Previously On?

I noticed this scene in the "Previously On":

Alt text

Seems to happen no matter what your final blow to Britt actually was. I know I definitely slashed his arm, and didn't stab his chest. Telltale might have done that since it doesn't matter in the long-run, but realistically I think that detail would have been something to show that I didn't try to directly murder him. They could have at least included that detail on his body, which also doesn't change even if you kicked him off the wall. A fall like that would most likely do more damage than shown.

Also, on the topic of inconsistencies, when Gwyn first greets you at Highpoint, in the subtitles she refers to Lady Forrester as "Elyssa" though her name in the Codex is "Elissa". It was probably just an oversight for spelling. Non-story-wise, the grove scene seemed really glitchy overall. I loved this episode but it seemed there were more noticeable mistakes.

Did anyone else notice problems like this?

Comments

• well i made him suffer before he died and on the previously on he just kicked him off the cliff.. course when the game starts it did show the slash across his stomach and the stab wound to the chest, so at least his dead body showed what i did to him, lol... still.. previously on and next on have ALWAYS been a bit off in every telltale game release.. dialog wise, or minor things like that.. it is when it shows different choices you'll have to worry and call BUG BUG BUG BUG!!! lol

• edited May 2015

Also noticed that. And in Episode 2 when Rodrik spoke to Elaena Glenmore it was always written "Eleana will remember that". Don't know if Telltale fixed it. But it's not just minor mistakes in writing and beginning sequence "previously on", unfortunately. Basically each scene has animation glitches, which is quite dissapointing.

• edited May 2015

I know the "Next On" Sections are always different because they's just rough scenes of maybe future events (especially since this episode we never got caught by Sera talking to Tom like was hinted at in the last "Next On" scene). Still, "Previously On" still keeps relatively close to finished scenes, and I guess this deviation just stood out to me. The choice didn't even transfer into the next episode showing Britt's injuries.

MyTwoCents posted: »

well i made him suffer before he died and on the previously on he just kicked him off the cliff.. course when the game starts it did show th

• edited May 2015

the choice transferred over on his body for me.. Otherwise he would only have that shoulder/chest stab (even though technically it was the upper stomach.. still.. 2 seperate stabs) wound or w/e when his frozen corpse was shown on the wagon.. he also had the gut-slice from when i cut him open to make him suffer before the kick off.

Try that option next playthrough if you want it to stick more real to choices made. **Gave Britt's belly a smile )

Edit: actually.. going by your picture maybe that first wound was more to the shoulder from the upper stomach.. so yeah.. wounds are accurate.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I know the "Next On" Sections are always different because they's just rough scenes of maybe future events (especially since this episode we

• edited May 2015

I'm just talking about the arm-slashing choice. His arm is intact and uninjured, and his chest has a large wound during his funeral, again, that appears even if you refused to stab his chest. I made him suffer in my opposite playthrough and I don't remember seeing anything different either. I think that belly wound is from earlier in the fight, because it shows up even if I didn't make him suffer.

the choice transferred over on his body for me.. Otherwise he would only have that shoulder/chest stab (even though technically it was the u

• Yeah, I slashed his arm, but the previously on showed me stabbing in the chest. And his body showed a large hole in his chest. Quite annoying that it shows something that I did not do. That sort of injury by Gared sort of makes it seem that Gared wanted him to die.

• I definitely slashed his arm, it shows Gared stabbing him in the chest on the 'previously on' and then it even showed on the body:

Alt text

I tried everything to avoid hurting Britt to much so he would live but the wound just makes it look like I purposely wanted him to die when that wasn't my intention.

• this is the image i saw.. gut torture wound made more serious from the slash previous and the stab wound in the chest from when he was on the ground.. at least.. that is what i tell myself so I don't have a mental break from reality due to inaccurate cutscenes :P Lol.

Then again... how would his body look after such a fall.. OMG!!! has a mental break Lol.

Kateis posted: »

I definitely slashed his arm, it shows Gared stabbing him in the chest on the 'previously on' and then it even showed on the body: I

• considering it's visual depth and size and position.. for my playthrough i see it as the torture bit, but yeah.. I didn't slash his arm when he was on the ground.. so i'll have to take your word for it that it doesn't show up for PC version.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I'm just talking about the arm-slashing choice. His arm is intact and uninjured, and his chest has a large wound during his funeral, again,

• Yeah see this image is also what I got when I didn't stab his chest and didn't gut him, so that makes me think they only made one dead model for Britt without accounting for seemingly meaningless differences in gameplay.

Alt text

this is the image i saw.. gut torture wound made more serious from the slash previous and the stab wound in the chest from when he was on th

• Hey... This is nothing compared to "marraige" in one of the dialogue options! XD

I actually was extremely bothered by that cut wound as well. It kind of broke the illusion of choice right off the bat.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.