Things to do while waiting

OK so I have my Email client open ready for the signal to join the queue of downloaders (I reckon the server is going to have a hard time at least) so in the mean time Im thinking of doing other things while I wait... So far I have played a bunch of Sid Meier's Pirates, and been reading these forums.

Im looking for preferrably legal piratey themed things to do/games to play to get me in the swashbuckling mood, Wallace and Gromit just doesn't cut the mustard.

I really wish I could find my copy of Tropico 2....

Any suggestions anyone?

On a side note, what are the chances they would torrent the game? Im reasonably new to Telltale games so I don't really know the order of service...

Hmmm....

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Drinking Coffee and eating toast... of course, back in the day would of been a slice of pizza and a beer (or opened beer from the night before... ewwwwww)
  • edited July 2009
    I'm playing a bit of Toki Tori on my iPod (0,99$ Sale) and watch Case Closed on Youtube :)
  • edited July 2009
    too bad there isn't a count down clock to look at
  • edited July 2009
    I'm eating cheesecake, twiddling my thumbs, and frantically trying to fix my PC so I can actually play the game when it comes out :(
  • edited July 2009
    Hmm Toast you say Amazonnia... its lunchtime I guess... to toast or not to toast THAT is the question....

Funny, My girlfriend has just gone to Rome for 5 days (nice timing with MI coming out :D) and she has left me her iPhone, I may just check out Toki Tori.

No cheesecake here, what flavour cheesecake you got there? And what probs you having with your PC? perhaps these landlubbers can help?
  • edited July 2009
    Host a weenie roast.
  • edited July 2009
    Heh, nice MI reference there Pork ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Well the wait is long... will do some daily's in WoW.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm playing some Rise of Nations with the CMI soundtrack on in the background. Wish they had a countdown though, would make it a lot easier to know when to jump on the computer instead of wasting the day waiting for it to drop.
  • edited July 2009
    Borginator wrote: »
    No cheesecake here, what flavour cheesecake you got there? And what probs you having with your PC? perhaps these landlubbers can help?

Passion fruit cheesecake. And I'm not going to lie - it is beyond awesome. You haven't lived until you've eaten cheesecake while having a hot shower.

I don't know what's wrong with the computer, it won't boot up and is just showing a stupid DOS screen. It hasn't BSOD'd, but google isn't turning up anything helpful either :(

Anyone here using bootcamp on mac?
  • edited July 2009
    Heh, you make a good point Rezzo however it's not like any of us have anything better to do... I mean, what could be better than waiting for ToMI? (other than playing ToMI or possibly eating the passion fruit cheesecake)
  • edited July 2009
    Get some fresh air
    play some racketball
    start a funk band
    wash your car
    cook dinner
    travel to a foreign country
    run for president
    talk to a member of the opposite sex
    lube your car
    host a weenie roast
    dig for buried treasure
    milk a cow
    have a yelling contest with your neighbour's dog
    perform brain surgery
    paint a yellow line in the centre of your driveway
    write your name in the snow
    skateboard on war memorials
    cheat
    teach basket weaving to clams
    sing welsh folk songs at the bank
    plant trees on public property
    join a cult
    confuse the person next to you
    make a triangular table
    hop, skip and jump
    ride a train
    organise your sock drawer alphabetically
    congregate in gangs
    go bowling with your mom
    train potato bugs to do tricks
    wear sunscreen
    make a quilt
    publish a magazine about pencil shavings
    eat lime jello with pineapple in it
    pave a freeway
    learn to draw
    take up photography
    learn to tell time
    photocopy money
    go out for pasta
    sew a dress
    bathe your iguana
    go fishing
    paint a stranger's house in the middle of the night
    take up windsurfing
    change your hair style
    sharpen your whiteboard markers
    feed a toucan
    enjoy the sun
    do a crossword puzzle
    buy some cool clothes
    visit a public library
    go to the beach
    play croquet with your dad
    water your plants
    build a doll house
    invite some friends over for salmon and white wine
    . . . Anything!
    Just bugger off
  • edited July 2009
    Hehe, in all seriousness though I'm playing Mass Effect!

Maybe I should play some COMI...
  • edited July 2009
    Borginator wrote: »
    Funny, My girlfriend has just gone to Rome for 5 days (nice timing with MI coming out :D) and she has left me her iPhone, I may just check out Toki Tori.

Damn, my girlfriend comes back at about 5 today after being away, ill have to show her some attension even though all i want to do is play Monkey Island.
  • edited July 2009
    Play Pirates
  • edited July 2009
    I have whipped out Grim Fandango and playing it :p
  • edited July 2009
    I'm waiting while waiting. You?
  • edited July 2009
    Im going to play all the monkey island games lol
  • edited July 2009
    Drink some grog and mix it with head-b-clear, when you wake up TMI should be out.
  • edited July 2009
    Currently at work but waiting for the email to say its available to download then once I get home I'll be straight on that computer and god knows when I'll be off it lol
  • edited July 2009
    I recommend watching this a few times
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9my0tsutw
  • edited July 2009
    i could play: overlord 2, prototype, call of juarez bound in blood, trine, ghostbusters. but i rather scan the forums now! hehehe
  • edited July 2009
    el_rezzo wrote: »
    I recommend watching this a few times
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9my0tsutw

Good call El_rezzo, the sea combat was my favorite part of CMI!
  • edited July 2009
    pipi2 wrote: »
    i could play: overlord 2, prototype, call of juarez bound in blood, trine, ghostbusters. but i rather scan the forums now! hehehe

Prototype was great fun, would be the perfect game to make the wait seem shorter. Nothing more enjoyable than fighting your way into a huge pack of infected and army and setting off the tentacle barrage.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.