Launch of the Screaming Narwhal - Archived Anticipation Thread

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited July 2009 in Tales of Monkey Island
This is the archived Anticipation thread from before the game came out!. You might want to visit the current discussion thread, or check out the rest of the Tales of MI forums.

Thought you guys might appreciate an official thread...

faceoff.jpg

Tales of Monkey Island
Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Monkey Island's back after far too long away, returning July 7th with the first of a five-chapter story, "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal." Woo! What will happen? We don't want to tell, but some people love to guess.

When does the game come out: July 7th 2009

It's out!
More info here
Download it!
(that's the demo if you haven't purchased, and it also unlocks to become the full game for those who own it!)

Game's out, woo!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    So excited! "During the day?" Thanks for the info!

Time to play some Grim Fandango and wait...

oh wait, that'll be around 1am my time. Looks like a late night tonight!
  • Woot 2nd post after PorkLord... :D

Can't wait for the official release.
  • edited July 2009
    will it be released at midnight GMT?
  • edited July 2009
    Aw, Sean said on Twitter "a few short hours". A few is only three. But I think I can wait until morning. :)
    patrick206 wrote: »
    Midnight GMT has already passed if I'm not mistaken. I'd estimate that it'll be out somewhere between 8-10AM PST, which is another 9-11 hours from now.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm glad theres an official thread. I can just play it tomorrow morning.
  • It is currently 4:15AM GMT.

>.>

I know my timezones way too well. c.c;
  • edited July 2009
    patrick206 wrote: »

that was 4hrs ago so clearly not:( patience :)
  • edited July 2009
    and when i say gmt i mean mountain daylight
    srry <33
  • edited July 2009
    Ron Gilbert is going to break into Telltale during the night and upload it.
  • Judging by the fact that Jake is in California. I'd assume that IF it is a Midnight release, which may not be likely according tot his post, that it would be Midnight Pacific which is 1AM Mountain, 2AM Central, 3AM Eastern. HOWEVER, it says sometime during the day which to me says after 6-7AM but like I said, that could just be me.
  • edited July 2009
    That image of Guybrush and LeChuck facing off in the rain reminds me of this.

(Someone who's less lazy than me should take this observation to its absurd conclusion in the Photoshop thread.)
  • edited July 2009
    Glad I asked for the 2nd half of the day off tomorrow, as well as the first half of Wednesday. I can't wait :D
  • edited July 2009
    It is currently 4:15AM GMT.

>.>

I know my timezones way too well. c.c;

Actually, it was 0315 GMT. It was 0415 BST.
  • Then why is my Londoner boyfriend always telling me he's 5 hours ahead of me on GMT? ;P *goes to thwap her boyfriend*
  • edited July 2009
    Then why is my Londoner boyfriend always telling me he's 5 hours ahead of me on GMT? ;P *goes to thwap her boyfriend*

In the summer the UK no longer follows GMT. GMT remains static, but the UK is GMT+1 for half the year. Because the rest of the world also goes to summer time at a similar time of the year, it's generally true that London = East Coast + 5.
  • edited July 2009
    woot \o/
  • edited July 2009
    Sighh I was so looking forward to playing it before my brother. But alas you should never expect other people to be as much of an over achiever as yourself and expect something to be released at midnight. :( I've been looking forward to this since beating the last Monkey Island game. I need more! It's an addiction!!!
  • Estel wrote: »
    In the summer the UK no longer follows GMT. GMT remains static, but the UK is GMT+1 for half the year. Because the rest of the world also goes to summer time at a similar time of the year, it's generally true that London = East Coast + 5.

Ah! Gotcha! Thank you for clearing up the confusion. :D
  • edited July 2009
    That banner picture is so pretty I could cry... in fact im having a hard time sitting still from giddiness.... Anyone who has criticized about the lighting and mood should be directed to that image.

Unfortunately for me real life issues are preventing me from purchasing the game right away..... (I so wanted the pre-order stuff too)
  • edited July 2009
    This is the first thing that I have ever pre ordered. Sam and Max I waited till it was released in Australia before I bought it, still have to get season 2. And knowing what I'm like I will proberly end up buying the Wii version of Tales of Monkey Island even though I pre ordered the PC version.
  • edited July 2009
    Can't wait for this to become available. It's been too long, Guybrush Threepwood. I'll have to play some Escape from Monkey Island to distract myself.

Keep it up Telltale! All of these point and click revivals are really great. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Okay it's Midnight on Wednesday 7/7/09. I'm waiting soooooo patiently :)
  • Okay it's Midnight on Wednesday 7/7/09. I'm waiting soooooo patiently :)

It's midnight Eastern...

Telltale is Pacific.
  • edited July 2009
    2pm on Wednesday. I'm going to get some lunch and watch some more Sliders.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh boy! Cant wait! :D
  • edited July 2009
    Gotta love that official screenshot banner; seriously it should be the banner on the main website.
  • edited July 2009
    yea iam in pacific it 9:40PM here
  • edited July 2009
    Lame.
  • edited July 2009
    about 2 hours before it comes out
  • edited July 2009
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    about 2 hours before it comes out

..IF it comes out at midnight, which personally, I'll be suprised(believe me, HAPPY suprised) if it does.
  • edited July 2009
    didnt he say morning

so about 3 - 4 hours more?
  • edited July 2009
    If I had to guess, probably more like 10 or 11 hours more. As someone else said, the Strongbad emails went out at like 9 or 10am PST. Which seems like an appropriate time, as that would probably be a little after some people at Telltale get into work.
  • edited July 2009
    Think 1-4am Australia time.

Europe time I'm not so sure about.
  • edited July 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    We're located on the west coast of North America, where as of this writing it is 8:00 PM on July 6th. There are still many hours until the game comes out, because it won't be released until we all get a good night's sleep and come back into the office tomorrow!

Until then, discuss away! See you guys in the morning...
    Sleep? SLEEP?! And you call yourselves programmers...
  • edited July 2009
    Nearly 7 in the morning here. I was going to stay up until it came out, but I'm failing. Just hope I don't over sleep and miss the release!
  • edited July 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Think 1-4am Australia time.

Yeah, I woke up this morning, thinking to myself,"7th of July?! Sweet!"
    And then realising I have to wait til the 8th. =P
  • edited July 2009
    hammy797 wrote: »
    If I had to guess, probably more like 10 or 11 hours more. As someone else said, the Strongbad emails went out at like 9 or 10am PST. Which seems like an appropriate time, as that would probably be a little after some people at Telltale get into work.

That would suit me just fine, as that's when I would get out of work. Fingers crossed.
  • edited July 2009
    Here I am in Australia - it's been the 7th all day - waiting for you guys to catch up! Can't wait for this... must...keep...going...!
  • edited July 2009
    Hilander wrote: »
    Here I am in Australia - it's been the 7th all day - waiting for you guys to catch up! Can't wait for this... must...keep...going...!

You're going to have to wait another year. Sorry. :p
  • edited July 2009
    Ok I'm going to school now - Monkey Island better be waiting for me when I get back!
This discussion has been closed.