Your opinion on Finn after episode 4?

What do you think of Finn after playing episode 4? I honestly didn't believe that he would go with Gared beyond the Wall. I personally think it is very nice of having two companions rather than just Cotter. And it was nice to see him side with Gared at the beginning.

Comments

• Yeah, he isn't really that bad as he seemed.

I can safely say now I consider Finn a friend, which is nice considering how our relationship started.

• I can safely say now I consider Finn a friend, which is nice considering how our relationship started.

• Aye, I feel like replaying and siding more with him. I am now more incline to trust Finn in the future. :)

I can safely say now I consider Finn a friend, which is nice considering how our relationship started.

• I thought it was really awesome at first. The whole crew goes with you and all. But then I realized the trip to the north grove would drain a lot of resources. Then I was like shit finns a bit on the chubby side.

RIP Food and other important resourses.

• He lied for Gared, with this he won my heart xD

• Regarding food, it is a rather odd food supply. Onions and apples? Does it mix well together?

Tyranitar posted: »

I thought it was really awesome at first. The whole crew goes with you and all. But then I realized the trip to the north grove would drain

• lol. It's funny because I would've never thought of the food situation unless it's twd or something. When Gared looked down at that basket I was like "well damn better lie".

Hopefully they don't meet some crazy canibal wildlings.

Regarding food, it is a rather odd food supply. Onions and apples? Does it mix well together?

• I always liked Finn, so my opinion hasn't changed.

• Speaking of cannibalism...After Gared and his companions killed the wildlings and one escaped with their foods. I was kinda staring at the corpses...I guess I was feeling kinda desperate for the characters. If there was an option to leave or...Eat the corpses, I think I might have picked latter..

lol. It's funny because I would've never thought of the food situation unless it's twd or something. When Gared looked down at that basket I was like "well damn better lie". Hopefully they don't meet some crazy canibal wildlings.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

When i first met Finn i didn't like him but when we started to make friends in episode 3 i realised he was a nice guy who seemed to be putting on a "tough guy" act so that he didn't get walked over.

When he stuck up for me in front of Frostfinger it made me like him even more and i didn't hesitate to being him along with me, i currently trust him more than Cotter as he stole my map and could potentially steal more things from me for betray me for the North Grove.

• I liked him more more as Gared's plot progressed. I like Cotter as well, but if I had to choose for one of them to watch my back, it would be Finn. Finn's brutish, sure, but he's honest and reliable. Cotter might seem like the nicer one of the two, but we know nothing about his true motif yet, so it might as well be just an act.

• Yeah, that. Getting really sick of Cotter stealing things just because he wants to know something you clearly don't want to tell him because it's none of his business. Weird sense of entitlement.

OzzyUK posted: »

When i first met Finn i didn't like him but when we started to make friends in episode 3 i realised he was a nice guy who seemed to be putti

• (I have a slight crush on him)

• Fynn lied to Frostfinger about what happened to Britt in my game and said Gared murdered him so if I see Fynn any time soon I will probably try to kill him. I don't trust Cotter either maybe his little sister will be more trustworthy.

• This happens only if you didn't befriend him in Episode 3, so you must have been a dick to him when he showed his vulnerable side on the march to the Weirwood Tree. Still, it doesn't excuse him of lying about Gared attacking Britt, of course.

Fynn lied to Frostfinger about what happened to Britt in my game and said Gared murdered him so if I see Fynn any time soon I will probably try to kill him. I don't trust Cotter either maybe his little sister will be more trustworthy.

• For some reason I always think of Flash Thompson whenever I see Finn.

Alt text

• You don't need an oath to bond with your brothers. Finn seemed a bit rough at first but he grows on you.

• That is what I figured I had to reload my game and I lost my save so the choices the game generated must have changed it on me but it does make things interesting playing the previous episodes then having some choices changed on you and not knowing all of them.

MrSolomon posted: »

This happens only if you didn't befriend him in Episode 3, so you must have been a dick to him when he showed his vulnerable side on the march to the Weirwood Tree. Still, it doesn't excuse him of lying about Gared attacking Britt, of course.

• I kind of always liked Finn, so I like him even more now xD. Though I can't say if I trust Cotter completely..

• Finn was my favourite npc in the beginning, and now he still is. "Boy am i glad to see you" was the most genuine option to pick when he came up :'D bff finn, hell yeah. Honestly just waiting to leave cotter behind in the woods.I dont like him at all. So glad we could take finn with us, really... also, since i befriended him, he defended me in front of frostfinger, even though i straight up murdered britt... tru bro

• He lied in your play? My Gared was trying to avoid fight, that's what actually happened and Finn was just being honest.

SoMuchSass posted: »

He lied for Gared, with this he won my heart xD

• Ha, that's so bro, bro!

SoMuchSass posted: »

As soon as I had the chance I jumped at Britt (also threatened him) xD Then I lied in Frostfingers face, that I wasn't the one who started t

• As soon as I had the chance I jumped at Britt (also threatened him) xD Then I lied in Frostfingers face, that I wasn't the one who started the fight. After this Finn appeared and told "he saw the whole thing" xD So I thought "Oh fuck, it's over". But he lied and told that I'm telling the truth, it was Britt's fault.

Gapaot posted: »

He lied in your play? My Gared was trying to avoid fight, that's what actually happened and Finn was just being honest.

• Watcher bros are true bros :D

Gapaot posted: »

Ha, that's so bro, bro!

• They are called Thenns, they live far far at the north somewhere near the land of always winter.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Thenns

lol. It's funny because I would've never thought of the food situation unless it's twd or something. When Gared looked down at that basket I was like "well damn better lie". Hopefully they don't meet some crazy canibal wildlings.

• if I ever see Finn again he's a dead man. He purposefully lied to get me executed. "I saw it all Gared attacked first" he's a lying snake and he'll get his just deserved.

• Yep, that's how it is in the show (and this game supposedly goes showcanon with everything), but in books the Thenns are not cannibals, instead they have the most advanced culture of all the wildlings even if they are still fierce warriors. I would've liked them to be like that in the show too, but it's not that big a problem.

Weird btw that we didn't see White Walkers this episode after that "Do the dead frighten you?" quote and WW key art.

They are called Thenns, they live far far at the north somewhere near the land of always winter. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Thenns

• Perhaps it was moved to episode 5 for better pacing?

Yep, that's how it is in the show (and this game supposedly goes showcanon with everything), but in books the Thenns are not cannibals, inst

• Finn is my BFF now <3 I really regret picking all those fights with him and punching him in the beginning, but he definitely grow on me and supported me against Frostfinger, so yeah. Glad to have him by my side :]

• It is always heartwarming to get support from someone you least expected. :)

VanillaIce posted: »

Finn is my BFF now I really regret picking all those fights with him and punching him in the beginning, but he definitely grow on me and supported me against Frostfinger, so yeah. Glad to have him by my side :]

• I really disliked him at first, then went to a sort-of neutral opinion of him...but now? He's my bro, along with Cotter. I trust them both now, as naive as that might be. I never expected Finn to defend me, so he definitely has grown for the better in my eyes.

• Like most, I wasn't fond of him in the beginning. But in episode 3 when Gared approached him to bury the hatchet and they started becoming friends I was beginning to like him. Then in episode 4, he came to my defense and backed me up about Britt (I tried to avoid the fight). I allowed him to come without hesitation. Then later he says come what may, he has my back.

I know now I've found a true brother in Finn.

• My favourite quote from this episode was from Finn:
    "What will Frostfinger do with me, once you've run off with Potato-Fucker over here"

• I really cant believe that only 8%(including me)went beyond the wall without him.He told Frostfinger that i murdered Britt just because i didnt like him,so im glad that i dont have to go with him.

• Yep, that's probably the case.

Perhaps it was moved to episode 5 for better pacing?

• edited May 2015

Well I was kinda expecting dead wildling to come back as wights. Not saying that I am disappointed.

Yep, that's how it is in the show (and this game supposedly goes showcanon with everything), but in books the Thenns are not cannibals, inst

• Finn had me cracking up at a few of his lines....

"What will Frostfinger do with me after you've run off with Potato-Fucker over here?"

"Who's this fucking snowball?"

• You and 8% didn't encounter Finn. I couldn't bring Finn. I pissed him of so bad in the last episodes he accused me of murder. So I had no option here really.

I have an other save file where i pissed of cotter real bad. So I have one more chance I guess.

• edited May 2015

I will never get over how quick his character did a complete 180 and how he suddenly liked Gared after 1 sentence lol.

• Me too!

Flog61 posted: »

(I have a slight crush on him)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.