Small glitch in new design?

edited October 2006 in Site Support
Hiya,

Nice redesign. But...

In IE anyway I'm getting a thing where you have misaligned floating white boxes. I assume a cell or two in the table has been left at transparent/default background where it should have a solid colour (white) assigned.

ttg1.jpg

ttg2.jpg

Comments

• edited June 2005
    JP,

Thanks for pointing that out. It's actually a caching issue. If you hold down shift and press the refresh button, it will resolve itself. Unfortunately, despite the fact that we are sending a "no-cache" header to the browser, this is going to show itself for a little longer until everyone's cache expires.

Cheers,

Troy
  • edited June 2005
    Good stuff, thanks Troy - I know better & should have tried that first. [:">]
  • edited June 2005
    Also, it seems like the Aliens in the Desert link on the community links page fell out after the new update. I believe that happened with another link earlier aswell, but don't remember which one.
  • edited June 2005
    Hey just a random request, but any chance "Latest Blog" and "Latest Forum" on the main page could link to the blog and forum, respectively? I keep going down there to check for activity, then find there's no easy way to get to the root level of the blogs or the forums without scrolling back up to the top
  • edited June 2005
    Hi Ja2ke,

I'm not sure I understand. The titles of each item are linked to the appropriate place within the Blog and the Forum respectively. For example, the latest blog title "Telltale Interview -- Daniel Herrera" located next to the double arrows is linked to the blog about Daniel Herrera. The same applies for the forum. Is this what you mean?

Cheers,

Troy
  • edited June 2005
    Oops, I realized I was insane after I wrote the post, sorry!

I just always see those recent entries linked and then think "I wonder what else I missed" and want to go to the forums right away and for some reason I try to click the "latest forums" link to do that. I don't think other people think that way though. So, don't mind me!
  • edited October 2006
    Hi,

Great redesign! The store is especially lovely.

I think I found another glitch: Pop-up images seem to center vertically based on the browser window size, instead of just the visible viewport. In my case, the top part of images is hidden by Firefox's toolbars. When I switch to full screen more, they appear correctly centered.
  • edited October 2006
    Bumping a thread from 2005?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Thanks for the info, Salty-Horse. We'll take a look at that.

I am not getting pop-up boxes for screenshots at all, using Firefox on my home machine. Is anyone else having this problem? It's always worked on my computer at work.

(Also, I will split the new part of this thread away from the old part just as soon as someone gives me admin privileges. :D)
  • edited October 2006
    This is what it looks like in my browser (Avant):

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8972/telltalepicturepopupavaye1.jpg
    edited October 2006
    Yuck. That's not quite right. :(
  • edited October 2006
    Hadn't noticed it was an old thread. :)

I didn't mean pop-up as in ... pop-up, but the image overlay thingy (I believe it's also called LightBox - http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/ )

Screenshot of my browser:
    http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4602/telltaleud5.png
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    ja2ke wrote: »
    Hey just a random request, but any chance "Latest Blog" and "Latest Forum" on the main page could link to the blog and forum, respectively? I keep going down there to check for activity, then find there's no easy way to get to the root level of the blogs or the forums without scrolling back up to the top

Whoa blast from the past. Or rather, me from the past!

As for the media browser pop-ups currently exploding and falling all over the place in IE, this is being looked into.
  • edited October 2006
    Legolas813 wrote: »
    This is what it looks like in my browser (Avant):

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8972/telltalepicturepopupavaye1.jpg

Yup, same here. I'm using IE 7. (And no, that doesn't mean I deserve it ;) )

--Erwin
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Whoa blast from the past. Or rather, me from the past!
    Ha! It seems the whiner has become the whinee!

Also, apparently I was all the rage back then:
    troy wrote: »
    For example, the latest blog title "Telltale Interview -- Daniel Herrera" located next to the double arrows is linked to the blog about Daniel Herrera.
    I bet that was the reason you were so eager to consult the blogs back then. Right?
    edited October 2006
    I didn't mean pop-up as in ... pop-up, but the image overlay thingy

Yeah, we're talking about the same thing. I keep calling it a pop-up even though it's really not.

Also I'm not going to bother splitting this thread in half, due to Jake's funny moment of self-awareness.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    DanH wrote: »
    I bet that was the reason you were so eager to consult the blogs back then. Right?

Surely thats what I was looking for (though as you may note, I apparently didn't care to comment at the time).
This discussion has been closed.