Minecraft: Story Mode Reveal Trailer and First Cast Details

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Minecraft: Story Mode

Revealed today at MINECON in London... the world premiere trailer and first cast details for Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series!

You'll control protagonist Jesse throughout the season, as portrayed by actor Patton Oswalt. Jesse and his group of friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone; four adventurers who slayed an Ender Dragon. The Order are the very best at what they do: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect. While at EnderCon, Jesse and his friends discover that something is wrong... something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and they must set out on a journey to find The Order of the Stone if they are to save their world from oblivion.

The season will feature Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Ashley Johnson, Scott Porter, Martha Plimpton, Dave Fennoy, Corey Feldman, Billy West, and Paul Reubens. Look for further casting details to come!

What else can we tell you about the upcoming series and how cool it is to be collaborating as studios? Hear it straight from Telltale's own CEO and Mojang's Chief Word Officer...

"We've worked closely with the amazing team at Mojang to ensure this story is a natural fit for the Minecraft world fans already know and love," said Kevin Bruner, CEO and co-founder of Telltale Games. "As Jesse, players will steer their own path through a tale of adventure and survival; all brought to life by an all-star cast. Through Telltale's choice-based gameplay and a story spanning from the Nether to the Farlands, the End, and beyond, we can't wait for fans to experience this new take on the beloved world of Minecraft."

"The interactive storytellers at Telltale are giving players the chance to explore their own unique interpretation of the Minecraft universe," said Owen Hill, Chief Word Officer at Mojang. "They've crafted a story that follows the logic of Minecraft, but still manages to feel original. It's actually pretty funny too. And the pig is adorable. We're super excited about players digging deeper into the world of Minecraft: Story Mode later this year."

Minecraft: Story Mode will be a standalone product, separate from the core Minecraft game, and will be available to download later this year on PC/Mac, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and compatible iOS and Android-based devices.

We'll also be doing a panel with Mojang at 4:30pm London time Saturday (8:30am PT / 11:30am ET), where we'll go into a little more depth about how our collaboration started and what you can expect to see in Minecraft: Story Mode. If you're joining us at the convention in London, click here to add the panel to your schedule: https://guidebook.com/guide/38653/event/11392026/

No worries if you're not actually at Minecon - you can check out the livestream of the panel here! http://www.twitch.tv/event/minecon

Comments

• :O Take my money! I want this game now!

• I'd rather have The Wolf Among Us Season Two than this

• I ALREADY SAW EASTER EGG!
    Dave Fennoy is potraiting that "Afroamerican warrior" in this trailer.
    Dave Fennoy is potrating Lee in The Walking Dead Game
    "Afroamerican warrior" looks just like Lee
    LEE CONFIRMED!

• So it's like an interactive animation? I knew giving this thing a chance wouldn't make it as bad as everyone thought.

• I have no idea what to think. But Telltale makes some good stuff, so...

• For some reason, this makes me want to see "Hotline Miami: Story Mode"...

• I played minecraft for years, and i love all telltale games... But this trailer did nothing for me.

• Telltale I love you, and I love minecraft, but the graphics and the story don't mix, it seems like a Minecraft animation with Avenger movie audio instead of the animation's audio.

• "Minecraft: Story Mode will be a standalone product, separate from the core Minecraft game, and will be available to download later this year on PC/Mac, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and compatible iOS and Android-based devices."

Is this coming to Vita? There seems to be conflicting information.

• That's quite the cast... When is this coming out?

• Standalone product? I thought the trailer said this is episodic.

• That looks so shitty.. Why........

• They mean "Standalone product" as in it's not a Minecraft add-on. The 5 episode Season of Minecraft: Story Mode makes up its own individual game.

matteso586 posted: »

Standalone product? I thought the trailer said this is episodic.

• I'm getting a very lego movie vibe here, and I love it!

• Yay, Dave Fennoy! Yay, Telltale! So excited! :)

• Don't be one of those people...

Jacol posted: »

I'd rather have The Wolf Among Us Season Two than this

• Sometime near the end of the year.

That's quite the cast... When is this coming out?

• The story may be awesome but the idea of playing these square/block-looking things is very off-putting. I gather that Minecraft is about placing blocks but I was hoping that it could use the game as an inspiration story-wise but not visually-wise, if that makes sense. This might be the first telltale game that I'm not even going to try, unless on a huge sale, but I'm sure it'll be a great game nonetheless, and I'm glad for the Minecraft fans out here.

• Same

Jacol posted: »

I'd rather have The Wolf Among Us Season Two than this

• I don't care for Minecraft and so I was not sure how a story mode would looks like. After this trailer I'm almost sold on the idea. Guess I wait for episode one to show up.

• Can you make 'Telltale's game' in Witcher world or Warcraft world? A lot of people like these games.

• i gotta say, the cast is both amazing and totally crazy

• That's gonna be Great. ( Voices, Pete, Lee etc. :D ) (İngilizcemi idare ediverin :D)

• I'll admit the trailer did kinda sell it to me. That otherworld bit at the end is what grabbed me. Was there a block character in a Tron suit?

• I don't think this will be bad really I mean its Telltale "the masters of storytelling", they will probably turn this into an exiting story that's worth exploring just give it a chance I now that I will and other people to.

This discussion has been closed.