Malcolm and Asher prediction

edited June 2015 in Game Of Thrones

So in the latest episode Mira learns that Andros, Whitehill's goon, is secretly working on assembling a sellsword army that Lord Whitehill can then use to destroy the Forresters. Malcolm is supposedly the Forrester uncle but he seems somewhat shady to me and his past is unclear. I have a hunch that Malcolm is actually manipulating Asher and trying to use Asher's sellsword connections to raise an army for House Whitehill instead of House Forrester like he claims. I think once they get the army, Malcolm will claim it for House Whitehill and try to convince Asher to join them, using Gwyn as a lure. He may argue that only Asher and Gwyn can stop the feud between the Forresters and Whitehills, and they must unite under one banner once again even if it takes force to get the Forresters to submit. This could also explain why Malcolm is so hostile toward Beskha, because he thinks Asher's fondness for Beskha threatens his plans for Asher and Gwyn.

Maybe it's crazy but come on, it would be a good twist if Malcolm wasn't really who he said he was. My mind immediately went there when Andros mentioned a sellsword army. How many people from the North can be seeking an Essosi army at the same time and go unnoticed? Probably not many.

Even if he isn't raising an army for them, at the very least I think Malcolm could be spying for the Whitehills.

Comments

• Except Malcolm didn't want to leave, he was going on Lady Forrester's orders, wasn't he? I doubt he'd travel to the other side of the world solely to betray his family.

• I highly doubt that it makes little sense Malcolm is Elissas brother they have mostly the same backstory coming from House Branfield so his past is clear. Andros and Lyman have been gathering men for Ludd Asher has zero men so they can't be the same army.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.