Suspects for Tom's boss and The person who hired Damien

Here is my list of suspects for Tom's boss and whoever hired Damien to kill Mira.

1. Lord Andros- The quick to anger Merchant lord and Ludd Whitehills exclusive contact in Kings Landing. Mira has been a thorn in his side since Episode 2: The Lost Lords so he's the most obvious suspect for sending Damien.
  2. Lord Rickard Morgryn- The calm Merchant lord that has offered to be an ally for Mira. He clearly has an interest in Mira so he could be Tom's boss he also has a motive for wanting her dead after she got the Ironwood decree.
  3. Lord Garibald Tarwick- The rather flirtatious and playful lord that Sera has attempted to court. His motive for anything is unclear at the moment the only thing we know is that he's attracted to Mira but that doesn't tell us much.
  4. Lyman Lannister- The third cousin that has been working with Andros to build an army for Ludd Whitehill. An unlikely suspect for obvious reasons but he may be smarter and more cunning then he appears he could be playing everyone.

So out of these four people who do you think is Tom's boss and the person who hired Damien? And be sure to clarify if you think they're the same person as far fetched as that might seem. I'm aware that it may be none of these people but they're my suspects.

Comments

• Check THIS out if you want to know who's Tom's boss. Big spoiler warning though.

• I didn't know that was spoiled definitely not looking then, thanks for the spoiler warning.

Pipas posted: »

Check THIS out if you want to know who's Tom's boss. Big spoiler warning though.

• I would say that Lord Andros sent Damien. Damien was there to witness the meeting between the merchants and Mira so I believe thaf he was conveniently placed there by Lord Andros and after the meeting went south for him, he hired Damien to get rid of his competition. Andros already is raising an army for the Whitehills so killing a Forrester would be nothing for him.

I think that Lord Morgryn is Tom's boss. From the very beginning he was very kind and courteous and willing to assist Mira‐ so long as they have the same goals and enemies, which is what it's shaping out to be. Tom had told Mira something along the lines of "there are people who want you to succeed" or whatever. Lord Morgryn is cunning so I think he purposefully told Mira about Andros so she could do just that‐ succeed.

• I'm not looking at the spoilers, so apologies if this is completely wrong...but I've always thought Tom is most likely one of Varys' little birds.

• My bets are on Morgryn. I like him, but he's clearly meant to be a Littlefinger-type character, to Mira's Sansa-type character. So with that dynamic in play, i have to believe that he is trying to maneuver Mira into a position where he has some influence on her and her actions.

I'd say that I'm more sure that he is Tom's boss than i am that he hired Damien to kill her. And as these two actions seem to contradict each other in their aims, i really can't see why he would put both into action.

Maybe it's as simple as, Andros hired Damien without Morgryn's knowledge while they were still partners, and then decided to dump him when Mira failed to appear dead, because he knew that Morgryn had Tom watching her and assumed (correctly) that Morgryn or his employee had helped her. Perhaps that's why he makes the comment to Mira about Morgryn and her being friends?

• Well I thought about that, intersting.

Pipas posted: »

Check THIS out if you want to know who's Tom's boss. Big spoiler warning though.

• We are 4 episodes in and Varys hasn't even been mentioned in passing once

I really don't understand why people think this.

Scaeva posted: »

I'm not looking at the spoilers, so apologies if this is completely wrong...but I've always thought Tom is most likely one of Varys' little birds.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.