Your Thoughts About Choices Like This

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

During the the discussion with Ludd, while he has Ryon held hostage you are given the option to attack. This actually results in the death of Ludd, by the hand of Duncan or Ser Royland. Elissa is then shot with an arrow, and your given a little QTE to dodge the arrows. However you are shot anyway, and Rodrik falls to the ground. He then just repeats 'mother' very slowly... while the Game Over screen appears. I just thought it was neat that we were even given a choice that was wrong, I even jumped up furious when I saw Duncan killed. I continued only to find the game over screen and thought it was quite interesting.
EDITED I just saw a bunch of threads about the "Attack" Option so I changed this up a bit.
Alt text

What do you guys think about choices that result in failure? Do you think Telltale should use more choices like this, or was it a one time thing? (its almost like the Brenda St John choice in TWDG S1)

Comments

• I like them, they're kind of fun. TFTBL also had one in its 1st episode, so it looks like they might start to appear more often.

• I actually enjoyed that Telltale was ballsy enough to do that, as I like that it adds more weight to future choice making by causing you to second guess yourself and be more careful.

• I wish they were ballsy enough to keep it as an actual choice instead of just a gane over screen.

• Ditto, although episode release times would probably be twice as long as they factored in all the divergences. Plus there wouldn't be much of a story with the primary protagonist and antagonist killed within moments of each other.

Still I like that they give you the option to do even really, really stupid things. If they hadn't you just know people would be asking "Well why couldn't we have ordered the Glenmores to attack!"

I wish they were ballsy enough to keep it as an actual choice instead of just a gane over screen.

• What happens if you bring along guards? Is the scene any different?

• Arthur shoots Ludd in the throat, everyone on your side still dies, but Gywn gets killed as well.

AGentlman posted: »

What happens if you bring along guards? Is the scene any different?

• Well, for a moment I thought what happened really did and I was scared as hell. But then it said Game over and I was actually happy. At least now we can see 3 different ways of Lard Butterhill dying <3

• Wow, they really did step up differences this episode, I can't wait to see all the other things like what not bringing Finn does and not killing that wildling that runs does to the story.

Arthur shoots Ludd in the throat, everyone on your side still dies, but Gywn gets killed as well.

• Wait 3, whats the 3rd one? besides arrow to the neck and hatchet to the head?

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, for a moment I thought what happened really did and I was scared as hell. But then it said Game over and I was actually happy. At least now we can see 3 different ways of Lard Butterhill dying

• Well I just meant as in 3 people killing him ;p

AGentlman posted: »

Wait 3, whats the 3rd one? besides arrow to the neck and hatchet to the head?

• Ohhhhhhh

Poogers555 posted: »

Well I just meant as in 3 people killing him ;p

Sign in to comment in this discussion.