Monkey In My Pocket - Karaoke!

I know that it's a hard waiting time...
I've been singing this song for a couple of hours now, it's kinda stuck at the back of my brain...so I thought "Let's share this with the world!"
(yes, I am extreeeeeemly evil)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ynmnnujhzj2

Lyrics:

Oh there's a
Monkey in my pocket
And he's stealing all my change.
His stare is blank and glassy
I suspect that he's deranged.

Those slimy feet, those crooked teeth
The drooling and the smell
If I didn't know any better
I'd say that I'm in hell !

Chorus:
Oh Monkey,
You clinge on to me,
Please go to where monkeys like you should be!

I ran away, far away
As far as I could
The monkey kept clinging on to me
Just like fire on wood.

I poked it's head, I bit it's tail
I yelled and I screamed,
Please Voodoo Lady help me now
Get rid of this freakin' thing!

Chorus (repeat)

The Voodoo Lady said to me,
Just go and ask LeChuck.
LeChuck? Yes. Why?! Oh, I don't know
Just go and try your luck!

So on I went, the monkey too
And I showed it to him.
He said: Argh! Well I'll be damned,
'tis my pet monkey Tim!

Chorus (repeat)

This' yours?
Yes.

(instrumental)

And I said "This is yours?!"
Yes no doubt it,
Of course!
Get him off me!

'cause I will
Certainly, hopefully, probably
Kill this monkey!

Stole my change!
Tim would not!
Yes he did, he got caught!
He would never steal anything from you... Just get your monkey away...Leave my monkey alone...Tell him to leave me alone!

I've got no more
Monkey in my pocket,
And I've got all my change
I pre-ordered Monkey Island
And now I have to wait...

Comments

• edited July 2009
    There's a longer version! o_0

I.must.have.it!
  • edited July 2009
    No, actually, that's just something I added to the original version. :)
  • Andrei?

Will you marry me?

>.>
    <.<
    ^.^
  • edited July 2009
    ^ Ummm, sure!

.... are you a girl?

:p

I hope you ARE! But then again, I received stranger offers before...
  • edited July 2009
    Oooh that's by far my favorite MI song :D

Silverwolfpet, de unde esti din Romania? Io-s in Bucuresti si ma tot uit pe site de azi-dimineata sa vad cand il baga ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Will you take my kidney in a box?

Would you take it with a fox?

Would you take it in a house?

Would you take it with a mouse?
  • edited July 2009
    Haha! Genial! Ma si intrebam de ce nu vad pe nimeni de pe aici! :D Si eu abia astept! Sunt din Bucuresti, ca si tine.

Short version translated for the non-romanian-speaking-people: Cool, I found a guy that's from my town! Monkey Island has reached this part of the world too! :D
  • ^ Ummm, sure!

.... are you a girl?

:p

I am a girl. :D

I happened on Monkey in my Pocket 2 days ago and loved it. Now I have a karaoke version to torment my friends and family with.
  • edited July 2009
    Haha! Genial! Ma si intrebam de ce nu vad pe nimeni de pe aici! :D Si eu abia astept! Sunt din Bucuresti, ca si tine.

Short version translated for the non-romanian-speaking-people: Cool, I found a guy that's from my town! Monkey Island has reached this part of the world too! :D

Haha I'm a girl too, I guess your radar must not be working or something ;)

Actually, I remember playing the MI games all the way back in middle school and a bunch of other kids were playing them too. And then in high school I made all my friends play lol. So yeah, I know a lot of Romanians that love Monkey Island, we're not alone:)
  • edited July 2009
    What? I thought WE were getting married :(
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    actually, i have a confession to make. this little jingle has found its way into me and my girlfriends brains. at least once a day one of us randomly breaks out into song. we're still kinda confused as to how you've done this to us
  • edited July 2009
    That's excellent! I think it's better than the original super-secret hidden second verse of "Monkey In My Pocket"*

Oh, there's a monkey in my pocket
    And he's playing with my keys
    He's anxious, loud and gassy
    But at least he don't have fleas.

*(I'm not making that up! I had two verses ready in case we needed it but we ended up only using the first one)
  • edited July 2009
    Chuck wrote: »
    That's excellent! I think it's better than the original super-secret hidden second verse of "Monkey In My Pocket"*

Oh, there's a monkey in my pocket
    And he's playing with my keys
    He's anxious, loud and gassy
    But at least he don't have fleas.

*(I'm not making that up! I had two verses ready in case we needed it but we ended up only using the first one)

:eek:

Wow! ...you actually left me speechless. Thank you! I really don't know what to say... Thank you very much!
    You guys are great, and I hope that we'll get to share cool moments like this one in the future, when we're all old and funny-looking.
  • edited July 2009
    Yesterday I took a chose... I could have rather keep studying my brains off or hang out with my friends and wait for the launch of TOMI. Obviously, I took the hardest and more painfull choice: wait for the game.
    In that glorious afternoon we came across your youtube video of "Monkey in my pocket" and then we snaped. 'Till now (about 14 or 15 hours later) I still can't get it out of my head and when I'm trying to -pointlessly- study, I keep seeing this monkeys going around my bedroom...

So... THANK YOU very much Silverwolfpet for making the waiting so funny.
  • edited July 2009
    LucasJ wrote: »
    So... THANK YOU very much Silverwolfpet for making the waiting so funny.

You are most welcome! :D
    It was my pleasure...
  • edited July 2009
    I am a girl. :D

I happened on Monkey in my Pocket 2 days ago and loved it. Now I have a karaoke version to torment my friends and family with.

Happy Tormenting! :D
  • edited July 2009
    You wouldn't happen to have an a capella version of your vocals rolling around somewhere? I'd be more interested in remixing the track than scaring anyone with my horrible voice... :)
  • edited July 2009
    Leak wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to have an a capella version of your vocals rolling around somewhere? I'd be more interested in remixing the track than scaring anyone with my horrible voice... :)

This is rather embarasing... while being ok-ish on the piano, I haven't really payed attention to my music lessons in school (as in theory lessons). A capella = voice only, no instruments? If so, I think I can pull them out of the original mix. Send me an e-mail at silverwolfpet at yahoo dot com. I'll send it to you. :)
    What kind of mix? :p
  • edited December 2010
    Just saw it!

I have to say, I've never seen you that serious! (I'm talking about the intro of the video)
  • edited December 2010
    Woah, just saw it? Took you long enough hahahaha!

Man is this thread old! And look, Chuck Norris wrote in it! Or was it Chuck Jordan? Either way, awesome, hehehe. Ah, fond memories...

*goes back to work on BTTF tribute*
  • edited December 2010
    Took you long enough hahahaha!
    XD
    :D
    :) ... :S
    :|
    OK OK! it took me long to watch, so what? oh, you didn't say that repeatedly ... sorry ... it was just a figment of my imagination ...
    I still got to watch: Inspector Plustard, Who is Crazy?, Ask a Monkeyologist! - Episode 3, Ask a Monkeyologist is BACK!
    Chuck Norris wrote in it!
    heh .. each time I saw one of Chuck Jo's posts I thought hey! Chuck Norris is here ... although I don't know him and the only place I've heard about him was in Neil C's "Ultimate Showdown"

Anyway, the intro looks like as if you've just won an Oscar and reading your thank you note! SWP being serious? I ... can't ... take it .... AGHHHHH!!! ... no offense

PS: who did those flash animations? Majus?
  • edited December 2010
    Nope...Majus and I started talking right after this video was published. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.