me consider if i should buy another one

now if you have, what are your reasons for buying another one?,even though you'll get a dvd case by Steve Purcell again

is it so you want to keep one untouched and the other you can play on all the time?

if so couldnt you buy a standard hard copy when it releases and leave the collectors one alone?

or you want to sell it on ebay to some Monkey Island fan who missed the chance to pre-order, so you can make profit?

or do you want to help Telltales profit?

do they have a limited number that they will sell,im guessing its not one per customer,are people certain to get more then one dvd when it comes to shipping it?

so whats your reason for pre-ordering another copy of the game?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I'm not going to vote because I will most likely buy the PC version and then at least a few episodes on the Wii and as far as I know you can't preorder for the Wii.
  • edited July 2009
    Yes cause im buying one for my friend and one for myself
    This
  • edited July 2009
    My plan is to just play the game through the downloadable system on Telltale's website, and to keep the DVD case wrapped and mint; that way I'll only have to buy one copy, even though with the shipped DVD in 2010 it's more like I bought two copies. :D
  • edited July 2009
    My plan is to just play the game through the downloadable system on Telltale's website, and to keep the DVD case wrapped and mint; that way I'll only have to buy one copy, even though with the shipped DVD in 2010 it's more like I bought two copies. :D

but wouldnt you need to open it for the Bonus content on the disc, if there is one? :p
  • edited July 2009
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    but wouldnt you need to open it for the Bonus content on the disc, if there is one? :p

Well, I hardly ever miss the bonus content on movies much less games.

But IF I must, then if I ever want to mint it again I'll just rewrap it. heh heh :D
  • edited July 2009
    Already bought it through TTG's store and I'll also buy it again when it shows up on Steam!
  • edited July 2009
    Thinking about it seriously due to the slip cover thing, but probably not.
  • edited July 2009
    I already helped TTG w some cash since I bought the whole Sam and Max episode by episode. Intentionally. And meh, it's just a game. One copy will be more than enough. I have too good memory to find a lot of joy in replaying.
  • edited July 2009
    I buy even THREE copies of Telltale games: one from Telltale (I like to give them all the money, and for the DVD), one from Steam (I play some games from there and I have been playing Wallace & Gromit on it) and the spanish retail version, so my brother can play them in spanish.

I am crazy, I know... But I love Telltale, I can't resist it... :p
  • edited July 2009
    I only pre-ordered once. If I was to buy another copy, it would be to get the cover art on the DVD for the non-pre-order purchase. This way, I get both covers. This won't happen though because I'm cheap.
  • edited July 2009
    One copy is enough for me, especially since I get both DL and DVD.

By the way, why someone would like to buy another copy from Steam, if they already have bought one copy from the Telltale. Do they love Valve that much?
  • edited July 2009
    No, I don't love Valve (specially since I have to pay a lot of more for the games because I am european), but I play some of my favorite games from the steam menu, so it's more easy to play Wallace & Gromit from it. And because I like to support adventures games on mainstream services... :)
  • edited July 2009
    One copy is enough for me, especially since I get both DL and DVD.

By the way, why someone would like to buy another copy from Steam, if they already have bought one copy from the Telltale. Do they love Valve that much?

It's not really about loving Valve that much for me, but I do love the ability to have my library of games available no matter where I'm at as long as I have an Internet connection. I also love that there's no limitation to the number of machines my games can be installed on via Steam. We're a 5 PC household and the mood to play can strike anywhere! Granted, TTG is very very generous in the number of activations per profile and profiles that they allow.

I order here at the site as well because I want TTG to see every dime of my purchase (in addition to some of the dimes from the Steam purchase) and I love the end-of-season DVDs. Plus, the bonuses are generally pretty nice. I really do despise SecuROM on the bonus DVDs though. I understand TTG's need for copy protection, but I just really distrust anything that needs to modify my PC and hide to run properly. It can be abused. Steam kinda provides an acceptable middle ground.
  • edited July 2009
    i am waiting to buy it for the wii! ....but my mother who is 52 pre-ordered her own copy... she has always been a big fan!
  • edited July 2009
    One copy for me, I keep things for myself so all I need is the one copy to play, I don't need to keep it in exceptional condition because I never plan to part with it!

Plus I should have finished it by the time I get the actual hard copy.

edit - I also do genuinely make some security backups of discs for the sake of keeping them safe, most likely in this case I will :P
  • edited July 2009
    Option number five: Accidentally ordered a second copy due to typos and misunderstandings, but returned it and got the second one refunded. (Thanks, by the way, Telltale support folks!) :-P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.