I just started playing Curse of Monkey Island again and...

And I think this hand-drawn style still stands as the very BEST for this franchise. I'm excited about what they have done for TMI, but this looks awesome.

My only wish was that it would be re-transfered in HD with true-color. I can tell it was drawn at a higher resolution. Is this possible?

Anyway, this style is fantastic.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I just started playing it again on my phone last night, the smaller screen made the resolution just look beautiful! And my N97 has a very nice screen that helps :)

I'm surprised how many CMI haters there are out there, I think CMI is the best in the series (so far!!!)
  • edited July 2009
    ok, wait a minute, can this work on the iPhone? Does it have to be a jailbroken phone?

And I absolutely love this game. It's the one that one me over to the franchise, and I'd played them all before.
  • edited July 2009
    It's definitely my favourite, problem is I've played it so many times I fly through it in a few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AawQvD8L_h4
    classic XD
    I still remember how long it took me to get passed that point in the game.
  • edited July 2009
    Curse of Monkey Island is my fav as well. :) Why would people hate on it? (I don't normally go on forums, and i'm the only person i know who plays monkey island so i honestly have no idea...) But the first 3 games are brilliant!

However, i'm happy to hate on Escape from monkey island... gah! actually... don't even get me started :(
  • edited July 2009
    CMI is my favourite monkey island game It was my first one to I played
  • edited July 2009
    Curse is nowhere near my favorite, but of all the games I think it's the one that has "aged" the best. For me, it goes "LeChuck's Revenge, Secret, Curse, Escape", with Escape still being pretty damn good, with only a few particularly annoying hiccups holding it back.

The thing about hand-drawn graphics is that it puts a restraint on cinematics. Other than those opening and ending scenes, how many changes of perspective did we get?
  • edited July 2009
    Curse of Monkey Island is my fav as well. :) Why would people hate on it? (I don't normally go on forums, and i'm the only person i know who plays monkey island so i honestly have no idea...) But the first 3 games are brilliant!

However, i'm happy to hate on Escape from monkey island... gah! actually... don't even get me started :(

They hate it cause Ron Gilbert didn't do it. Wah. I love the game. Awesome animation..Perfect voice-casting, great music..And it was funny. I was a little 'meh' about the art style when I first got it, as did many others, but it grew on me. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Best game of all time, period.
  • edited July 2009
    Curse has some pretty esoteric puzzles, though.
  • edited July 2009
    My favorite, and the best style. It holds up great aswell compared to other games. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Oh, I see.. Thanks :) And I agree with you, CoMI is just a great big bundle of win!
  • edited July 2009
    My favourite too, just love the art style and like Tacobob said, perfect voiceover work.
  • edited July 2009
    I love Curse of Monkey Island. It isn't a patch on LeChuck's Revenge, but it's still a wonderful, wonderful game and a worthy sequel. It's the last game in the series to really capture the Monkey Island feel. So far. But perhaps Tales of Monkey Island will take that title very soon!
  • edited July 2009
    CMI is by far my favorite..partly because it's the first one I ever played, but also the drawing style is just charming and unforgettable. It just goes so well with the atmosphere of the games.
    Another thing I love about it is the voice acting by Dominic Armato, he's just the perfect Guybrush :D
  • edited July 2009
    For me it's definitely ; Curse > Secret > Revenge > Escape
    I do still love Escape, I only didn't like the monkey robot and the rocks puzzle on monkey island >_<

Revenge should be higher just for one lulzy memory from when I was 5/6 years old. I was playing for the first or second time, probably loaded up my mams save or something ^_^ I just sent Guybrush over to Elaine's for the fancy dress party, saw the LeChuck costume and freaked out XD I was fooled and I was a sensitive soul, I didn't play again for a few more years ^_^ True story.
  • edited July 2009
    Haha, love the story Marill.

I use to be terrified of the nagivators head. But i loved captain dread, and would watch him stare into nothingness for a while before i disturbed him, cause i knew i wouldn't get to see his face again :(
  • edited July 2009
    Revenge, Curse, Secret... haven't played Escape yet :P

Curse was the first PC game I actually bought , as the PC my dad bought for the house came "preloaded" with tons of games including Revenge, Indy Fate of Atlantis and Day of the Tentacle. I only finished Secret this year for the first time :D
  • edited July 2009
    ok, wait a minute, can this work on the iPhone? Does it have to be a jailbroken phone?

Yes and yes, although I haven't tried it
  • edited July 2009
    CMI was my first, so I'm biased...and it remains my favorite.
  • edited July 2009
    Kyote wrote: »
    CMI was my first, so I'm biased...and it remains my favorite.

Though I know really want to know the secret of monkey island according to Gilbert :mad:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.