If I pre-order it, will I be able to someday transfer that to STEAM?

I figure they're probably going to put this on Steam, and if they do, that's where I want to get it.

That's the only reason I haven't preordered yet is because I'm conflicted over this. I'd like the pre-order deal, and I only have a short time left to decide. Please help if you know anything.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Almost certainly not.
  • edited July 2009
    When will it be coming to Steam?

Do we have any idea of that yet?
  • edited July 2009
    no previous Telltale games have ended up on Steam so very much doubt it

direct download through telltale's website so why steam?
  • edited July 2009
    tmsmyth4 wrote: »
    no previous Telltale games have ended up on Steam so very much doubt it

You're incorrect. Most Telltale games are available for purchase over steam.

To answer the original question - No, you can't transfer a purchase from the Telltale games site over to your steam account.

Telltale allow you to redownload the games at any time via their online services, anyway, plus you opt for the bonus content, so there's really no benefit to the steam purchase anyway.
  • edited July 2009
    wasnt that gametap? i'm probably wrong fair enuf
  • edited July 2009
    Steam is easier to use than telltale in many ways, such as built in chat and the ability to pause downloads.

But you won't be able to transfer. I'm just gonna get every Telltale game on my account here, and although steam would be a bit easier, it's not much of a difference.
  • edited July 2009
    Built in chat makes downloading easier?
  • edited July 2009
    I just barely signed up over here and remembered that I bought the first Sam and Max episode years ago when it first came out. That's how bad I am at keeping track of where I buy digital games.

Steam keeps it all together for me. I should have just bought all the Sam and Max eps on Steam then I would keep it all together.
  • edited July 2009
    tmsmyth4 wrote: »
    wasnt that gametap? i'm probably wrong fair enuf

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=telltale+games

:)
  • edited July 2009
    haha i should get my facts right :p
    Fury wrote: »
    such as built in chat and the ability to pause downloads.

Telltale episodes take minutes to download on most connections, pausing downloads to check these forums can hold off, surely
  • edited July 2009
    And you also have the ability to add ANY game into steam using the "Add non-steam game" button, which will allow you to have the chat and such inside of the telltale games. I've been using it that way while playing Wallace and Gromit.

Edit: Its not linked to your account. Its just a shortcut, that enables the steam overlay in non-steam games.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm very torn. I want to play this game soon - on Steam.

I wish they would announce their plans as to what they're going to do, because I don't really want to buy this twice (I've actually done that with other games on Steam before)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.