ehh... This has been dissapointing.

I was going to wait until the six episodes had realeased, to see if my opinion would change, but it shouldn't take more than four episodes to get me to really like the game.
I'll start by saying I don't hate the game, I think its ok, I just don't enjoy it that. I personally think it's the weakest out of TWAU, TWD and TFBL. Here is why.

Firstly let ask you guys, have your choices impacted your story in any sort of way? The whole plot and each scene you get is extremely just one tunnel, whereas in other Telltales games, yeah the plot all ends the same, but the road you take is different, I noticed that alot of in TFBL. But in GoT, if you make a choice, you just get some different dialogue. I hope that changes, like with episode 4, where you choose to take Finn with or not, I haven't checked to see what happens if you don't, so fingers crossed for impact on the story.
Anothe reason why I'm a bit dissapointed is some of the silly logic, like you don't save Tom, he does a Kenny and gets lucky without explantion about the guard O_o. And in this episode with Gared, Cotter and or Finn, after you escape the cell, your somehow on the other side of the wall, even thought you need to call to open the gate and get through the tunnel, and everyone would have heard them opening the gate.

I'll expect some backlash from you guys, but that is just my opinion on the game so far. I'm enjoy Tales a lot more, and can't wait for the next episode.

Comments

• edited May 2015

I definitely agree with you about how Gared and co. get through the wall. I was sitting there yelling at my screen, 'right, cause that's not half the point of the Wall in the first place fuckheads - to keep the criminal element from just wandering off into the wild blue yonder - just anyone can wander off whenever they want!?!'

I mean in the show, theres at least 3 gates in the tunnel, with guards posted i think? The tunnel itself is as long as the Wall is thick, and for the first 3 episodes, Jon wouldn't shut up about Mance Rayder and his 'kajillion' wildlings. So, if the watch is expecting a threat, or an ambush of sorts, why the Fuck don't they have guards posted at the single point of entry/exit they have at hand?

• Yeah I know, it really weakened the episode for me

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I definitely agree with you about how Gared and co. get through the wall. I was sitting there yelling at my screen, 'right, cause that's not

• How do you guys feel about the season so far?

• edited May 2015

So far there have been choices that make a lasting impact. The sentinel choice seems the biggest one, impacting much of Royland and Duncan's dialogue and reactions, the state of the Whitehill soldiers, and Gryff's treatment of Talia.

I feel like each storyline will have at least one important choice to make that affects something during the resolution, or so I hope. Of course, if they wanted to make a Season 2 involving the same family, they might not be able to vary the ending too much. But neither did The Walking Dead Season 1. I don't know, I'm still enjoying myself playing through this story and am curious to see what they'll make of it.

• Personally, I couldn't disagree more. This game, especially the new episode was great and was exiting throughout. Even the quick time events and decisions leading up to them (Garred) were intense. Whereas in TWD, it feels dry and boring often in my opinion.

• I thought this episode was (almost) pure gold as well. When compared to the likes of TWD season 2 there is no question this series is much better and far less linear, actually.

Personally, I couldn't disagree more. This game, especially the new episode was great and was exiting throughout. Even the quick time events

• I love this game and kudos to Telltale because when I play I literally feel like I am in the game. I understand the story more and I got to really appreciate the Tv Show more and I understand the character more as in their actions and what they are facing. For example talking to Cersei or Dany, I was really nervous. I wanted to sound right but they twist my words in my mouth. I have to say after TftB, this is my favourite game from Telltale :)

• Episode 4 had some great moments. I really enjoyed Asher's scenes and Highpoint was amazing, especially learning more about Gryff and Ludd. I was just really disappointed Ramsay came back at the end.

• I'm enjoying GoT far more than Tales (buuuttt I'm loving Tales, so). Opinions opinions, I guess.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.