Whose Going to Die?

This is GoT after all - (only Arya and Sansa seem protected) - as for the Telltale Game it seems Talia will probably survive the season - but I have this strong feeling that Rodrik and/or Gared are going to die - I would be surprised if Gared was captured by Frostfinger and executed for breaking his vows - considering Frostfinger is a character exclusive to the House Forrestor side story he should therefore have a main role in Gared's story - and its quite possible he could die.

I don't see Ryon dying either - well for one thing even Telltale's TWD didn't kill children that young on-screen - though Ethan was killed in the debut episode so there may be a small chance of him dying - however since he's spent most of his time off-screen as a hostage its unlikely TT will use him as a disposable plot device - so therefore its 90% unlikely Ryon is going to die.

Duncan and Royland both have around 50%-60% chance of dying I think; (personally I do think the traitor is likely to be the Maester, if not him then Duncan - Royland just seems too hotheaded for intrigue).

I actually do think Mira is going to survive - and possibly even return for the second season.

The possibility of Rodrik's death continues to persist within my thoughts, I think he will probably die in the S1 finale (then again it would be weird to have three Forrestor lords die in one season...). With the arrival of Ramsay Snow and Ludd Whitehill's earlier indication that his own house might be under trouble from the Boltons - I do think there could be an opportunity to form trade negotiations with them that could place House Forrestor above the Whitehills (I chose not to burn the Ironwood Decree but there hasn't been any indication so far of what consequences this might or even might not have) - though dealing with Ramsay is another issue entirely... as much as I wanted to yell 'get away from my sister' or 'state your business' its evident this series will not have a happy ending with regards to avenging Ethan (Ramsay has plot armor plus his family rules the North) and so I greeted him as diplomatically as I could (if I can't kill him I might as well try to ally with him for the greater good of re-securing House Forrester's position in the Ironwood business).

And perhaps it might be possible to sway him against the Whitehills (their not monsters, Ep.4 did humanize them, which did make them look more vulnerable, maybe the shield they enjoyed being bannermen of the Boltons is starting to fall apart - I do wonder if there will be some kind of choice between utterly annihilating House Whitehill or simply subduing it. When Ethan died I did swear I would destroy everything Ludd held dear (though I refrained from hitting Gryff more than 3 times - both because that wasn't the kind of ruler I wanted to be plus I realized his family still had Ryon).

I don't think Asher will die... there's a chance he might return to Ironrath with an army - but I think Rodrik is far more likely to die - he's currently mocked as 'Rodrik the Ruined' but maybe after Ep.6 when he dies (murdered, makes a sacrifice, etc) he'll probably be remembered in a more honorable light - he will likely die but no longer be remembered as 'the Ruined' but as something else (maybe dependent on player choice).

Asher might achieve some form of redemption in helping his House (being exiled and likely disinherited) - the theme of family is quite prevalent in TT's GoT.

It would be so cool to see Whitehill sellswords suddenly clashing with Asher's contingent of the Second Sons as both approach Ironrath - an epic battle could ensue.

Maybe Rodrik dies, Asher survives - but has no desire to rule - and Talia becomes the next Lord of House Forrestor (could be interesting having a female head, marriages would have to be matrilineal to ensure the next generation would be of the Forrestor dynasty) - I do wonder with the likelihood of Asher surviving would be settle back in Ironrath or return to Essos... his position is quite interesting (though in my playthrough his banishment would technically be uplifted since I had Ethan consent to bringing him back).

I really hope this 'North Grove' can help House Forrester somehow - through from the Ep.5 teaser we're told its not what we think it might be (so its not a secret forest within a forest with a hidden citadel? And of course, there are no actual Ice Dragons...) - with only 2 episodes left I really do wonder how exactly something so far off from the wall (and from Ironrath) is it going to save the Forrestors - Asher is securing the army, Mira is securing the coin, Rodrik is securing his rule - I really do wonder where Gared's role comes in.... it still doesn't have a discernible function to serve the Forrester's current situation - the North Grove is unlikely to be some kind of Deus ex Machina device either - though I do wonder if the late Gregor Forrester actually saw it for himself (the game can't break the HBO canon - so that North Grove is probably not related to the Whitewalkers or actual dragons since that would definitely be something important to the TV series - then again the front cover for Sons of Winter portrayed Whitewalkers even though they didn't originally appear in the game - maybe they were meant to originally?)

Yes, I believe Rodrik and Gared are the two most likely to die towards the end of Ep.6 (and maybe Frostfinger, Cotter and Finn).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.