Change language to English

The game's text is showing up in Spanish, is there any way to change them to English?

I have the GOG version.

(And yes, my system is in Spanish).

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

In order to have the in-game language in English, your system language will need to be switched to English during the installation process, as the language the game is installed to, is based on what language your computer is currently set to at the time of installation.

• Thank you!
    Although that didn't work at first, I found out an an option in Windows 8.1 that lets you change the language with which non-Unicode programs are to be installed. After setting that option to English, the game installed itself in said language.

In order to have the in-game language in English, your system language will need to be switched to English during the installation process,

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

colt92 posted: »

Thank you! Although that didn't work at first, I found out an an option in Windows 8.1 that lets you change the language with which non-Uni

• Is this for real?

So I only have to uninstall the game, change the local for the whole system, re-download 6 GB of data, install the game and change the locale back to what it was before?
    Totally straight forward. Easy-peasy. It's not like I had anything else planned with my day...

Sorry, but why can't you implement an option to change the language from within the game?
    You've done that with GoT and TWD, if I remember correctly. Games have been doing that for decades.
    Sure, TWAU is older then either GoT or TWD, but this would be the kind of thing that one fixes when preparing the game for release on a new platform (here: GOG).

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

My apologies for any difficulties caused by this. I will make sure to pass your feedback and interest in changing the language implementation along to the team.

esque posted: »

Is this for real? So I only have to uninstall the game, change the local for the whole system, re-download 6 GB of data, install the game

• Well, I tried that. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as expected.

I download and installed the game via GOG Galaxy, and as long as I have the region set to US, the game displays the text in English. As soon as I switch back to German the text is German again.

So when using GOG Galaxy changing the region during install is NOT enough. You have to keep the region set to US all the time. But that is not an option, as that would give the wrong response to other programs that query the region setting.

So now I downloaded the game twice for nothing. Good job, Telltale & GOG!

In order to have the in-game language in English, your system language will need to be switched to English during the installation process,

• Ok, now I downloaded the installer from GOG directly, uninstalled the game from within GOG Galaxy, set the region to US, installed the game (checked that the text was in English), set the region back to Germany and... German text again.

So the only way to get English text is to set the region to US permanently. But this is a no-go as it would affect other programs as well.

Well, I tried that. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as expected. I download and installed the game via GOG Galaxy, and as long as I have t

• Aaaand last update: GOG added a language selector, at least for GOG Galaxy.
    So we can now play in whatever language we like.

Ok, now I downloaded the installer from GOG directly, uninstalled the game from within GOG Galaxy, set the region to US, installed the game

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game in your preferred language!

Aaaand last update: GOG added a language selector, at least for GOG Galaxy. So we can now play in whatever language we like.

This discussion has been closed.