Is the traitor in Iron rath...

The Maester?

• We know that someone is revealing information to the whitehills from within.
  • The game only gives you the option to suspect Duncan or Royland
  • The Whitehills have a son that was studying at the citadell whos a brunet. Since the tepestry with the Whitehill family was made before Gryff was born we can probably assume that he has finished his studies.
  • Maesters renounce their family names when becoming maesters. Could the Iron rath maester be him?

I don´t know if it´s true and have hardly any evidence but it would be an awsome reveal if it´s true XD

Comments

• I dont think its the same guy (gywn says it in present tense and how would gryff not know his brother) though I think the maestor is definitely the traitor no one else really makes sense and making it a massive twist that lacks logic is not needed

• 1: The Maesters biography says he's from the Vale. I doubt Teltlale would lie like that.
    2: The Citadel would not send a Whitehill to Ironrath.
    3: Would Gryff really torture his own brother because he didn't treat a wound properly?

There are dozens of other reasons why this is incredibly unlikely. I do believe the Maester to be the traitor however.

• Whilst I'm quiet happy to extend my belief for a good story and over look small factors, I think the idea of the Maester being a Whitehill is too far a stretch. I agree with all of RandomGentlemans points.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.