Free game episode with TOMI?????

So I added Tales of Monkey Island to my shopping cart and The first episode of sam and max to my shopping cart and proceeded to check out...It charges me for sam and max. The deal does say a free game episode of your choice. What's going on here? Why am I still charged? How do I get the deal? It doesn't tell how to get it. :confused:

Comments

• edited July 2009
    You'll get a coupon code AFTER buying and paying for the Tales of Monkey Island pre-order
    EDIT: It means you'll download the free episode later
  • edited July 2009
    If you finished the checkout, e-mail Telltale and they will refund your money.
  • edited July 2009
    He probably didn't finish the checkout, did he?
  • edited July 2009
    No I didn't finish the check out. Well I did, but I removed sam and max. Thanks guys!!! I was looking for talle tales email....where is it....?
  • edited July 2009
    Just go to support@telltalegames.com with all your problems and support questions. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Speaking of the free episode deal, what game do you guys suggest to get for a fan on MI?
  • edited July 2009
    KEBSD wrote: »
    Speaking of the free episode deal, what game do you guys suggest to get for a fan on MI?

Try Sam and Max or Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures. Quite for the adventure-game type. Or SBCG4AP works too. It's got a guy, and he insults people, and he's cool and attractive...
  • edited July 2009

Sam & Max season 2: Chariots of the Dogs :D
  • edited July 2009
    Which one is more humorous? I really enjoy the comedy aspect of MI.
    I really liked the mouse controls of CMI, do either S&M or W&G have that?
    Thanks for the help!
  • edited July 2009
    Which one is more humorous? I really enjoy the comedy aspect of MI.
    I really liked the mouse controls of CMI, do either S&M or W&G have that?
    Thanks for the help!

Well having only played the first episode of both Sam & Max: Season 1 and Wallace & Gromit, I would say that Sam & Max would be more for you. It has complete mouse controls and is a bit more humorous. I loved Wallace & Gromit (and the controls didn't really bother me much at all even though most people seem to completely loathe them) but that's also because I loved the old cartoons. It's a good game but as far as humor goes, you're better off watching the cartoons first to see if you like them because if you do you'll like the game. But for your free episode I would suggest Sam & Max.

On the other hand, Sam & Max Season 1 Episode 4 is free no matter what so you could get that one and Wallace & Gromit. It's really up to you.
  • edited July 2009
    Getting Sam and Max episode 1 of Season One isn't particularly smart right now, if you have any plans to play the whole season. The price is discounted to $20 for the season at the moment, so it's actually cheaper to buy the season than to get a free episode and then upgrade.

Your coupon is good until June 2010. So, my suggestion is to play episode 4 of Sam and Max: Season One. That's how I got into the series and that episode is always free. If you like it, buy the season at the discounted price and then use the coupon to discount Wallace and Gromit, Sam and Max: Season Two, or Telltale's next series if that comes out before next June.
  • edited July 2009
    Sam & Max Season 2 is a lot better than season 1, so I think if you are only getting 1 episode of S&M make it a season 2 episode.
  • edited July 2009
    Strong Bad and Sam and Max will leave you laughing yourself to death. I'd say for Strong Bad, get Episode 2 or 3. For Sam and Max, you should definatly get Episode 2 for Season 1 or Episode 3 for Season 2.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for all the help! I'm leaning toward S&M but I think I'll try Episode 4 of Season 1 to make sure I like it.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for all the help! I'm leaning toward S&M but I think I'll try Episode 4 of Season 1 to make sure I like it.

Just remember, if you like Episode 4 and might want the whole season, you're better off just buying the whole thing for $19.99 instead of getting a free episode and upgrading (upgrading is more expensive at this point for some reason). Since Episode 4 is free, I would suggest you try out another of Telltale's games or an episode of season 2 of Sam and Max.
  • edited July 2009
    You can always grab demos of anything you are wavering about. If you're an old school fan I'm gonna repeat Sam and Max; otherwise Strongbad simply because of all the old school graphics.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2009
    Try Sam and Max. Quite for the adventure-game type. Or SBCG4AP works too. It's got a guy, and he insults people, and he's cool and attractive...

Fixed the above post.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.