It's been 7th of July for 21 hours in Australia

Can't I download this already? Surely Telltale servers run on world time not typical U.S. time.....

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I think, everyone will have to wait for the west coast time zone sonce that's where the head company is. I know I thought myself at midnight it would be downloadable.
  • edited July 2009
    im actually shaking with excitement and i live in melbourne they should have released it for us already
  • edited July 2009
    okay so how much longer do we have to wait? What time is it on the west coast?
  • edited July 2009
    jjuju wrote: »
    im actually shaking with excitement and i live in melbourne they should have released it for us already

Shaking from excitement or the unbelievably chilly temperature you are currently living in? ;) I'm up in Brisvegas.
  • edited July 2009
    Nope, U.S. time. Side-effect due to their rapid episodic content making ways. They do it this way to test bugs and junk while making sure if an issue arrives they're actually on to fix it.
  • edited July 2009
    west coast it's 4 am (july 7th)
  • edited July 2009
    It's about 4.15 am in TellTale land...so reckon on another 5 or 6 hours or so.

Not long at all, considering how long Monkey fans have been waiting so far.

Deep breaths
  • edited July 2009
    What, you guys don't have access to the secret Australian-only server for early downloads?
  • edited July 2009
    Well if it's 4am on the westcoast why can't we get it? How do we get notified? Do we have to go to telltale site every minute? Unlike Steam it becomes 'available' through their client for games.

I'm in Brisbane myself and it's bloody freezing here!! like 4 degrees!!
  • edited July 2009
    You can get the daily "Telltale alerts" subscription and they'll email you when it's out.
  • edited July 2009
    I don't recall that option when I pre-ordered?

Honestly, if it's avail 7th July U.S. time then where is it? I'm not being annoying but I want to have a play before I go to bed tonight...
  • edited July 2009
    Hate to rain on your parade but it looks like some of you will be getting it (early morning on the 8th)
  • edited July 2009
    Had they released it at midnight for Australia, it would've been out on the 6th in the US, their release dates have always meant the afternoon of that date for their time zone.
  • edited July 2009
    why do you say that Amazonia?
  • edited July 2009
    They're an American company so they're on American time. I'm glad we're even getting it at the same time as everyone else, and at the same price.

Canberra's the cold capital of Australia... and the normal capital, I guess, so I'm the only one allowed to complain. Okay? Okay! I was looking at the weather, and it's like ten degrees warmer in Brisbane than it is here at the moment.

Actually, I think Ballarat is colder than Canberra. I was there for a couple of nights recently, and the only time I was truely warm was when I got the real on the second night.
  • edited July 2009
    'world time'?
  • edited July 2009
    Because in telltale land, went to bed 4 hours ago. I wonder if the staff were able to sleep ?
  • edited July 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Canberra's the cold capital of Australia... and the normal capital, I guess, so I'm the only one allowed to complain. Okay? Okay! I was looking at the weather, and it's like ten degrees warmer in Brisbane than it is here at the moment.

That's all fair and good... BUT in Brisbane, we aren't used to it being this cold!! So both the cold and the 'holy crap it's cold' factor play a part.

Stanthorpe is also pretty damn buttfreezingly cold this time of year methinks...
  • edited July 2009
    well you may have to "wait longer", but at least you live in one of the most desirable places in the world. so many people wanna move to australia!
  • edited July 2009
    Must suck living in Oz - deep in the middle of winter, and no Christmas to break the monotony till mid-summer
  • edited July 2009
    Some people's grasp of time zones is astonishing. :P
  • edited July 2009
    Stanthorpe's in Queensland. Everthing's always above 30 degrees in Queensland. I think there's a law about it or something. :)

I'm more concerned about Thredbo. I think it's below freezing up there right now.

Also, Casey Station in Antarctica. I bet it's even colder than Thredbo.
    Must suck living in Oz - deep in the middle of winter, and no Christmas to break the monotony till mid-summer
    The summer holidays coincide with Christmas and it doesn't get that cold in winter UNLESS YOU LIVE IN THE SNOWY WASTES OF CANBERRA -- what's not to like?

(disclaimer: It rarely snows in Canberra)
  • edited July 2009
    Why would people want to move here for? It's too hot in summer, politicians have made everything too expensive. Greed has made it too expensive for housing the list goes on.....

Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhh where's me game already!

how old are you noobs? I'm 34 and I played these games when they first game out. So i'm old OLD school.
  • edited July 2009
    Um... so? (not to be callous, but let me ease your pain here)

The time zones of elsewhere in the world are completely irrelevant. Here, we are on telltale time.

As of this post its only 7:30AM here on the eastern US coast, which means its still 4:30AM on the west coast (AKA telltale time)... So, um, seriously, find a way to tide your time.

Take a hint from an old master... find something constructive to do, (like chores, something you have been putting off, read a book, etc.) During this time, refresh the home page about once every 20 minutes. Some time around noon, the page will go down for maintenance. This is the time when you can get excited. The page will be down for about 20 minutes, when it comes back up, the game will be out. (you can also check your email during this time for your "new game released" email)
  • edited July 2009
    Because the women are hot and it's good for the wang
  • edited July 2009
    rrrocket wrote: »
    Why would people want to move here for? It's too hot in summer, politicians have made everything too expensive. Greed has made it too expensive for housing the list goes on.....

Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhh where's me game already!

how old are you noobs? I'm 34 and I played these games when they first game out. So i'm old OLD school.

i did have to laugh when you called the other noobs and in the same sentence said you were 34 :D

why do people wanna move to australia? well im sitting here in germany (which is pretty nice as well) and of course you get the impression that australia has vast expanses of nature, interesting animals, it all looks so laid back. not that many people around etc. then again, living there might be waay different than from the stuff you see about australia on the TV. my mom checks house prices for hobby and she said houses in australia were really cheap compared to those in Germany, especially near/inside cities like Munich.

im 27 btw and i did play these games when they first came out as well. monkey island 1 was actually the first game my dad bought me.
  • edited July 2009
    Why would people want to move here for? It's too hot in summer, politicians have made everything too expensive.

As much as I do love living in Australia, the tax on drinks is rediculous.

That, and the fact they are preventing an introduction of a R18+ rating for games is just silly.
  • edited July 2009
    Well it would be nice to have been told all these little things wouldn't it.

I didn't know it was telltale land time. It doesn't say what time on 7th July. And I didn't know they'd be emailing me saying it's available.

communicate :)

arrrrrrrgghhhhhhhh
  • edited July 2009
    going 39 in a month
  • edited July 2009
    Why wouldn't it be their time? The world doesn't revolve around Australia.
  • edited July 2009
    Gizzit wrote: »

it's not as bad as it seems, what's the point of having good warm weather now if im just going to be inside all cozy with a cup of coffee playing ToMI :p

our summer is great as well though, mainly because of what girls wear out in public. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Well it would be nice to have been told all these little things wouldn't it.

I didn't know it was telltale land time. It doesn't say what time on 7th July. And I didn't know they'd be emailing me saying it's available.

communicate :)

arrrrrrrgghhhhhhhh

lol, don't worry, its taken me almost 2 years to get their pattern down... but on some days, there is just no predicting telltale.

But the easiest way to get the game, is to use the "your games" page at the top. After the site comes back up, head right to the page, and Ep. 1 should be ready for download.
  • edited July 2009
    ^^ At least I'm not the only Canberran in here.
    Why wouldn't it be their time? The world doesn't revolve around Australia.
    Yes it does. We get cinema releases of major major films at 12AM (2hrs after NZ gets it first, and over 14hrs ahead of the US).
  • edited July 2009
    Tax on alcohol is ridiculous.
    Tax on petrol is ridiculous causing EVERYTHING to go up.
    Everything goes up here except out wage.

Yes it is silly they won't introduce R18+ for games. Games make more $$ than movies these days.
  • edited July 2009
    Aractus wrote: »
    ^^ At least I'm not the only Canberran in here.
    Cool! That doesn't happen very often.

I think things should be released at the same time worldwide. I understand that that it's frustrating to get things later than you think, but what reason would there to be to believe that an American company would operate on Australia time?
  • edited July 2009
    Aractus wrote: »
    Yes it does. We get cinema releases of major major films at 12AM (2hrs after NZ gets it first, and over 14hrs ahead of the US).

Which means that your theaters operate on Australian time, which is what you'd expect. In this case the "theater" is in California.
  • edited July 2009
    What's this nonsense about having to wait longer? You've had to wait the same length of time as everyone else. If it got released earlier to account for Australian time, you'd have had to wait LESS time!
  • edited July 2009
    Exactly!
  • edited July 2009

37. So shush, kiddo.
  • edited July 2009
    never said we have to wait longer.

Just saying it should be better communicated who's time exactly.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.