so when will the wii version be available please?

last time i asked this i got a couple guys saying they wish people would stop asking this lol :)
but hey i did a search and cannot find ANY thread titles about TOMI for the wii so i would like to ask, when is the official release date for the wii version of TOMI please?

no users guessing, but if a dev or 2 could give us some answers that would be great!

thanks a lot!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Sorry to tell you this, but not even the wonderful people at Telltale know. It's all up to Nintendo. I'm sure they will announce it on this website as soon as Nintendo let's them know.

I'm kind of wishing I had the patience to wait for the WiiWare version. Having Guybrush on my 40 inch screen with Wiimote and Nunchuck controls sure beats the keyboard and mouse.

My best (and completely unofficial guess) would be the 13th.
  • edited July 2009
    Rasher wrote: »
    I'm kind of wishing I had the patience to wait for the WiiWare version. Having Guybrush on my 40 inch screen with Wiimote and Nunchuck controls sure beats the keyboard and mouse.

Too bad it costs twice the money here in Germany compared to the PC-Version.

It's 7$ = 5€ per episode for the PC (when buying the Complete Season) and 10€ = 14$ for each episode on the Wii.
  • edited July 2009
    PC versions are bought direct from telltale. Wiiware versions are via a 3rd party distributor who will take a cut, so it's not surprising.
  • airair
    edited July 2009
    That's just part of it.

If you would compare the assumed single episode price of 8.95$ vs. 1000 Wii Points (10$) the difference would be just 10%. Nothing i would cry about, so the distribution costs are just 1 measily dollar, which are not the real problem.

But if you buy the season for PC you pay 35$ instead of 50$ worth of points for the Wii Version and save alredy 30% of the costs. That's whats WiiWare can't or won't offer.

And now for people like me beeing in the Euro Zone it get's even worse (or better, depending on the point of view). The Wii Points would not cost 50$ but 50€. Compared to the 35$ which are roughly 25€, you save 50% when buying the PC Version.

And this is just wrong and not like it's supposed to be.

Hey but I'm not complaining, preorderd it for PC and have the advantage of getting a hardcopy DVD at the end of the season while at the same time saving a lot of money :)
  • edited July 2009
    Sorry to tell you this, but not even the wonderful people at Telltale know. It's all up to Nintendo. I'm sure they will announce it on this website as soon as Nintendo let's them know.

My best (and completely unofficial guess) would be the 13th.

I was guessing the 13th too, I can wait, because... sorry to say this, I am not a fan of Monkey Island, but I am willing to play the next adventure game from Telltale, which is why I am getting all four W&G episodes as well.
  • edited July 2009
    jp-30 wrote: »
    PC versions are bought direct from telltale. Wiiware versions are via a 3rd party distributor who will take a cut, so it's not surprising.

The problem is, that the price for Wii/ Nintendo Points is quite unfair in Europe, we have to pay more to get just the same service.

For example when you use iTunes 5$ become 4€, which is very fair!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm in a PAL region too, so I know.

But I'll still be buying Wiiware copies of his game, so I can watch (and help) my wife and kids play through the episodes in the big TV in the lounge.
  • airair
    edited July 2009
    I'll just set up my mac Mini at the TV :) Should work as well. Is there a way to get a WiiMote running on it?
  • edited July 2009
    Are you going to run it though Fusion, Parallels, or a full install of Windows through Bootcamp?

As for the Wii-mote, I don't think that's possible. A wireless game pad might work though :)

Edit: Nunchuck + Guybrush = Ninja Pirate.
  • edited July 2009
    Not as far as I know as you'd need to connect the sensor bar. But a cordless mouse and a tabletop should do the trick.
  • edited July 2009
    thanks for the replies guys!

yeah i will def wait for the wii version as like you said, i wanna play on my big screen, sat on sofa with feet up :)
  • airair
    edited July 2009
    Are you going to run it though Fusion, Parallels, or a full install of Windows through Bootcamp?

As for the Wii-mote, I don't think that's possible. A wireless game pad might work though :)

Edit: Nunchuck + Guybrush = Ninja Pirate.

Fusion it is.

Hmm, I think I'll just have to use my Wireless mouse, just the range did not seem satisfying, the last time i tried it. Probably need an USB-Extension cable to be happy with that solution.

I'm not the gamepad type. I'm really used to a PC mouse and also like the WiiMote thing, cause it's pretty easy to use from the couch.
  • edited July 2009
    i hope it comes out today for wii!!
  • edited July 2009
    badmonk wrote: »

You do realize that it is Tuesday and Wiiware games only come out on Mondays(or I believe Fridays in Europe)
  • edited July 2009
    badmonk wrote: »

I for one would be pretty pissed if it did! i only went and blew my overdraft on a new laptop to aviod the long+painful wait (potentially) for the wii release. My old laptop wouldnt even run a pokemon blue emulator without packing up
Sign in to comment in this discussion.