Ludd

Is Ludd an uncouth bombastic version of Tywin Lannister? He is not as smart as Tywin as I am sure you have noticed but he is a man who seems to put family first including Gryff his fourth born son. I am still going to crush them and write my opus The Rains of Highpoint given the chance but I think I respect Ludd a little bit after episode 4. Has Ludd moved up in your opinion or is he still just a butthole or some other expletive.

Comments

• I think he is a decent antagonist, not a very complicated character but at least not just a totally bad guy.

• I don't think he's a bad guy and I don't hate him. I think Ludd is smarter than most people think.

• When Gwyn said that Ludd was one of the only people ever nice to Gryff, it gave Ludd's character the depth it needed. Up until then he just seemed like a typical asshole but it's now apparent he's more complex than he initially seemed. Yes, I gained a lot of respect for him and look forward to seeing more of him. I used to dread him because I thought he was just an evil sonofabitch, but not anymore.

• I'm glad he's not just some evil sniveling lord.

I even pity Gryff, and it was kind of heartwarming to hear that Ludd's always been kind to him , unlike everyone else in their family apparently.

"A Whitehill is still a Whitehill, just like a Forrester is still a Forrester." - Rodrik

It's definitely something worth respecting about him.

• I still greatly dislike him... Everyone has loved ones, that doesn't make them a good person. And Gryff can't use being bullied as an excus to be a major jackass to everyone, including throwing a tantrum because I wouldn't submit to him.

I don't even trust Gwyn completely. The best thing to do to the Whitehills is defeat them once and for all.

• edited May 2015

But what if doing that destroys your (Rodricks) relationship with Asher?

Defeating ALL the whitehills i mean.

fayescarlet posted: »

I still greatly dislike him... Everyone has loved ones, that doesn't make them a good person. And Gryff can't use being bullied as an excus

• He's too far gone for me to feel any sympathy or respect for his character. Done too much to the Forrester's, basically an accomplice in the murder of one of the Forrester children and has since made their life an utter misery and is secretly assembling an army to march on Ironrath.

Remind me again why two seconds of care for his son, another total shithead, is meant to be enough for me to feel any ounce of respect or sympathy for this character?

• Asher hasn't mentioned Gwyn once during his parts of the story, from what I remember. Maybe they both got over each other. Gwyn doesn't seem to have any romantic feelings left, she replies "it's in the past" if you ask her about Asher.

And even then, I hope Asher would understand why, seeing as the Whitehills are responsible for a lot of misery the Forresters have suffered so far. Maybe he'll want to stop them all, too.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

But what if doing that destroys your (Rodricks) relationship with Asher? Defeating ALL the whitehills i mean.

• You don't have to respect or feel sympathy for him I was just wondering if your opinion on him had changed or not mine has a little and that was the only reason to like Ludd at all I could come up with.

He's too far gone for me to feel any sympathy or respect for his character. Done too much to the Forrester's, basically an accomplice in the

• edited May 2015

Ignore :s

• edited May 2015

I would spare Gwyn more because she is trying to help than for anything else (including Asher). If it wasn’t for this, I would go with a “kill them all” attitude. But since she is helping, a “kill all their male line so that their name fade from the land” is sufficient.

Asher hasn't mentioned Gwyn once during his parts of the story, from what I remember. Maybe they both got over each other. Gwyn doesn't seem

• He does in the tavern the first time you see him.
    Beshka: "Cast you out because you fell in love with the wrong girl"
    Him "Gwyn..." sad look

Asher hasn't mentioned Gwyn once during his parts of the story, from what I remember. Maybe they both got over each other. Gwyn doesn't seem

• How can you compare Ludd to Tywin in any way?!? That’s blasphemy!!!

But yeah, after this episode he is not just a stupid asshole. The character is deeper now and that’s always good (especially when we are talking about the antagonist).

• Oops, forgot about that... Well, I can't deny Gwyn does seem to be trying to make peace between the two families. She can be spared. 8D;

Miny77 posted: »

He does in the tavern the first time you see him. Beshka: "Cast you out because you fell in love with the wrong girl" Him "Gwyn..." sad look

• Then no, I find him irredeemable.

You don't have to respect or feel sympathy for him I was just wondering if your opinion on him had changed or not mine has a little and that was the only reason to like Ludd at all I could come up with.

• I knew he spoke of her somewhere.

Miny77 posted: »

He does in the tavern the first time you see him. Beshka: "Cast you out because you fell in love with the wrong girl" Him "Gwyn..." sad look

• I guess i was thinking about Gwynn's feelings about the erradication of her entire family, and then - if they do still love each other - what will Asher feel about our actions in relation to her feelings?

Would he be angry, because she is? I have to admit, i'm not quite sure about Gwynn. And i wish we had more info about the backstory of the 2 families interactions and history with each other. Especially Gwynn and Ashers relationship.

Oops, forgot about that... Well, I can't deny Gwyn does seem to be trying to make peace between the two families. She can be spared. 8D;

Sign in to comment in this discussion.