Euron Greyjoy and Randyll Tarly for season 6 TV show

So, some casting news about season six of the show came to the site Watchers on the Wall few days ago and apparently the sources are to be trusted. I wanted to start a discussion about it here too, but since it was the day episode 4 was published I passed it. Anyway in the casting call there were characters "Pirate" and "Father" and their descriptions clearly hinted at Euron and Randyll. Also there seems to be the whole Tarly family and "Priest" whose introduction hints to some kind of merge of Meribald and Elder Brother (Cleganebowl? :D). "Pirate", "father" and "priest" are all implied to be major roles for the season. There were also bunch of other casting calls like "Fierce Warrior" who should be mixed race - Khal Jhaqo?

Here is the link to it: http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-casting-has-begun-and-heres-the-list/

So apparently we get:

• Euron Greyjoy

• Randyll Tarly, Dickon Tarly, Talia Tarly and Melessa Tarly (Florent)

• Meribald/Elder Brother(?)

• Khal Jhaqo(?)

• three young boys, two of them must have northern accents and the third must be large but not fat - flashback?

• "Leading actress" of a traveling theater company and a young priestess (probably another r'hllor -priestess)

So what do you think these might mean for the story? I'd say Oldtown is a big location next year. And who would you cast for these roles?

Comments

• I think we are getting a Euron/Victarion cross breed though i'd like them both. The priest with likely be just like the other one that finds Vic in the books

The others I have no real idea, maybe someone for Yara to associate with (she has a few in the books)

• They should have done the Greyjoys this season instead of Dorne. They have butchered the Dorne storyline in my opinion :D

Sign in to comment in this discussion.