Forum is crashing...

Tear these walls down!!! Thousands of addicts mashing the F5. Give them hell!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Then stop making new topics! XD
  • edited July 2009
    lol - I love new releases like this where you have genuine fans chatting amongst themselves getting very excited.
  • edited July 2009
    It is almost july 8th here in Norway now... PLEASE give us the game! Or all give you MONKEYS!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Stop posting, now I have to hit F5 three times for each single mouse click! ;)
  • edited July 2009
    I'm not gonna stop making new topics lol! It's my way of showing appreciation so in the future TTG staff can go like: "Remember when we released ToMI and people went nuts and crashed the forum".

This is a day to remember!
  • edited July 2009
    Yikes! Our database is having some issues, so to prevent you from seeing the horror that lies within (within the site, that is), we've decided to show you this calming page instead. Just let the neutral grey wash over your subconscious, cleaning away the slimy plaque that is worry, and the calcium scale that is doubt.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm not gonna stop making new topics lol! It's my way of showing appreciation so in the future TTG staff can go like: "Remember when we released ToMI and people went nuts and crashed the forum".

This is a day to remember!

Wonderful, isn't it?
  • edited July 2009
    plrichard wrote: »
    Wonderful, isn't it?

Yup, best xmas evar!
  • edited July 2009
    I just had the database error message as I was going from one topic to the other, by 5pm (GMT time) this forum I could see go offline due to the amount of traffic
  • edited July 2009
    teh internetz is esploding!
  • edited July 2009
    The crash would only mean:
    A) Sales, sales and sales
    2) Other MI games
    %) Other LucasArts games
    §) I like cakes
  • edited July 2009
    Come on, crash it harder! Moar poasts!
  • edited July 2009
    The excitement here is unreal, nothing like a new Adventure game!
  • edited July 2009
    I hope it about time :)
  • edited July 2009
    Stop hitting F5!!1111111!11!1! You are crashing the little tiny forums hehe.
  • vizviz
    edited July 2009
    Once they release the episode it may be prudent to shut down the forums for a couple of hours... ;)
  • edited July 2009
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Stop hitting F5!!1111111!11!1! You are crashing the little tiny forums hehe.

Ok, let's press Refresh button on Mozilla instead :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2009
    I have now proceeded to the next level, I have 5 windows open at once, taking turns hitting the F5.
  • edited July 2009
    I have now proceeded to the next level, I have 5 windows open at once, taking turns hitting the F5.

Genius!
  • edited July 2009

It looks funny, I'm gonna do this.
  • edited July 2009
    LOL, couldn't this actually be a detriment to them uploading it onto the server?
  • edited July 2009
    Well not only the forum was down, but also the site has a lovely database error screen :)

Yikes! Our database is having some issues, so to prevent you from seeing the horror that lies within (within the site, that is), we've decided to show you this calming page instead. Just let the neutral grey wash over your subconscious, cleaning away the slimy plaque that is worry, and the calcium scale that is doubt.
  • edited July 2009
    Yep, when the site crashs, you know who to talk...
  • edited July 2009
    i should put a brick on my f5 key...for maximum refresh power. muahahhahahaha
  • edited July 2009
    Also keep trying this link. Assuming they use the same naming scheme as with all their other games.

Charlie
  • edited July 2009
    Other than annoying people who are just here to find information (and possibly the telltale people) the crashing of the server really shouldnt delay anything.. but hey, who knows - crashing the server may just delay the release... or maybe they'll just ban some IPs for denial of servicing :P
  • edited July 2009
    Also keep trying this link. Assuming they use the same naming scheme as with all their other games.

Charlie

i tried that earlier...it didnt work for me :( they mustve known id try some trickery!
  • edited July 2009
    i think the forums have gotten 10 times worse in the last five minutes...maybe i should remove the brick from the f5 key?
  • edited July 2009
    Hahaha I like the angle you have all taken with this forum crashing business... we're doing them a favour, right?

You know it took 2 refreshes to load this page...
  • edited July 2009
    PorkLord wrote: »
    Hahaha I like the angle you have all taken with this forum crashing business... we're doing them a favour, right?

You know it took 2 refreshes to load this page...

two? im having to do 4 or 5 now lol
  • edited July 2009
    Really, what's the point of intentionally crashing the site/forum? That's called a server attack, not a sign of popularity. C'mon guys, let people enjoy the forums as long as they hold up without you trying to crash it, that's just lame.
  • edited July 2009
    they should wait til its like 4 or 5 their time haha...just to watch everybody on here freak out more(not that im not one of them)
  • edited July 2009
    you've created a monster, Telltale!... Mwahahahahaaa.... errr. well done :)
  • edited July 2009
    TestType wrote: »
    Really, what's the point of intentionally crashing the site/forum? That's called a server attack, not a sign of popularity. C'mon guys, let people enjoy the forums as long as they hold up without you trying to crash it, that's just lame.

no, its called a denial of service attack lol
  • edited July 2009
    shref wrote: »
    two? im having to do 4 or 5 now lol

yeah never mind that... I'm just going to give up on the forums for now :P That is if this post goes through, I'm going to copy it just in case xD

edit - that was hard
  • edited July 2009
    if everyone stop refreshing all the time, things will be better.
    do you have to have the game the first second it comes out?
    I really want it today, aye, but its not worth crashing the server to try getting it :P
  • edited July 2009
    i nip to the shop, i'm gone half an hour and when i got back the forum and sight had crashed!!!!

was very frustrating, i dont think i've been this excited gamewise since i found out i was getting Monkey Island 2 for my 10th bday... ah the joys of 12 disks and an amiga 500
  • edited July 2009
    Of course since their shop and purchace authentication system is tied into the forum system, this denial of service you're doing could actually end up harming everyone :) Oh well, I hope they get it all sorted out soon, can't wait to get to gaming.
  • edited July 2009
    You broke it! :-)
  • edited July 2009
    It's back!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.