Unable to Connect to Telltale Account

I'm constantly receiving this error every time I try to access the Telltale Account option at the menu. I got the first episode a few days ago and recently bought the season pass. I've played through 3 episodes and I've yet to be able to see any of my choices.

I'm almost certain I was able to view my choices offline with every other game... with the exception of Game of Thrones.

I've read that I need to connect my PS4 to the internet via ethernet, but I've never had to do that with any other Telltale game. And it sounds a bit silly that I'd have to reconfigure my network in order to view my choices in a single game.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for any difficulties that this has caused you. You should not need to be connected to the internet through an Ethernet cord, though being connected through one would provide the best connection possible with our servers. You can also connect using a WiFi network connection if you have the ability to, and you should then be able to log into your Telltale account and link it in-game. Please note that you do not need to link your Telltale account in order to see your choices at the end of episodes. It is only for seeing your extended stats/choices on our website. On the PS4 version of the game, you will need to be connected to the internet at least once in order for the stats to become enabled and allow you to see them properly at the end of each episode.

• I'm starting to wonder if this might be affecting it:
    PSN has been having some unexplainable external issues.

I was also having issues with Batman: Arkham Knight retrieving leaderboards post-patch... so it might be something on their end (since I've never had an issue with any previous Telltale game).

Thanks for the reply!

I apologize for any difficulties that this has caused you. You should not need to be connected to the internet through an Ethernet cord, tho

• I tried again this morning now that the Arkham Knight leaderboards are updating for me.

Still no connection.

I can't even log in. Telltale email support recommended I use a simpler password, but I can't even get to the stage in which I enter a username or password. All I can do is select Telltale Account and receive a "Network Unavailable" pop up.

It's funny... I can connect to the server just fine in the Episodes tab... where I'm asked to buy more episodes or the season pass...

I apologize for any difficulties that this has caused you. You should not need to be connected to the internet through an Ethernet cord, tho

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you have changed your password, and would like to try re-logging in, please try unlinking your account from your PS4 version of the game. To do this, please click My Account at the top of this webpage, then click Settings from the drop down bar. After you reach your Settings page, scroll down to the Account Linking section, and next to the Playstation Network section click the 'Unlink' button. After you have changed/updated your password, you can then start the game, and it should ask you to re-log in. If it does not, you can then open the Telltale Account page, and it should ask you to log in.

QValintyne posted: »

I tried again this morning now that the Arkham Knight leaderboards are updating for me. Still no connection. I can't even log in. Tell

This discussion has been closed.