I still find Asher kind of ...meh

All the other story's have their ups and downs however I do overall like all three and a lot of the characters in them however I'm just not a fan of Asher at all.

He's pretty boring

Rodrik seems to have more of what I thought Asher would be like (dont get me wrong I dont want them identical) but him shaking with anger and seeming half mad is really good. Asher is not really like anything we've heard about him, hes a bit smug but thats all, non of his dialogue choices are all that interesting. Gared isnt too much either but at least he honorable or claims to be. Mira sneaky and slighty almost mean/snarky personality also slip through in the dialogue.

Placement

Again like the Esssos storyline in the books we are just sat around waiting for Asher to go to westeroes, all this other stuff for him just feels a bit pointless. The fact I dont like Essos really either doesnt help. His story is nearly all just random action or something about Beshka. Very little about himself when he has (arguably) the best backstory.

Side characters

Beshka almost seems like the main character, the story tends to be more about her than Asher, dont get me wrong shes likeable which is a good credit however her (and asher slightly) are the only things I can really like. Malcolm and Croft are kind of just there. There is no real antagonist (dany is kind of a bitch but not really an antagonist). There are very few characters compared to the other stories.

Comments

• edited May 2015

He's the only character I really like lol(though Rodrik and Gared have started to grow on me in episode 4.)He easily has the best scenes in my opinion and the best action scenes. I love playing him as a cocky badass that doesn't care for anything or anyone except himself and Beshka.

Mira is easily the worst IMO.

• edited May 2015

I like him because of the sarcastic lines I can say with him that I can't with anyone else. With any other Telltale character I would have never told Croft that "my hair could use a trim" when threatened with a knife but with Asher? You betcha.

Honestly he turned out better than I expected. I thought he was going to be a gruff and macho tough guy, but his soft spot for friends and family really brings warmth to his character. I'm glad he isn't a sterotypical badass. And Beskha brings out a great relationship too.

I'm not really crazy about the location or Dany either, and the only antagonists were the Lost Legion before they seemingly dropped out of the picture. I guess now it's just a race against time to gather an army and sail to Westeros, if we make it that far.

• I made a comment in another thread that Asher location is probably because Telltale is being forced to insert Dany into the story somewhere due to licensing contract or the like which doesn't sound like a bad thing but from a gameplay standpoint its not like she's gonna die or do anything major in the story because she can't really deviate from the canon.

Its like when Glen left from the Walking dead season 1, "now anything can happen". The presence of the GoT characters restrict the story i feel more than add.

Also this was Mira's best episode

• Was agreeing tilll last sentence. You take that back, Mira is awesome too!

He's the only character I really like lol(though Rodrik and Gared have started to grow on me in episode 4.)He easily has the best scenes in

• She's ok, I will give her credit for one thing she did grow on me a little in episode 4 with her sneakiness and trickery, but she is still easily my least favorite

Gapaot posted: »

Was agreeing tilll last sentence. You take that back, Mira is awesome too!

• edited May 2015

To be honest, I was bored at Asher's parts in this episode. BUT in every episode there was a weaker part that I did not enjoy as much as the others, Keep that in mind this is jut my personal opinion and it doesn't mean they were bad.

Ep 1. Hated Mira and the King's landing scenes, now they were awesome and I really like her.

Ep 2. The Wall scenes and Gared, I'm not a big fan of the Wall so I couldn't enjoy it that much.

Ep 3. Rodrik's scenes weren't as good as the others. (maybe because I submitted but I was just rolling my eyes because of Gryff)

And Ep 4. Asher... I just thought that the Mereen part was a bit pointless (Dany won't help...) and I knew Beshka was a slave.

Anyway I'm sure I'll love again Asher's storyline in ep 5 :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.