Custom Resolutions? How?

The game locks to standard resolutions - 1280*720, etc. - but my television and gaming setup is at a nonstandard resolution, thus, I either have to play at a crappy widescreened 1024*768, or lose part of the screen, possibly rendering the game unplayable. I tried the TTRes fixer, but apparently the game uses a different engine from Sam and Max Season 1/2.
Any help would be fantastic!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I'm interested in custom resolutions as well!

W&G offered a resolution of 2560x1600 pixels, but this one doesn't. Is it just me or did they throw that one overboard? :confused:

The highest resolution I can choose is a weird 2048x1536-something. Upscaling 1920x1200 to a 30" screen isn't really ideal, so I'd really appreciate some sort of solution :)
  • edited July 2009
    Adaro wrote: »
    I'm interested in custom resolutions as well!

W&G offered a resolution of 2560x1600 pixels, but this one doesn't. Is it just me or did they throw that one overboard? :confused:

The highest resolution I can choose is a weird 2048x1536-something. Upscaling 1920x1200 to a 30" screen isn't really ideal, so I'd really appreciate some sort of solution :)

2560x1600 works for me.
    http://i32.tinypic.com/a46avk.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    I tried the TTRes fixer, but apparently the game uses a different engine from Sam and Max Season 1/2.

TTRes Patcher? That sounds like a cool little utility. :D

Actually, I created that program, and yes, it seems TTG went out of their way to encrypt the data differently in TOMI. They really should have just stored it un-encrypted for reasons I e-mailed them privately about with no response.

I'm looking into how hard the new encryption is right now, because I can't play the games at the modes TOMI allows.

What a needless step backwards. Plenty of users such as myself have been complaining about this since day 1 of S&M, so it's not like TTG does not know about the issue.

I made a post about this issue in the support thread here.

We need to be carefull discussing the utility though, because every discussion about it has been banned. So we should just stick to bugging TTG to fix this issue. Unfortunately TTG has a bad track record on issuing patches. W&G ep1 still has not been fixed.

On an up note, TOMI looks good for the 2 minutes I played it.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for that image. Gave me a clue where to click for invisible buttons to find graphics settings from gameplay settings. Stuck on "1" quality, which I assume means you miss out on stuff like inventory and other useful things.
  • edited July 2009
    Let me know if you manage to work out the encryption. I like to dig around inside the ttarch files, but I can't seem to identify anything now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.