LORD Stoneheart?

I had this crazy theory that since D&D haven't brought back Lady Stoneheart......If Jon Snow is not the "azor azai" or whatever his name is and in the winds of winter he is actually dead then a VERY COOL remix of lady stoneheart would be to make it Jon Snow as "Lord Stoneheart".

Stannis' has been broken a second time and it'd be awesome for a zombie Jon Snow to kill Ramsay

Comments

• Please no. They've already taken so much from jon in his storyline. He doesn't need to be shoved into someone elses.

• Jon? Revengeful? No. To out-of-character.

• Well It wouldn't be "Jon"....It would "stoneheart". A zombified version who is seeks revenge on the people who wrongs his family. That's exactly what Catelyn did after she was ressurected in the novels. It's not out of character because they would be different characters. It would be a vengeful version of him.

Jon? Revengeful? No. To out-of-character.

• What do you mean? If he's dead then his storyline is over. lol In my opinion they actually gave him a little extra with Hardhome. that shit doesn't happen in the books

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Please no. They've already taken so much from jon in his storyline. He doesn't need to be shoved into someone elses.

• If that role is given to anyone, I prefer they give it to Sansa so she can at least do something next season.

• IMO he is Not dead. But that's not what i was referring to.

I mean that the show runners gave away most of his deeds, like finding the dragonglass cache for example, and gave them to other characters. They took the bond he has with Ghost and made it into a joke (not to mention the other Starks and their wolves), and generally changed his storyline too much for my tastes. And i definitely wouldn't want him to become a vengefull corpse like his asshole step-mom.

I guess i wish they'd stop adding shit that Isn't in the books, and start getting back to the events that Are. After all, the only reason I started watching the show was to see how the stories i already knew and loved, would unfold further.

Wigams posted: »

What do you mean? If he's dead then his storyline is over. lol In my opinion they actually gave him a little extra with Hardhome. that shit doesn't happen in the books

• Youre a book reader who is insecure because you don't know exactly what is going to happen when it's going to happen. GRRM "The books are the books and the show is the show". They have done pretty much most MAJOR events that happen in the books and both D&D and GRRM stated many times they will end the same way. To me this means that some of the storylines they cut aren't as important as you think. (Could be wrong).

As for Jon Snow. He got stabbed 6 (I believe?) times in the stomach and in the heart. He is probably dead (Once again I could be wrong). If he comes back then it won't be the SAME Jon Snow that you know and love. Lady Stoneheart and Catylen are not the EXACT same character. Death changes you and if Jon is revived by the lord of light it will change him too. (Like it did the character we saw in season 3 the hound killed.)

IMO he is Not dead. But that's not what i was referring to. I mean that the show runners gave away most of his deeds, like finding the dr

• Please, no. Why? What?

I'm tired of Stoneheart theories popping up every week. LS and every possible variation of her are cut and the hype is no more. D&D would be doing more harm than good by introducing a character like this so late in the story. Let it end.

In other news, Kit has been spotting in Belfast with cast members. Looks like he actually will be resurrected by Melisandre somehow.

• I have no doubt whatsoever that Jon will come back. Melisandre probably put the Night's Watch up to killing Jon (though they hardly needed much encouragement), in order to fulfill her plan.

• Ugh no. I'm probably the only one who thought Catelyn being resurrected was stupid in the first place...

• Not in any way shape or form. She is no way "Put the nights watch up to it". It was a mutiny. Not a plan by melisandre :P

ClemRanger posted: »

I have no doubt whatsoever that Jon will come back. Melisandre probably put the Night's Watch up to killing Jon (though they hardly needed much encouragement), in order to fulfill her plan.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

(Everything I'm saying is in regards to the books, not the show)

I thought of a really cool closure to Catelyn's arc but due to plot problems there's a 99% chance is that it would never happen:

A tinfoil hat "what if": what if she by chance runs into the body/grave of Jon Snow who the readers come to accept as deceased.
    Could it actually be Lady Stoneheart, not Melisandre, that passes the kiss of life onto him? Talking strictly hypothetically, since she couldn't have let go of her hatred towards him for being a reminder of his mother, perhaps we could consider her revival as a penance? And they're also establishing Melisandre's knowledge of the kiss of life. So, a wild guess would be that near the end of TWOW, Lady Stoneheart meets up with her children, somehow finds out about Jon's true parentage, and Melisandre asks her to pass on the kiss of life. If you think about it, it'd be kind of heart-breaking, she finally learns her kids are okay, she gets to understand Ned's motives, and she finally accepts Jon, making the ultimate sacrifice to redeem herself.

Lady StoneHeart will transfer her essence into Jon Snow, through her acceptance of him he is revived as the champion of R'hllor, wouldn't it be amazing?

Of course there are major problems preventing this from happening; what I think will happen with LSH is this: Brienne is bringing Jaime to her currently. Brienne will have a last second change of heart, and stab (figuratively or literally) Stoneheart in the back (which has the nice added irony that if Brienne uses Oathkeeper, she will be stabbing what once was Catelyn in the back with what once was her husband's greatsword Ice). Brienne is experiencing Jaime's arc writ small in regards to the importance of upholding oaths. Betraying the person she swore an oath to after that person went a little insane completes her story nicely.

edited June 2015

I guess i wish they'd stop adding shit that Isn't in the books, and start getting back to the events that Are. After all, the only reason I started watching the show was to see how the stories i already knew and loved, would unfold further.

Well the books are the books and the show is the show, they're both completely separate things with separate branchings in the plot. GRRM said it himself, he likes that the show isn't the same as the books and he likes how they're both drifting apart from each other to form different stories.

IMO he is Not dead. But that's not what i was referring to. I mean that the show runners gave away most of his deeds, like finding the dr

• I don't think so, I really liked the idea of her being resurrected and going insane with claw marks on her face and a slit throat, all that crazy shit.

Clemenem posted: »

Ugh no. I'm probably the only one who thought Catelyn being resurrected was stupid in the first place...

• I get that it's a fantasy series but her turning into an undead evil zombie is ooc and offers no closure or development to the Stark family as a whole. Catelyn and Robb's deaths were needed since they're key parts to Sansa's and Arya's characters

AWESOMEO posted: »

I don't think so, I really liked the idea of her being resurrected and going insane with claw marks on her face and a slit throat, all that crazy shit.

edited June 2015

She's not really an undead evil zombie though, she was resurrected and is just as alive as Beric Dondarrion was when he was revived by Thoros of Myr. Her being "evil" isn't really evil; more like insane (and with a good reason - she watched her entire family betrayed and executed throughout ASoIaF) and vengeful. She wants to get back on the Freys, Boltons and Lannisters because they killed her son under their roof, it's understandable that she'd go on a killing spree.

Also, since not Arya nor Sansa know that she was revived, it still supplied them with the development they needed of coming to the realization that they're alone in the world.

Clemenem posted: »

I get that it's a fantasy series but her turning into an undead evil zombie is ooc and offers no closure or development to the Stark family as a whole. Catelyn and Robb's deaths were needed since they're key parts to Sansa's and Arya's characters

• She's a vengeful version of Catlyn stark. because of death changing you. It will change Jon too. Thats why stoneheart could be him.

She's not really an undead evil zombie though, she was resurrected and is just as alive as Beric Dondarrion was when he was revived by Thoro

• But the reason that Catelyn and Lady Stoneheart are so different is because Catelyn's consciousness died with her, and the last emotion she was feeling when she died was a desire for vengeance, so that carried over to her second life. The reason thsoe revived by R'Hlllor change when they come back is because their consciousness died with them, but Jon warged into Ghost before dying, so when he returns to his body, he will more or less be the same person, with just a slight possibility of being more animalistic, but his personality will, for the most part, remain in tact.

Youre a book reader who is insecure because you don't know exactly what is going to happen when it's going to happen. GRRM "The books are t

• But Catelyn was vengeful to begin with, wanting to strangle Cersei to death because of what she did to Ned and Sansa. Lady Stoneheart is just a magnification of that vengefulness, like Beric Dondarrion's revived self was more devoted to the small folk, and the Brotherhood because it magnified a part of his old personality. R'hllor bringing someone back doesn't give them a brand new personality, it only magnifies aspects of their old one, and since Jon was never vengeful to begin with, coming back won't make him vengeful.

Well It wouldn't be "Jon"....It would "stoneheart". A zombified version who is seeks revenge on the people who wrongs his family. That's e

• Catelyn was vengeful to begin with, though, and Jon wasn't. Lady Stoneheart is just the personification of her vengefulness, a shadow of the old Catelyn, without Catelyn's restraint. Before she died, Catelyn wishes that she could strangle Cersei to death with her bare hands, showing that she had this within her from the start, and losing everything at the Twins was the last straw for her self control. Jon won't become more vengeful after being brought back, because he wasn't to begin with, whereas Catelyn was.

She's a vengeful version of Catlyn stark. because of death changing you. It will change Jon too. Thats why stoneheart could be him.

• edited June 2015

If both are intended to both BEGIN & END the same way then they ARE the same story. no matter the changes they make.

I'm not insecure that i don't know what will happen, Lol! I dislike the changes they made to the story. If you like them good for you.

As for Jon, the debate has been the same since ADWD came out, and as i said, IMO Jon Snow is NOT dead.

As for Catelyn, no shit.

Youre a book reader who is insecure because you don't know exactly what is going to happen when it's going to happen. GRRM "The books are t

• No offense, but i'm really sick of this statement.

I am obviously aware that they are seperate mediums. Think of them how you will, as will I. They are still the same story in my eyes.

I guess i wish they'd stop adding shit that Isn't in the books, and start getting back to the events that Are. After all, the only reason I

• I have heard this theory before over on Westeros. There are lots of people who would agree with you.

(Everything I'm saying is in regards to the books, not the show) I thought of a really cool closure to Catelyn's arc but due to plot prob

• Well it's a fact that they're separate, not my opinion lmao. Since there are different plot lines (example: Jaime's trip to Dorne), the stories are now not the same.

I don't know, I like that it's different, this way there wasn't really any way knowing that some things would've happened even if you've read the books.

No offense, but i'm really sick of this statement. I am obviously aware that they are seperate mediums. Think of them how you will, as will I. They are still the same story in my eyes.

• Catelyn was already vengeful though, Jon wasn't. It doesn't fit his character to go on a killing spree, either.

She's a vengeful version of Catlyn stark. because of death changing you. It will change Jon too. Thats why stoneheart could be him.

• The fact that you say 'the stories are now not the same' implies they were once the same.

Which is all i was saying in the first place. Thanks for your opinion, but i think i'll keep my own.

Well it's a fact that they're separate, not my opinion lmao. Since there are different plot lines (example: Jaime's trip to Dorne), the stor

• edited June 2015

Well you are right about the ressurection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n907I79y2kY

• They are still the same story in my eyes.

And I thought I was the only one.

No offense, but i'm really sick of this statement. I am obviously aware that they are seperate mediums. Think of them how you will, as will I. They are still the same story in my eyes.

• Nope, you're not alone friend :) i'm stubborn like that.

Barthanax posted: »

They are still the same story in my eyes. And I thought I was the only one.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.