GameTap trailers spoil way too many puzzles

edited October 2006 in Sam & Max
This is just a frustration of mine and I felt like I needed to say something. GameTap was showing a good number of different video trailers for Culture Shock before the game was released. I don't mind that they are advertising the game, but their trailers just have so many puzzle spoilers.

I'm going to have to close my eyes from now on when Gametap trailers are playing for future episodes. I mean with Culture Shock, I already knew what was going to happen and how to solve the puzzles for half of the game.

The Telltale trailer was much better at showing off the game and didn't spoil any of the puzzles.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Really? I only noticed one...

I have to say though, that this is NOT specific to Sam & Max.

The trailer they have for Myst is another example. Seriously. If you haven't beaten Myst, don't watch GameTap's trailer.
  • edited October 2006
    Really? I only noticed one...

I have to say though, that this is NOT specific to Sam & Max.

The trailer they have for Myst is another example. Seriously. If you haven't beaten Myst, don't watch GameTap's trailer.

Uh, if you haven't beat Myst, maybe you should watch the trailer. I've been yet to be convinced that it's possible to play through Myst without a walkthrough and maintain your sanity.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Thanks for the feedback. We have talked to GameTap about this issue and they're going to try to avoid it for future episodes. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.