Sellswords and Slaves Theory

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Alrighty, so after replaying Sons of Winter. Something caught my eye during the preview. When Daenerys is yelling at Asher questioning his leadership, then it proceeds to another scene with Beskha telling Asher "They aren't sellswords, they're killers." And we can see 2 people which look to be slaves from what I saw. Is it possible that Asher is using the slaves from the fighting pits (because Daenerys refused to give him an army) to help him back in Westeros?

Comments

• edited May 2015

That's actually a theory I can get behind.

Dany seems like she'll find any excuse to keep her army no matter what you do. Hiring former slaves would be a good chance to

1. Not have to get a whole lot of gold from King's Landing as Mira to pay a sellsword army rate
    2. Get around Dany's refusals and
    3. Get a surprise outcome that allying with Beskha could help your family in the end, even if she says she wouldn't go. Now she has a purpose to stay with Asher and look after those who were in her situation.
  • I like this theory and it makes sense and plus I'm a big Beskha fan so I'm all for it.

• Ooh I really like this theory. I kind of went into Meereen really expecting Daenery's to be all "following my every word to an exact t or else you're my enemy" like Margaery was.

• Yeah i had the feeling Dany wouldn't help either way so thats why I let the Slaver die, Kind of a throw away choice but immersive none the less.

I suppose that means they stick around long enough for her to complain about them though. I was hoping Asher was going to make it back to westeros earlier

LoseMyHome posted: »

That's actually a theory I can get behind. Dany seems like she'll find any excuse to keep her army no matter what you do. Hiring former s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.